GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIMELINE helpful for reference or newbies….
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Timeline-of-Dan-Markel-murder-case-380988481.html
Timeline of Dan Markel murder case
By WCTV Eyewitness News | Updated: Thu 11:18 AM, Jun 02, 2016
The timeline from September 10, 2012 to June 20, 2013:

Does anyone know if the children
were away from Dan this entire time? Was Wendy and their boys in Miami during that whole time? That is almost an entire year!!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Are there any attorneys reading who can clarify if Sec.119.15 from the 2012 FL Statutes is relevant to the question about the laws surrounding the release of docs by Judge Sjostrom? Thanks
(also what about 286.011, not linked)

119.15 Legislative review of exemptions from public meeting and public records requirements.—

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0100-0199/0119/Sections/0119.15.html

were away from Dan this entire time? Was Wendy and their boys in Miami during that whole time? That is almost an entire year!!

Thanks for finding this and pointing it out. I had thought maybe a month or less. Wow.

No wonder he became litigious immediately (one of their friends posted this). Is this not kidnapping? Or something?

Anyone have any idea where WA's other sibling is? According to her brother's/dad's webpage for their dental practice, her dad refers to his 3 children. Wonder if that sibling, who I have not seen mentioned, is at all distant or estranged and what the significance of that might be. Possibly someone willing to talk to LE?

Random thoughts, as i play devil's advocate:
I can't wrap my head around the idea of WA not knowing. I just can't see a loved one taking it upon themself to permanently remove the father of her children without a go ahead... as nasty as my divorce was, I'd be angry if my parent or sibling hurt my child in such a manner. My sister is walking this road and I wouldn't risk losing her love by going behind her back and killing her kids dad...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Wendi Adelson agreed to marry me. She now wears what she likes to call a "big girl ring," which I find has proven a worthwhile investment in terms of its deterrent powers alone. Love_birds_ii_1 All I can say is: Wow, did I win the lottery of life. And it is a sentiment with which my friends and family eagerly share.

Wendi

https://m.soundcloud.com/writing-class-radio/episode-6-wendi

"We married when we i was in my mid twenties when I thought I could cheat the system and marry a man I lacked passionate love for because hey, didn't that die anyway during marriage , I saw his intellect and big heart and thought he would make a wonderful father for my children"

If nobody minds, a little light- hearted advice ..

[video=youtube;Lp-6O-9-N_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp-6O-9-N_A[/video]

On May 26, only a week ago, the newspaper, “Tallahassee Democrat”, published this quote:

“During Thursday’s press conference, TPD Spokesman David Northway repeatedly declined to divulge details about Garcia or the ongoing investigation.
"This case is ongoing and continuing," Northway said. "So if we were to release all of the details of the case, that would jeopardize our case that we are continuing to work.””

More here: http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/05/26/man-arrrested-dan-markel-case/84955148/

Are there any attorneys reading who can clarify if Sec.119.15 from the 2012 FL Statutes is relevant to the question about the laws surrounding the release of docs by Judge Sjostrom? Thanks
(also what about 286.011, not linked)

119.15 Legislative review of exemptions from public meeting and public records requirements.—

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0100-0199/0119/Sections/0119.15.html

Thank you for posting the links. I haven't found what I'm looking for because this does seems to be somewhat of a discretionary issue, at least in terms of what remains sealed and for how long. ‎

Unsealing those documents absent a hearing to allow the TPD to object was highly, highly unusual. It is my opinion only that regardless of reason, it was done absent protocol and lacking in good faith.
‎
I believe it has jeopardized the entire investigation. Now, everyone can lawyer up and get their stories straight. Makes me so angry.

Anyone have any idea where WA's other sibling is? According to her brother's/dad's webpage for their dental practice, her dad refers to his 3 children. Wonder if that sibling, who I have not seen mentioned, is at all distant or estranged and what the significance of that might be. Possibly someone willing to talk to LE?

I believe there is an oldest sibling in NY, but would also guess he has little to offer this FL investigation. (So am offering up no more, publicly or privately.)

Thanks for finding this and pointing it out. I had thought maybe a month or less. Wow.

No wonder he became litigious immediately (one of their friends posted this). Is this not kidnapping? Or something?

They were not gone that whole time. WA moved back to the Tallahassee area about 4-6 weeks after she originally left and stayed there while the litigation played out. (I assume on advice of counsel.)

