GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, prosecution has some interesting info

I think it's obvious that the prosecution has quite a bit of information that they did not share during this trial. 1 maybe phone events, they may not have a substance of such, but if they can say that both phones had a phone event at the same exact time, that could be considered those two phones may possibly have been in communication?

They are definitely bringing a lot of things in that we have never heard before, at least I have never heard before. She is claiming ignorance but to me I'm leaning that the prosecution has such.

I had to giggle when the prosecution was talking to Catherine about the numbers of girlfriends. And they went back and forth and back and forth and eventually she said I was the last ex girlfriend.

I'm sure (sarcasm)that Wendi is screaming at her house watching this going ...oh my gosh that sounds like "latex girlfriend" like I mentioned as "latex spouse"

I said out loud,”How do you know you were the last ex girlfriend?”

From Karl Etters Verified Account

Kawass: "Do you think Charlie Adelson was involved in this?"

Magbanua: "Yes"

Kawass: "And that he was lying to you?"

Kawass: "Are you innocent?"

This is the reason why Katherine Magbanua does NOT turn state witness

She knows what happened

She says Charlie Adelson was involved

How do you know that Charlie Adelson was involved?

She will self-incriminate if she tells the truth

She knows the answer to the question because … she was the middleman!

Katherine Magbanua has a “tell” on the stand and the prosecution should note it

She is surd when asked about things that incriminate her but are proven true

She is forceful when asked about trivialities

At the end of the day, the Tallahassee people will look like “played” but the Tamarac people.

Just my 2 cents.

Wow. This must be why they normally advise defendants not to take the stand. She could have just sat back and hoped that the evidence against her didn't quite meet the "beyond a reasonable" threshold.
She may have felt it does meet the standard and is trying to convince the jury it isn't true by lying through her eye teeth and hopes the jury buys it. IMO. KM knows she can strike a deal anytime she wants to and is attempting to take the scot free route at this stage.

Last edited:
So state is basically arguing that she's holding out because she's been promised a ton of money and she believes she's going to be acquitted. She's going to faint when she hears the guilty verdict. She's going to lose her mind in the courtroom, I'm betting.

What is Kawass doing trying to enter this evidence? Her client has basically admitted that she wasn't doing any work for the Adelsons!! Is she joking?? Let that go. No one believes that she was doing "odd jobs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave