GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the woman attorney she has Tara Kawass better then the male attorney (I think he's called Chrstopher DeCoste).

I know Georgia Cappleman has a hard job because this is a massive case with tons of somewhat tedious records that need to be formally entered into evidence. But I find her drone and sardonic quality kind of annoying and I remember thinking that years ago when I saw the 20/20 special. I feel for this jury they are going to be listening to a long long case.

Yes, I meant the female. :)

Screenshot of her interview the day of his murder when they picked her up when she was going to/at a semi-formal French restaurant. She was wearing the owl black T-shirt and gray cotton gym shorts? But, I guess she was picked up at the restaurant so I guess that's what she wore. Perhaps I have the restaurant incorrect that I listed above as Mozaik.

Source 20/20
I am speculating here but if she was home cleaning her apt and waiting on the repairmen, she probably didn't have time to change before she drove down to DM's house to check things out. I'm sure she thought that she and or her car would be identified since police were at the scene and she may have been sighted. Therefore, her excuse for being in the neighborhood was to pick up the whiskey around the block. By this time, returning to her apt to change would have made her late to lunch. JMO

I wonder, too. Good for him. I'd stay away, too! I have not listened to that podcast. I should.
Here's what I remember from way back the posters talking about this. The older brother was in love and wanted to marry this Indian woman and Donna was against it and said he should marry a nice Jewish woman and that he did. It only last a few months, he got divorced and went back to the Indian woman he loved and married her. I'm pretty sure this is how it went, but, I could be 100% wrong.

I believe WA/CA/DA will be charged one way or the other in the future. The three of them in my opinion are equally involved with this murder. The State is waiting for KM to flip, but I think she is stuck between a rock and a hard place with SG facing the death penalty. Once they get convicted and have their Lawyers running around looking for deals you will start seeing things moving swiftly for Lady Justice.

I will say, it was shocking ( good way!) to hear during testimony that the only connection they have with Garcia is her father and the connection of one phone call made between the two as an attempt.

Last edited:
I am speculating here but if she was home cleaning her apt and waiting on the repairmen, she probably didn't have time to change before she drove down to DM's house to check things out. I'm sure she thought that she and or her car would be identified since police were at the scene and she may have been sighted. Therefore, her excuse for being in the neighborhood was to pick up the whiskey around the block. By this time, returning to her apt to change would have made her late to lunch. JMO
Who was supposed to pick the children up at the daycare center that day? IMO. I believe the neighbor who called 911 through a monkey wrench into her plans, along with the person he was having a conversation with at the time of his murder. It set the exact time of his demise on record. Otherwise DM may have been in the garage along time before somebody concerned about his whereabouts alerted law enforcement. Even longer if WA was picking up the children later on. They probably have her car on video in the neighborhood too. Just like the Prius was recorded. That's one intelligent law enforcement agency they have in Tallahassee. The State doesn't have to show her anything until they charge her.

Last edited:
I will say, it was shocking to hear during testimony that the only connection they have with Garcia is her father and the connection of one phone call made between the two as an attempt.
I didn't find it shocking. It fits the State's idea that Magbanua was supposed to be the conduit. If the State's theory is correct, the hiring party would not want to have direct communication with the hitman. I was surprised that there was even one (attempted) direct call. JMO.

Nope, not at all. Moo

Refer to Law and Crime source video of testimony for time of such below...

The TV repairman left more than two hours earlier than she left her house. It was put into testimony the following.

12.27 pm she was documented at home

....then 12.29 pm travelling on centerville road

...Then She stopped and made purchase of BULLIET booze for " stock the bar party".. 12.49 pm purchased liquor per receipt which is in evidence.

Then to mozaik restaurant.

She had two hours after TV guy left to ready for the luncheon date Moo

Oh, and keep in mind the liquor store was not around the block or anywhere near her. I'm going to repost a map that was done a few times by one of our members. It starts out at her house, goes down to his house and the liquor store, then goes back up to the interstate by the interstate (from which she came and bypassed) to where she had lunch.