They were not gone that whole time. WA moved back to the Tallahassee area about 4-6 weeks after she originally left and stayed there while the litigation played out. (I assume on advice of counsel.)

Yes, counsel said DM had no idea where she and the children were for 6 weeks, so she was gone at least that long with them.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article1977142.html

In legal pleadings, Markel’s attorneys said the separation surprised him. They said that Adelson hired professional movers while her husband was away for a short business trip, and that she left town with her belongings and the children.

“This abrupt and cruel departure shocked Mr. Markel, who, in a six-year marriage unmarked by any abuse, addiction or infidelity, was devoted to his wife and children,” his attorneys wrote. “For six weeks, Ms. Adelson gave no correct information regarding where she lived with the children.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article1977142.html#storylink=cpy

I will say that I think it is entirely possible that WA didn't know before-the-fact; if she didn't know (or, at least, very very strongly suspect) after-the-fact (unlikely), it can only be because she stuck her head in the sand.

Since I'm not a verified insider, I present the following only as rumor/speculation (which I hope is OK, because it doesn't implicate anyone directly, but is rather just some interesting info to consider in light of many of the questions raised by the affidavit re: WA's involvement): WA applied for at least one job out-of-state/away from her family as recently as a few months ago (she didn't get it).

No Dan had the children the day he was murdered. He had dropped them off at daycare earlier. What happened was after Wendi left with the kids she hid them, she was trying to get full custody. From the timeline: June 20, 2013 - Judge denies Wendi's motion for relocation with children, according to court records.

After she was denied the motion for relocation she brought the kids back up and they shared custody. After Dan's murder she moved back down with her parents.

Does that coincide with the timing of when the two people came a year ahead to Tallahassee to scope things out and a witness made their hotel reservations?

Does that coincide with the timing of when the two people came a year ahead to Tallahassee to scope things out and a witness made their hotel reservations?

No... I think you've got your timeline off somewhere. WA moved back to Tallahassee almost two years before Dan was eventually killed.

The judge's denial of her relocation was June 20, 2013. The unidentified witness first met with LR and SG in June 2014, and rented a room for them for the night of July 17, 2014 (the night before the murder).

ETA: I don't know when she came back with the kids...just the dates of the above in legal filings. Presumably she came back at some point after that 6-wk period when DM didn't know where they were. So if she left Sep 10, 2012, that would make it roughly November 2012 when DM discovered where she was with them. Did he demand she return immediately? I don't know...haven't read a source that indicates when WA actually returned to Tallahassee with the kids. Maybe someone else here has?

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-connect-markel-family-murder-plot/85286088/

Wendi Adelson, a former FSU law professor who officially left the faculty in January 2015 and now works for a federal appeals court judge in Miami, did not respond to an email request for comment. Charles Adelson did not return repeated calls to the dentistry practice, the Adelson Institute, which he shares with his father.

DeLeo would not elaborate on whether any of the Adelsons are under surveillance or if they have been interviewed. The probable cause report does not say whether family members have been questioned. When asked if he knew their whereabouts, DeLeo replied with a smirk: “We aren’t on speaking terms.”

Snip>

Investigators say Garcia and Rivera turned their phones off before 10 a.m. the day they murdered Markel, then fled back to North Miami, taking Interstate 10 to I-75.

The first person Garcia called when his phone was picked up again at 12:30 p.m. on cellular towers in the Lake City area was Katherine Magbanua.

The call to Magbanua, the mother of his two children, was one of 2,700 investigators found Garcia made to her between May 1, 2014, and July 19, 2014 - the day after Markel’s killing. After that, his phone went dead for good.

Magbanua, who is listed on state records as vice president of Garcia’s company, S. Garcia Solutions Inc., was involved at the time of the murder in what DeLeo described as “a very personal relationship” with Charles Adelson.

In Garcia’s arrest documents, she is cited as the link between the accused killers and the Adelsons.

Call records show Magbanua was one of Charles Adelson’s “top contacts.” She too is still being investigated, DeLeo said. There is no mention of her being interviewed yet by police.
rbbm

OMG I have been fascinated/horrified by this case since the very beginning. I am SO relieved that they have made this significant of an advancement. Totally shocked at this turn of events. So very very sad.

Does anyone know if Charlie Adelson is still involved with Magbanua? It's a bit odd to me that these two paths crossed. On the surface they seem to come from very different socio-economical backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken