GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info on the Adelson family: http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/more...ion-plus-a-closer-look-at-the-adelson-family/

"What else do we know about the Adelsons? Sources report that the Adelson parents weren’t fans of Dan Markel, their former son-in-law, but that they “worship” Wendi Adelson. There’s a “shrine-like” area of the Adelsons’ house — not quite a room, more like a hallway — that’s “dedicated almost entirely to pictures of Wendi since she was a kid,” one tipster told us.

“Wendi gloated about the [shrine area] as if it was a special thing,” said this source, who has visited the Adelsons at home. “But it was much more eerie than special. [While we were with the family], the focus on Wendi as special was palpable.”"

Well when you get married, you can't expect your husband to worship you or treat you as "special" but maybe this is what she expected. IMO this woman needed to grow up, be an adult.

This case is strange and getting stranger, imo,speculation.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...amily-fsu-slain-professor-20160603-story.html

Broward defense lawyer Michael D. Weinstein told the Sun Sentinel on Friday that he grew up around the corner from the Adelson family in Coral Springs.

"I have known the family my entire life. There is no doubt in my mind about their innocence whatsoever," Weinstein said. "The family has no involvement in this matter."

He declined further comment and said the Adelsons would not be responding to interview requests or questions from the media.

The family runs the Adelson Institute for Esthetics and Implant Dentistry in Tamarac, where Wendi Adelson's mother, Donna, is the patient care coordinator. Wendi's father, Dr. Harvey Adelson, is a cosmetic dentist; her brother, Dr. Charles Adelson, is a periodontist. A second brother, Robert, is a doctor in Albany, N.Y., specializing in ear, nose and throat conditions.

Snip>
Sky Smith, the lawyer who represented Rivera in the federal racketeering case, told the Sun Sentinel he only learned Friday that Rivera was a murder suspect. Smith said there was not even a hint of a suggestion that Rivera was under suspicion before now.

"I found him to be a decent guy," Smith said. "He's been involved with the Latin Kings for a long time but the allegations against him involved drugs and some fights. This is totally out of left field."

When Rivera was sentenced in January, Smith told the judge Rivera had started using drugs when he was 12.

"Luis Rivera is uneducated, cannot read or write and has been on the streets with little family guidance since before his teenage years," Smith wrote in court records, adding that Rivera had been diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was 10.

Despite those challenges, Rivera worked for the last 15 years as an assistant foreman at a masonry business, Smith wrote.

Wow. I don't care if she was the nicest woman in the world. But once a respected dentists decides to be involved with the baby mamma of a gang connected member; Then that should tell us that C.A was not thinking clearly or it should tell us that he doesn't mind the element that comes along with being involved in certain circles.

Jmo. C.A should have known better. But maybe he always felt that he was the bad boy of the family while still accomplishing family goals that were expected of him. What a waste.

rbbm .... any evidence that Garcia was in a gang? Or do you mean he was friendly with or an acquaintance of the known gang member Rivera? I agree with the general point in any case .... at the least, Garcia had a lengthy rap sheet, was not an upstanding citizen.

Related to this - does it matter in any way which one of Garcia/Rivera was the actual shooter? I'm fairly certain it doesn't in the legal sense, but maybe one is more likely to cut a deal than the other? I think it's very likely that it was Rivera. The witness that met them at the hotel in June noted that Rivera had a handgun with him. Also, Rivera was the last link of the chain so to speak .... family/CA to KM to SG then to Rivera. Like they brought him in last, as someone capable of doing the deed. And looking at their respective backgrounds -- Rivera is in Latin Kings gang but Garcia didn't have much violent crime. An armed robbery where he hardly served any time (and co-defendant got 8 years).

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-dan-markel-case-has-long-rap-sheet/84997670/ (Garcia rap sheet article)

I think LR's lawyer and I have a different definition for "decent guy."

Perhaps he's lesser of a than the bigger scumbags this attorney is used to dealing with. He only does drugs and gets in some fights. He's practically a boy scout!!

I have a feeling this case is about to bust wide open. It will give new meaning to the word 'scandal' before all is said & done. Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be #YUGE.

More info on the Adelson family: http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/more...ion-plus-a-closer-look-at-the-adelson-family/

"What else do we know about the Adelsons? Sources report that the Adelson parents weren’t fans of Dan Markel, their former son-in-law, but that they “worship” Wendi Adelson. There’s a “shrine-like” area of the Adelsons’ house — not quite a room, more like a hallway — that’s “dedicated almost entirely to pictures of Wendi since she was a kid,” one tipster told us.

“Wendi gloated about the [shrine area] as if it was a special thing,” said this source, who has visited the Adelsons at home. “But it was much more eerie than special. [While we were with the family], the focus on Wendi as special was palpable.”"

This, to me, explains how the brother could have arranged the killing at the mother's prodding. I have seen/read of quite a few criminal cases where the sibling that feels ignored, 'less than', in the shadow of, or just never seeming to measure up to the worshiped sibling (despite often being a success themselves), stupidly does something that ruins his/her life in a childish, misguided, almost subconscious attempt to gain the favor/love of the parent they have so obviously been missing. He is the one who stayed in FL (the other brother is in NY and is never mentioned anywhere), followed in his father's footsteps and even works in his practice. Another example, in this particular set of circumstances,that may indicate seeking that approval that so obviously went to his sister.

Yes, the judge allowed that to happen knowing full well if he got too much heat, the request from the State Attorney could be revealed at a later date. LE wants the other suspects to believe they did not want it to happen so they might meet to discuss/argue about it, perhaps others with knowledge will come forward, or they will flee.

I don't believe for a second that LE isn't fully prepared for someone to try to flee.

LE have all the evidence they're going to get through traditional methods... now they're shaking the bee hive to see what happens.

Thanks. I am just trying to catch up with the developing story. Would you mind reposting your links to this information? It does make sense that it is a way to stir up the waters and I wonder if it did the job. I read last page first and go backwards, so I may come across the linked information, myself.

But it is late....

I seem to remember this same discussion in the Seivers case... would Mark's BFF have killed TS as a favor to him, without his knowledge or approval. Of course we know how that one turned out.

No way on earth she didn’t know and approve, imo.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. The difference in this case is the family is seemingly well-connected compared to MS. Very well connected.

It will be interesting if the courts decide to overlook CA's connection as if it is irrelevant to the murder and come up with a motive for Garcia and Rivera.

I know there is more to come out about her mother and friction (future litigation) with Dan, however I can't shake the feeling that Wendi would hold the power in that family.
Yes, whatever Wendi wants she gets, but she also had to have learned this behavior from somewhere. I have doubt her mother is the mastermind behind the murder for hire plot.

Thanks. I am just trying to catch up with the developing story. Would you mind reposting your links to this information? It does make sense that it is a way to stir up the waters and I wonder if it did the job. I read last page first and go backwards, so I may come across the linked information, myself.

But it is late....

Hope I didn't lead you astray. This is all just my opinion.

I live just south of Tallahassee and this case has intrigued me from the very first news reports.

Not sure if it has already been posted, but here is an interesting interactive graphic published on Thursday by our local Tally newspaper. Any way you manipulate the suspects (and potential suspects) in this case using the graphic, it seem like all connections point to one person...WA.

Here's the link: http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-connect-markel-family-murder-plot/85286088/

Sometimes free access can be a bit tricky on the site. You can go to Tallahassee Democrat's Facebook page and link to the article there, or the Google link should provide complimentary access.

If you are the "princess", (and groomed by the maternal side to be the princess your whole life), you have no ability to assimilate or reconcile anything less than the "Cinderella fairytale". It's quite pathological, really. Very blatant; shrine & all.

All moo & totally speculative.

Thank you for this link. I found the included portion of the public wedding announcement interesting:

"The bride, 26, is keeping her name. She is a third-year law student at the University of Miami. She graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude from Brandeis University and received a master’s degree in international relations from Cambridge, where she was a Gates scholar."

I don't know why I find it a bit humorous WA included the fact she was keeping her name in the wedding announcement! Why is it even a thing? Many women do not take their husband's name, especially (more often, IMO) when the bride has an established career and her name is also a professional brand. Her interest in immigration law is admirable but she had not even begun her career when she married DM. WA was a 26 year old 3rd year law student.
She kept her name because her family is her "brand".... even if the family connection to DM's murder is just a very odd "coincidence".
ETA- Clearly, MOO.

I was thinking the same thing. The difference in this case is the family is seemingly well-connected compared to MS. Very well connected.

It will be interesting if the courts decide to overlook CA's connection as if it is irrelevant to the murder and come up with a motive for Garcia and Rivera.
I don't see how they can overlook CA. He is the connecting piece throughout. However, he could say that he jokingly suggested a "hit" to his girlfriend KM and that she, unbeknownst to him, arranged the hit with her ex, Garcia, to gain favor w/ CA's family who IMO never would have acknowledged or accepted CA's relationship with KM.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Has anyone looked at the Facebook page Justice for Dan? I noticed as recently as May 26 WA had posted some replies in the comments. I am wondering if the page was set up to deflect attention from WA and her family as possible suspects? Several posts indicate that is unlikely, a lot of posts try to push the rabbi/get case theory, and the page stopped posting case updates once the probable cause affidavit was unsealed and connected things to WA's family.

Thank you for this link. I found the included portion of the public wedding announcement interesting:

"The bride, 26, is keeping her name. She is a third-year law student at the University of Miami. She graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude from Brandeis University and received a master’s degree in international relations from Cambridge, where she was a Gates scholar."

I don't know why I find it a bit humorous WA included the fact she was keeping her name in the wedding announcement! Why is it even a thing? Many women do not take their husband's name, especially (more often, IMO) when the bride has an established career and her name is also a professional brand. Her interest in immigration law is admirable but she had not even begun her career when she married DM. WA was a 26 year old 3rd year law student.
She kept her name because her family is her "brand".... even if the family connection to DM's murder is just a very odd "coincidence".
ETA- Clearly, MOO.

Totally agree about the oddity of wording the **wedding announcement** that way. Tacky.
And boy did she rack up some pricey, private, Ivey-ish scholastic tuition costs! Oh wait, I'm sure they were all paid for in advance. Yep.

Moo

Misterb, I noticed that too! I was taken aback that the rogue rabbi case was so often referenced. Everyone knew, literally everyone, that it was a red herring. I bet the FB page was created by 'Team WA' enthusiasts. I know his friends & family would never drive a narrative. They have maintained complete silence. I so admire that, I'm just not capable of keeping my mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74