Attachments

• 20190928_154737.jpg
    20190928_154737.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I will say, it was shocking to hear during testimony that the only connection they have with Garcia is her father and the connection of one phone call made between the two as an attempt.[/Q
deleted
I will say, it was shocking to hear during testimony that the only connection they have with Garcia is her father and the connection of one phone call made between the two as an attempt
I didn't find it shocking. It fits the State's idea that Magbanua was supposed to be the conduit. If the State's theory is correct, the hiring party would not want to have direct communication with the hitman. I was surprised that there was even one (attempted) direct call. JMO.
Was this call before or after the payment and who was in possession of the phone(s) at the time of the call? It's very possible that KM was calling DA using their significant others phones. The father might not know what is going on at all.

Last edited:
Was this call before or after the payment?
Before. I think the call was July 1. The homicide was July 18. All we know is that the call was from Garcia's phone. No testimony yet indicating that anyone other than Garcia was in possession of the phone then.

Last edited:
Was this call before or after the payment and who was in possession of the phone(s) at the time of the call? It's very possible that KM was calling DA using their significant others phones. The father might not know what is going on at all.
I'm pretty sure the call was to Harvey Adelson, not Donna.

When listening to Rivera’s interview, didn’t he describe the call SG made to KM stating the job was done and LR says Katie already knew it? And he questioned how that was possible? Am I mis-remembering? And how would Katie have already known? Who called who and what times? All those call records in evidence, but I don’t recall any details coming out yet. Show a chart, Ms Cappleman and Ms Norris! Who called who after 11:00 am?

Who was supposed to pick the children up at the daycare center that day? IMO. I believe the neighbor who called 911 through a monkey wrench into her plans, along with the person he was having a conversation with at the time of his murder. It set the exact time of his demise on record. Otherwise DM may have been in the garage along time before somebody concerned about his whereabouts alerted law enforcement. Even longer if WA was picking up the children later on. They probably have her car on video in the neighborhood too. Just like the Prius was recorded. That's one intelligent law enforcement agency they have in Tallahassee. The State doesn't have to show her anything until they charge her.

You have just hit on something that I had not thought up before.

Their summer schedule would be that each week they exchanged the children on Wednesdays.

But supposedly, he was leaving to go to his girlfriend's in New York on Friday pm/eve, the day of his murder. So I guess that Friday which was his week was going to be adjusted do to him flying out of town. Logically, she would have the children if he was going out of town to visit his girlfriend as I never heard that the children were going to go with him, and I doubt that was going to happen.

Great insight as to thinking about that as she probably was going to pick up the children that night and therefore he could possibly not have been discovered for much longer as she would have been picking up the children.

Great catch!

That's why Rivera said it had to have been done that day?

I guess those owls weren't so wise?

I guess I wasn't clear. It was shocking that a mistake was made by Katie/ Garcia, and law enforcement then has a connection with Garcia and her father which does not make sense at all in any of the stories that they are trying to put forward. M o o

She never contacted Charlie's father, so why would Garcia ever need to contact Charlie's father.

That was my point and I was not clear.

It shows a definite connection which does not make sense unless there was a conspiracy of folks.

How did Garcia get Wendi's dads number? Or heck, was it Katie who was using Garcia's phone to call that number which even she had never called before that they have documented.

When listening to Rivera’s interview, didn’t he describe the call SG made to KM stating the job was done and LR says Katie already knew it? And he questioned how that was possible? Am I mis-remembering? And how would Katie have already known? Who called who and what times? All those call records in evidence, but I don’t recall any details coming out yet. Show a chart, Ms Cappleman and Ms Norris! Who called who after 11:00 am?
I was thinking along the same lines...There is an immunity deal here and the State would not be able to use it when and if they bring her to trial. It looks like the State is charging them one at a time in reverse order. (two in this particular trial) Evidently they prefer an accomplice pointing the finger from the witness stand before proceeding forward before an indictment. One more thing. What time was the first contact made between Law Enforcement and WA?

Last edited:
I guess I wasn't clear. It was shocking that a mistake was made by Katie/ Garcia, and law enforcement then has a connection with Garcia and her father which does not make sense at all in any of the stories that they are trying to put forward. M o o

She never contacted Charlie's father, so why would Garcia ever need to contact Charlie's father.

That was my point and I was not clear.

It shows a definite connection which does not make sense unless there was a conspiracy of folks.

How did Garcia get Wendi's dads number? Or heck, was it Katie who was using Garcia's phone to call that number which even she had never called before that they have documented.
On cross Garcia's attorney asked the witness if after-hour calls to the dental practice are forwarded directly to Harvey's cell and, if that was the case, whether the phone records would reflect the call being to Harvey's number rather than the practice. The witness said he did not know the answer to either question. So seems Garcia is claiming it was a call to the dental practice that got automatically forwarded to Harvey's cell?? JMO.

It was noted in the arrest affidavits I think when phones were powered on and power it off by SG and LR, In addition to other places.

It was easy to put together that after the murder they left Tallahassee and then powered their phones back on. Iirc 1st contact by SG was to KM. It was almost around that time that Wendi left her house.

I had notes on it but I cannot find it right now and perhaps somebody else has such or will do such in the near future.

ETA the arrest warrant says that Garcia's phone was powered up at 12:29 p.m. and its first call was to Katie
2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf - Google Drive
2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf
Since his phone had been disposed of, and we know from previous trials that texts aren't kept, he possibly had other Communications when he turned it on that as a result, at 12:29 when he turned it on and saw the text he called Katie?

Perhaps there is still another phone that has not been found or more than one because this is wendi's time-line

"12.27 pm she was documented at home

....then 12.29 pm travelling on centerville road

...Then She stopped and made purchase of BULLIET booze for " stock the bar party".. 12.49 pm purchased liquor per receipt which is in evidence."

Interesting how the timelines meet as to how he turned on his phone to check his text messages which we cannot read, and he immediately called Katie, right when Wendy was driving by the crime scene.

Last edited:
The prosecutor specifically asked WA on direct if she was in South Florida on July 1, 2014. My guess is that the significance of that date was it was the phone call from SG phone to HA cell phone. WA said something like she was in South Florida around then for her dad's birthday party but not sure of exact dates.
Not sure what prosecutor was trying to get at there but she did ask it specifically.

SG attorney, when questioning Inv Isom, was trying to suggest that call on July 1st which was between 5 and 530 pm on a weekday could have been a call made to the Adelson dental office that automatically rolled over to HA cell phone.
My guess was: suggesting SG was calling KM at her supposed workplace number ---and it's just a fluke it rolled over to the cell. The call was very short and Inv Isom said he thought that that could mean it went to voicemail. No data on if a voicemail left and Isom couldn't say about the 'rolling over from the dental office' possibility.

Of course it appears the plot was afoot by July 1st if the hitmen already made the first trip to Tallahassee in June. Not sure if the dates of that first trip. The picture of WA and KM at South Beach was mid-June?

I was thinking along the same lines...But remember there was an immunity deal here and the State doesn't have to show her anything until an indictment is made on her. The State is convicting them one at a time in reverse order. (two in this particular trial) Evidently they prefer an accomplice pointing the finger from the witness stand before proceeding forward before an indictment. One more thing. What time was the first contact made between Law Enforcement and WA?
But I think all the cell records (for the 4 Adelsons) have been turned over to Garcia's and Magbanua's attorneys. And I think a lot of the Adelson's calls are probably documented in the released probable cause affidavits for Magbanua and Garcia. Also, remember that although Charlie has not been arrested (apparently the DA's decision), a probable cause affidavit for him was released. I don't have time to go through it know. But I think any relevant Adelson calls the day of the homicide are probably in it. The Dan Markel Case: The Probable Cause Affidavit For Charlie Adelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