GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.

According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day.
"While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.

By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/22/justice/fsu-professor-killing-mystery/

Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5 - Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*
Thread #6 - Found Deceased - FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*
Thread #7 - Found Deceased - FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not a fan of the jury's question today for FBI agent Sanford.

"Did you look at KM's tax forms, like W2s?"

WTF was that? The prosecution swooped back the finance lady again to ensure the jury gets it. However, if they are not grasping such colossal evidence, that can't bode well for such a complex case. It alarmed me.

I was not a fan of the jury's question today for FBI agent Sanford.

"Did you look at KM's tax forms, like W2s?"

WTF was that? The prosecution swooped back the finance lady again to ensure the jury gets it. However, if they are not grasping such colossal evidence, that can't bode well for such a complex case. It alarmed me.
It’s one individual juror asking the question right? Like they don’t all ask a question together? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I'm catching up.
But, I am amazed by how little income KM has from the medical offices - about $13k for each of 2013 and 2014.
That's poverty level. She has a kid too.
Her apartments on East Treasure Dr (2013) and NE 114th St (2014) rent for about $1600/month.
Not that they're upscale living buildings, but they aren't ghetto either. And, nice water views.
I wonder how she even afforded just the rent before the cash infusions from the A's.
Thoughts?

I'm catching up.
But, I am amazed by how little income KM has from the medical offices - about $13k for each of 2013 and 2014.
Her apartments on East Treasure Dr (2013) and NE 114th St (2014) rent for about $1600/month.
Not that they're upscale living buildings, but they aren't ghetto either. And, nice water views.
I wonder how she even afforded just the rent before the cash infusions from the A's.
Thoughts?

CRIME of some form(s). We know this:

"Samantha told investigators she met Cabello through her sister-in-law Katherine Magbanua."
Embezzlement arrest of Magbanua's in-law being investigated for ties to Dan Markel case

These are great videos. Very clean, easy to grasp. Well done Democrat.

Dan Markel trial: 2 days of Luis Rivera's testimony in 2 minutes

Dan Markel trial: Three divergent theories of the murder

Ex-boyfriend Wendi Adelson said her brother 'looked into' having Dan Markel killed

I'm catching up.
Thoughts?

The defense keeps trying to push the idea that Katie earned most of her income as a Bottle Girl at clubs. Hence, the large cash flow after Dan's murder is because she's some top tier, phenomenal Bottle Girl and people are throwing wads of cash at her to fetch their liquor. Riiiiight. Perhaps she was making some sort of income as a Bottle Girl in 2013/2014 but just not reporting it on her taxes. I don't know. I have a tendency to tune Decoste out because I find him so offensive so maybe I'm missing something here.

Someone set me straight please. I’ve always been curious. Did LE pick up Wendi at the fancy French restaurant in Tallahassee and bring her in for questioning the day of Danny’s murder? If so ...how did they know she was there? Did they call her beforehand? Also, did she really, 100% certain, drive by Danny’s house the day of the murder and see the crime tape?

Wednesday, October 9th:
*Trial Continues (Day 9) (@ 9am ET) - FL – Daniel Eric Markel (41) (July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Sigfredo Garcia (34) arrested & charged (5/25/16) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy & solicitation of murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DP case.
Murder for Hire hit man. They split a $100K payoff for murder.
*Katherine Magbanua (32) (Garcia's wife) arrested (Oct. 2016) & charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy & solicitation of murder were brought together into one case on Tuesday (3/20/18). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
KM has rejected several offers of immunity for her testimony.
Trial started on 9/23/19. Jury: 10 women & 2 men & 1 alternate (woman); was 2 alternates one got sick & excused on 10/3/19.

