GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced she was well aware. Certain details had to come from someone with intimate knowledge of the neighborhood, among many other glaring red flags. I do wonder if it can be proven legally. This isn't your average prosecution, these people are legal scholars & academia. It's totally possible guilty folks could effectively litigate their way out of an arrest and/or conviction.
Yes, legal scholars, academia and incredibly stupid.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yes, legal scholars, academia and incredibly stupid.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yep. Very little difference between the stupid and those who've been educated clear out of common sense.

I'm convinced she was well aware. Certain details had to come from someone with intimate knowledge of the neighborhood, among many other glaring red flags ...

I also think she was aware, but on this specific point -- it's possible her family members (mom/parents/brother) had been to their home in Tally enough to have knowledge of the neighborhood or that he drops the kids off in the morning, that kind of thing, without having to include WA necessarily.

Rough spectrum of WA's possible involvement in the plot:

1) she initiated or co-initiated the plan with family members
2) she was not involved initially but became aware of the plan at some point BEFORE the murder
3) she was not involved initially but became aware of her family's involvement at some point AFTER the murder
4) she never knew anything about it .... and was shocked to see her brother's name associated with alleged hitman today

There could of course be other shades between/around those four. But to me, 4) almost defies belief .... as someone mentioned above, when the hit actually happened she would have at the least had to be suspicious of her family, since it made her/their "problem" go away, would start asking her own questions. Plus law enforcement questioning would have likely gone down this road with her and the family. From all indications she was extremely tight with her family (lived with her parents after initially moving back to south FL, right?). At a minimum, if her brother and/or mom were at the controls, I think WA would have been told "something bad might happen to Dan soon .... don't ask questions, you know nothing" or the like.

On my scale above I lean towards 2), with 1) and 3) also possibilities.

Well, in light of the developing story, I no longer think it is important whether or not WA has a behavioral disorder such as psychopathy or sociopathy as nancydrew71 suggested. I consider murder to be far more serious and since not all psychopaths are murderers, I would rather take my chances hoping I could outwit one of them. A sane functioning murderer? No thanks.

In my opinion, murder, under certain circumstances, must have been an acceptable belief in this family. Beyond self-defense (as in: someone has grabbed you from behind, shows you a knife and threatens to kill you).
It all sounds kind of like the Sopranos.
WA would have known what the reaction would be to her circumstances. A brother would not intrude in this way, unless he was certain of her agreement. In my mind there is no question and I am sorry for them, mostly the little boys who have been presented with evil as an example of how to live. What a gift.
This is truly child abuse and the opposite of love.

I really think that LE should check out any other suspicious deaths associated with this family

As you all know, I've made some arguments over the past 1 1/2 years that it was quite possible that the family didn't have anything to do with that. Obviously, I was wrong. However, I will admit that had I known the additional info--contained in the People article for example--I think I would've been in the "family did it" camp from the beginning. There was an unscheduled hearing arranged that never happened due to Dan's murder? The mother-in-law had made comments about Dan? Adelson's brother didn't like Dan? Yeah, that info would've been helpful.

We did get a couple things correct, including the fact that the Prius was rented.

As for whether the ex initiated it, I'm not sure it's relevant as a matter of law. But, if she didn't initiate it, she HAD to know what went on. She HAD to know somebody in her family instigated it, now that we now all know what she knew at the time Dan was murdered--the emails, her mother's hatred for Dan, the upcoming unscheduled court hearing, etc.

To add, though, to what I just said . . . and piggybacking on the People magazine article . . . the two shooters left SO MANY ways to get caught, it's not even funny. For example, they rented a motel room and made the person rent it under his own name instead of their own. What? They couldn't just sleep in the car and keep at least one person out of the conspiracy? Once again, this is why hiring hitmen hardly ever works--they may be criminals but that doesn't mean they're smart.

However, it also shows that even with all those loose ends out there, it takes a while for this stuff to be solved. And that is something I underestimated.

We don't know the dynamics of their marriage so I can't judge her actions.

Well, she's alive and he is dead and it wasn't self-defense. Dynamics?

If anyone has information regarding Florida statute & case law regarding sealed/unsealed affidavits in criminal cases, please feel free to share. I'm curious as to protocol vs freedom of information & the publics right to know.

Online Sunshine
I think this is it. I have not had time to read the links but there should be some exceptions for ongoing criminal investigations

For family member(s) to be involved without her explicit permission, they'd have to be confident she wouldn't become suspicious and turn on them, if she guessed.

I had a thought, wouldn't it be great if she was the witness from Tallahassee, and chose justice over family loyalty. How can you advocate for human rights and turn a blind eye to hired murder right in front of you?

Well, she's alive and he is dead and it wasn't self-defense. Dynamics?

This is very sad, count me in the group that believe WA knows all about Dan's murder & is complicit in planning it. Thankfully there is an extensive amount of electronic data used, that will solidify the connections between all involved in this crime. Jmho

For family member(s) to be involved without her explicit permission, they'd have to be confident she wouldn't become suspicious and turn on them, if she guessed.

I had a thought, wouldn't it be great if she was the witness from Tallahassee, and chose justice over family loyalty. How can you advocate for human rights and turn a blind eye to hired murder right in front of you?

That would be a plot twist worthy of a movie. But very very very unlikely.

If Jim Lewis is the recommended attorney for Garcia, who pays him?

Sad to read this blog post by Dan 11 years ago in light of what we know today:

http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg/2005/05/my_dispensabili.html

Wendi Adelson agreed to marry me. She now wears what she likes to call a "big girl ring," which I find has proven a worthwhile investment in terms of its deterrent powers alone. Love_birds_ii_1 All I can say is: Wow, did I win the lottery of life. And it is a sentiment with which my friends and family eagerly share.

Wendi

https://m.soundcloud.com/writing-class-radio/episode-6-wendi

"We married when we i was in my mid twenties when I thought I could cheat the system and marry a man I lacked passionate love for because hey, didn't that die anyway during marriage , I saw his intellect and big heart and thought he would make a wonderful father for my children"

To add, though, to what I just said . . . and piggybacking on the People magazine article . . . the two shooters left SO MANY ways to get caught, it's not even funny. For example, they rented a motel room and made the person rent it under his own name instead of their own. What? They couldn't just sleep in the car and keep at least one person out of the conspiracy? Once again, this is why hiring hitmen hardly ever works--they may be criminals but that doesn't mean they're smart.

However, it also shows that even with all those loose ends out there, it takes a while for this stuff to be solved. And that is something I underestimated.

BBM. Agree, and it makes the Missy Bevers case more understandable, as well as the Teresa Sievers case. Before the technology age, this case probably never would have been solved.

This is very sad, count me in the group that believe WA knows all about Dan's murder & is complicit in planning it. Thankfully there is an extensive amount of electronic data used, that will solidify the connections between all involved in this crime. Jmho

Maybe not WA though, and maybe not even her mother, if all conversations took place in person.

Online Sunshine
I think this is it. I have not had time to read the links but there should be some exceptions for ongoing criminal investigations

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0200-0299/0286/0286ContentsIndex.html&StatuteYear=2012&Title=->2012->Chapter 286

The above will have to be copy/pasted. I don't know why it did not transfer as a link? It is a page with more links and titled "Online Sunshine"

Last night I just copy/pasted the page of statutes with links, but did not check and now see ^ in previous post that it did not transfer. Hope this has not confused anyone,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven