GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do need to ask a question to some of you who think Dan was in his garage before he saw someone in his driveway: Does this open up the possibility to all of you that it could've been a road rage incident? Where the person in the Prius follows Dan home and shoots him in the garage. I ask because in my scenario of the person already being the driveway, it kind of rules out any kind of road rage episode. I mean, how can the person get to Dan's house before Dan does? . . . .

rbbm.

" A Florida State University criminal law professor was pulling into his driveway and talking on his cell phone when he was fatally shot, ABC News has learned exclusively.

Professor Dan Markel, 41, was shot July 18, dying hours later.

The killer was waiting for Markel outside his home in Tallahassee’s Betton Hills section, a source told ABC News, and followed Markel into the garage, shooting him in the side of the head through the window of his car"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fsu-professor-talking-cell-phone-shooting-happened/story?id=24737462

" Published on Oct 22, 2014"

A Florida State University professor was shot dead as he pulled into the driveway of his suburban home on July 18..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGi_RPkHdEQ

I do need to ask a question to some of you who think Dan was in his garage before he saw someone in his driveway: Does this open up the possibility to all of you that it could've been a road rage incident? Where the person in the Prius follows Dan home and shoots him in the garage. I ask because in my scenario of the person already being the driveway, it kind of rules out any kind of road rage episode. I mean, how can the person get to Dan's house before Dan does? . . . .

No, fasteddy, I don't think it was a road rage incident. :twocents:

I would think along the lines of someone who was very angry with him in his professional life, or someone who stood to gain something in the event of his death. In either scenario, I think the shooter was a hired hand.

IMHO

And another shooting concerning Florida State University . . . I will be interested to find out who the shooter is and what the motive could've been. Could it be related to Dan Markel's murder? Hmmm . . . maybe it's just the conspiracy side of me coming out.

Yes, that is true, however, they need to check it
out. Wow!

This new article concerning guns and violence, mentions both Myron and Mr Markel..
rbbm.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...ooter-identified-How-best-to-protect-students
"We are too frequently and too often waking up to incidences like this around the country," Tallahassee mayor-elect Andrew Gillum said at the news conference.

Thursday’s library shooting is the second act of gun violence in the span of a few months to affect the campus. In July, FSU law professor Dan Markel was killed at his home with a gun. That case remains unsolved".

Yep, dotr, I read that one, too. In fact, I just sent CSM an email saying they need to follow-up and see if there's a connection between the two crimes.

I don't want to get TOO completely ahead of myself on this but . . . if Myron May did murder Dan Markel, it shouldn't take the police--if they investigate it--to make the connection. Does May own a Prius? Did he ever rent one? Do the ballistics of the FSU shooting and Dan's murder match? Could Myron May have known where Dan lived? Etc.

If it was Myron May, it would explain to me why Dan didn't seem too worried when he saw someone in his driveway: Myron May--clean cut guy, might've been dressed decently well, etc. In addition, if Myron May is the killer, I have to say that this is kinda what I envisioned originally regarding Dan's death: He was murdered by a random stranger who appeared to be not the murdering kind--if there is such a thing.

Hmmmm, dotr, that would put a crimp in the theory. But, who knows, since he was origianlly from Tallahassee area, he could've been back in July. The landlord makes it sound like Myron was down on his luck despite being a lawyer licensed in a couple different states. Maybe law wasn't working out for him and he took it out on Dan--a person Myron might've known to be the most prominent law person on FSU's campus.

As for this FSU shooting, it could be the murder of Dan was the beginning of Myron's descent into whatever personal Hell he reached yesterday.

As I told the Christian Science Monitor: Lawyers aren't murdered very often. And lawyers don't commit murder very often. So, what are the odds of a lawyer going on a murderous (although no one was killed) rampage at a university where the most prominent law professor was murdered just 4 months before? I think that puts it all in perspective.

I took a look at his Facebook page. Would you be surprised to know that the longest period he took off from posting there--over a month--was around the time when Dan was murdered?

I gotta tell ya: I'm getting a kind of "Teleka Patrick" feel to this guy--had some struggles then went off the deep end.

Hmmmm, dotr, that would put a crimp in the theory. But, who knows, since he was origianlly from Tallahassee area, he could've been back in July. The landlord makes it sound like Myron was down on his luck despite being a lawyer licensed in a couple different states. Maybe law wasn't working out for him and he took it out on Dan--a person Myron might've known to be the most prominent law person on FSU's campus.

As for this FSU shooting, it could be the murder of Dan was the beginning of Myron's descent into whatever personal Hell he reached yesterday.

Removed my posts linking M's Fb, because of the craziness imo, anyone looking to hire a lawyer, possibly would reconsider M as choice...jmho

Going along those lines of him saying his family had some issues in July . . . speculation time:

His family is in Florida, in the Tallahassee area. So, there's the possibility he might've traveled to FL from TX in July for those family reasons. In addition, I'm sure he didn't drive. He must've flown. Thus, a rented Prius . . . . Hmmmmmmm.

dotr, I understand why you deleted that. Hey, at least we all know he had a Facebook account now! I don't think I would've thought to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken