FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by 0101ABA, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

Snipped for focus

Not with the death penalty on the table.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

Exactly, or even just life in prison. They'll be offered a deal in exchange for testimony about who ordered the hit. Plus there are two of them, each afraid the other will finger them as the actual shooter, and one of them in jail on other charges. Being part of a gang, there may be a risk of retaliation for them and their families. It will take time for one of them to accept that talking is the best option. LE will play this very carefully to get what they need.

3. jdrive

jdrive New Member

His gig in NY that year was not as a visiting professor. He did not have teaching obligations. As a scholar in residence, he had a place to work on his research and was treated as part of the school's academic community, but was only in town a few times that year.

4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws jdrive!
    Wondering what Daniel may have been researching at that time?

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

The correct name for the event honouring Daniel Markel yesterday, which i mistakenly referred to as a " remembrance", is actually called a Yahrzeit.

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/yahrzeit-remembering-on-the-anniversary-of-a-death/

https://ostns.org/Calendar/Detail/515/2016-07-23.php

6. tallyeng

tallyeng New Member

For those wondering: CA's facebook is back.

7. reallybusy

reallybusy random person

new article, new info

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ines-evidence-witnesses-markel-case/87527408/

The State Attorney's Office has compiled an exhaustive list of possible witnesses and nearly 100 pieces of evidence in its cases against the two men accused of killing Florida State University law professor Dan Markel.
    Most of the 175 possible witnesses are TPD officers and residents of the Betton Hills neighborhood, particularly people living on Randolph Circle and Trescott Drive. The list includes Markel's ex-wife Wendi Adelson, her brother Charlie and parents Harvey and Donna. Others include a self-proclaimed anti-Semite and convicted killer, a woman Markel was romantically linked to and an FSU professor who was dating Wendi Adelson.

8. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

9. 0101ABA

0101ABA Former Member

Wow!! I honestly can't wait to read the new docs referenced in this article.

What a bizarre mix of potential witnesses (some of who I can't even imagine how they may be connected). Sounds like this case is going to get even more interesting than I had thought. I still believe it's a murder for hire though (& it's definitely not looking good for a certain FL family).

10. 86Violet

86Violet Member

Exciting new article! They have bank records/e-mails/surveillance on the A's. There were two recorded meetings by an undercover witness with DA in April before Garcia's arrest. They identify the significant others of both WA and Dan. This gives me hope that they are building a strong case against the A's. I can't wait until the jury reconvenes.

11. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link,
    Holy crow! And by crow, i mean a murder of crows!

12. nancydrew71

nancydrew71 Former Member

That's a surprise. I would think he would want to lay low.

13. nancydrew71

nancydrew71 Former Member

I didn't know Wendi had a boyfriend. A horrible thought, I hope the A's didn't spread their hate for Dan to him or anyone else to do this horrible crime. It just seems the A's are too relaxed about this. JMO

14. 86Violet

86Violet Member

Given that they interviewed him twice, it sounds like he was cooperative and not involved. Hopefully he had useful information.

15. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, the b.f. is not dissimilar in appearance from D.M. imo.

16. tallyeng

tallyeng New Member

Why the heck is the Democrat bogarting the new spicy docs? What is to gain?! Share, you fools!!

17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

The present situation gives this article deeper meaning, imo.
    Luckily, for g.m. she is regarded as a " co-parent ".
    rbbm.
    http://freakonomics.com/2009/07/15/sentencing-discounts-for-parents-a-guest-post/

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/the-murder-of-dan-markel-wendi-adelson-speaks-part-3/

18. miamiheat

miamiheat New Member

It will be interesting to see those documents. Sounds like they have a lot of evidence pertaining to the A's and maybe KM. So why no further arrests yet? And why release these documents now in advance of the grand jury reconvening in August?

I wonder what kind of activity the surveillance footage of the A's captured. And what the undercover officers discussed with DA.

19. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Could they be laying this out so defense attorneys can get a look, therefore knowing that the State Attorney has a great case?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

20. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Oops. Sent that too early.

And before this gets too far down the road, defense attys will urge their clients to deal to avoid further damage to the A's reputation and avoid the DP?!.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.