Court info from 9/23/19 thru 10/7/19 reference post #1161 here:
Found Deceased - FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

10/8/19 Day 8: State witnesses: FBI Special Agent Patrick Sanford, cross exam by Decoste (Magbanua's atty). Couple of questions from the jury for FBI Agent: Charlie Adelson called the undercover agent on 4/28/16. Donna Adelson called on 5/6/16. Garcia called on the same day as Charlie and got a voicemail. Undercover FBI agent who sat next to Magbanua & Charlie Adelson at Dolche Vida in Miami (re secret recording). Jurors watch video. TPD Lead Investigator Craig Isom. Mary Hull (re taxes/money). The State rests their case. Defense attorneys ask for dismissal of charges against their clients. Judge denies both defense attorneys' motion to dismiss charges. Garcia's team will be up first with defense witnesses. Saam Zangeneh, attorney. Defense witnesses: Sgt. Steven Downing with the Florida Highway Patrol (He pulled Luis Rivera over re traffic ticket). John Sawicki, digital forensics expert. Garcia chooses not to testify. His defense attorney has rested the case. Chris DeCoste, Magbanua's attorney calls defense witnesses: Investigator Mike Dilmore. Sgt. Chris Corbitt. SAO investigator Jason Newlin. The jury has been dismissed for the day. Attorneys return at 8:30 for any motions/arguments. Jury at 8:45am. Tomorrow 10/9 for a 9am start.
Accomplice:
*Luis Rivera (33) charged with 1st degree murder. Took a plea deal (Oct. 2016) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder. Will testify against Garcia & Magbanua. Will receive 19-year sentence to run concurrently with his 12 year Federal time, which he is already serving.

POIs: Wendi Adelson (ex-wife of Markel), her bro Charlie, mom Donna Sue Adelson (68) & father Harvey Adelson. Investigators have not charged anyone in the Adelson family in connection with Markel’s death, but say Adelson’s mother and brother – Donna and Charlie Adelson – paid $100,000 to have Markel killed following the couple’s contentious divorce so their two young sons could move to South Florida.

It was an afternoon get together at a restaurant (Mozaik). The kids were at pre-school. She could have picked them up at 5 or 6 pm, after leaving the restaurant. She said in her testimony she would generally pick them up btwn 3 and 6pm, depending on her schedule.

I have never heard that the stock the bar party was at the restaurant. Perhaps that is a Misassumption ?

If true, She was already at the restaurant..... and the Bulliet bottle was still in the original bag with the receipt in her car when they picked her up. I still consider the stock the bar party was later, not lunch.

I thought she said she picked them up at 6 sometimes so I think she would have still been able to...

As to pickup, We saw in the video that she was still in custody at 8 p.m. on a timestamp.

This morning I'm thinking of all of the innocent children affected by this horrible act. The Adelsons have affected the lives of so many kids by what they've done. It's so sad :(. The MARKEL boys, the Garcia/Magbanua kids, the Rivera kids....all collateral damage for what they psychotically thought they deserved.

I have never heard that the stock the bar party was at the restaurant. Perhaps that is a Misassumption ?

If true, She was already at the restaurant..... and the Bulliet bottle was still in the original bag with the receipt in her car when they picked her up. I still consider the stock the bar party was later, not lunch.

As to pickup, We saw in the video that she was still in custody at 8 p.m. on a timestamp.
Yes, seems stock the bar party was going to be at some other time and she just bought the alcohol for that and then went to the lunch. I'm not sure what day the stock the bar gathering was supposed to be. As for the pick-up, yes, the murder altered the usual pick-up I would imagine. They told her in the LE interview that LE was with her kids. My point was that on a normal day (no murder) she could have left Mozaik (lunch) and picked up her kids by 6pm. JMO.

Last edited:
Yes, seems stock the bar party was going to be at some other time and she just bought the alcohol for that and then went to the lunch. I'm not sure what day the stock the bar gathering was supposed to be. As for the pick-up, yes, the murder altered the usual pick-up I would imagine. They told her in the LE interview that LE was with her kids. My point was that on a normal day (no murder) she could have left the Mozaik lunch and picked up her kids by 6pm. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not understanding why this matters. The only part that seems to matter is the trip to the liquor store in the direction that Dan lived and going near Trescott before the lunch. JMO.

It doesn't really matter for this case. I just think she was lying about the party, or at least lying about that's why she bought that particular liquor on that particular day. I mean just hours after your exH is shot dead you buy liquor called "bulliet?" Really!? There are no coincidences.

It's literally pronounced "bullet."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members