GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they in a rush for a speedy trial in order for SG to get out of isolation, or will a speedy trial help assure that no one other than L Rivera, will be implicated or arrested for the murder?
Wonder if they might suggest that DM was targeted for knowing too much, or at least something, about the LK's gang activities?
Surprised that the A's do not seem to be fearful of the gang " silencing " them, but then, apparently they are silent, since they are not talking to LE.
imo, speculation.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Mar...tml?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_wctv
Sigfredo+Garcia4.jpg

July 18, 2016

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- One of the men accused of murdering Florida State law professor Dan Markel is set to go to trial later this year.

At a hearing Monday, attorneys for Sigfredo Garcia demanded a speedy trial, and it has been set to begin November 14. The latest development comes on the two year anniversary of Markel's death.

Just because it's set for trial in November right now doesn't mean it'll go. I believe a lot will go down between now and November. I predict several defense continuances. My hope is that it never goes to trial and that he pleads to life in exchange for naming his co-conspirators.

i have a technical question.
garcia filed for discovery like 2 wks ago. could all of this Garcia trial stuff move up the arrests of others?

Not sure if this has been posted yet
attachment.php

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...o-garcia-probable-cause-attachement/86338616/

Attachments

• link.jpg
    link.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 390
FYI: I'm prepping a new thread, so this one will be closing in about 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog