GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering throughout this entire trial with all the objections and sidebars, it seemed that KM's attorneys were more protective about the A's than about her. She should have just cut her losses and plea bargained with state. Big mistake for her. Why gamble with your life when you have kids?
She doesn’t seem to care all that much about her kids. She was living a wreckless lifestyle, using money for *advertiser censored*, teeth whitening, limos, organizing a hit ...etc... instead of getting them healthcare insurance.

Re: the fact that KM and SG went and got burner phones right after LE tried to interview them both is also damning. In fact they went the next day to get the phones. On the stand, KM put it on SG. That he wanted them both to get burner phones since LE came to talk to him. She made a big fuss about still using her old phone. But she conceded that she used the burner phone to communicate with Garcia only. I mean.... if this isn’t evidence of a conspiracy I don’t know what is.

She refused to talk to LE when they came knocking and then goes WITH SG the next day to get burner phones. Come on!

Another thing that was clarified on KM’s cross was the fact that she told SG that WA was ordering the hit. She hid from him that she was still in communication and sleeping with CA. So Rivera saying ‘lady with the kids’ ordered the hit makes sense. That’s what Garcia told him. Of course Garcia wouldn’t be thrilled about doing this for CA just like his defense is arguing. But he would do it for $40k if KM told him it was the lady with the kids. Because he’s broke and living off shrimp. Then when SG finds out about CA’s involvement he blows a gasket. Maybe you all had picked up on this but it just hit me.

Re: the fact that KM and SG went and got burner phones right after LE tried to interview them both is also damning. In fact they went the next day to get the phones. On the stand, KM put it on SG. That he wanted them both to get burner phones since LE came to talk to him. She made a big fuss about still using her old phone. But she conceded that she used the burner phone to communicate with Garcia only. I mean.... if this isn’t evidence of a conspiracy I don’t know what is.

She refused to talk to LE when they came knocking and then goes WITH SG the next day to get burner phones. Come on!

Another thing that was clarified on KM’s cross was the fact that she told SG that WA was ordering the hit. She hid from him that she was still in communication and sleeping with CA. So Rivera saying ‘lady with the kids’ ordered the hit makes sense. That’s what Garcia told him. Of course Garcia wouldn’t be thrilled about doing this for CA just like his defense is arguing. But he would do it for $40k if KM told him it was the lady with the kids. Then when SG finds out about CA’s involvement he blows a gasket. Maybe you all had picked up on this but it just hit me.
Oh... you could be onto something! It didn’t occur to me ...but yes...this could very well be so.

I don't know if it was previously mentioned, but I heard GC mention something about KM showing her chest and saying "courtesy of the professor". Is this something that is true or is this something attorneys will say to get the witness to admit something? I was curious where this information came from.
Does he mean the hit money she got for helping kill Dan paid for her chest, thus courtesy of the professor.

I was wondering throughout this entire trial with all the objections and sidebars, it seemed that KM's attorneys were more protective about the A's than about her. She should have just cut her losses and plea bargained with state. Big mistake for her. Why gamble with your life when you have kids?
So does that make you think her attorneys are being paid by CA? Also, I think KM hangs in there because she thinks she's going to get a load of money from CA.

Once she’s convicted CA will dump her like a hot potato. He would have zero incentive to keep up with her and he doesn’t strike me as the type to do anything that doesn’t benefit him. I can’t imagine he’s been calling or writing her in jail the last 3 years either.

And I agree that now that KM has lied under oath and said she wasn’t involved state can’t use her to get CA. Unless she has smoking gun evidence of his involvement. But like I said before, it’s highly unlikely imo that she would try to deal if she gets convicted.

Another thing that was clarified on KM’s cross was the fact that she told SG that WA was ordering the hit. She hid from him that she was still in communication and sleeping with CA. So Rivera saying ‘lady with the kids’ ordered the hit makes sense. That’s what Garcia told him. Of course Garcia wouldn’t be thrilled about doing this for CA just like his defense is arguing. But he would do it for $40k if KM told him it was the lady with the kids. Because he’s broke and living off shrimp. Then when SG finds out about CA’s involvement he blows a gasket. Maybe you all had picked up on this but it just hit me.
RSBM & BBM. I think I understand your main point, but not the bolded part-- how was it clarified on KM's cross that she told SG that WA was ordering the hit? And when did SG allegedly find out about CA's involvement -- was that when the bump happened? TIA.

This is really nerve wracking to wait for the conviction, I can't even begin to image how Dan's family feels sitting there in court. Will there be justice??? I want to say thank you to all of you. I only joined Websleuths because I knew Dan and I wanted a community that follows the case. Your presence here has been keeping me sane in the midst of this crazy trial. So sad and tragic that Dan is not here to offer his commentary as a criminal justice professor. Thank you to everyone here - it is really something to have a community who cares about the trial!
Naw, I’m with you. No one can predict a verdict with certainty. I really despise people like KM and the Adelsons. The Adelsons have a sense of entitlement that goes beyond. And KM? She’s an opportunist and her little innocent act on the stand did her no favors. I think the jury will see through her bs - I hope anyway. I will also feel very very sad and disappointed if the jury comes back not guilty. I have watched this case from day one - wanting justice for Dan and his family so very badly. I don’t know them, but really feel for them and strongly want justuce.

RSBM & BBM. I think I understand your main point, but not the bolded part-- how was it clarified on KM's cross that she told SG that WA was ordering the hit? And when did SG allegedly find out about CA's involvement -- was that when the bump happened? TIA.

GC confirmed with KM that she was lying to both men. That she was sleeping with both and neither men knew that.

GC also confirmed that SG got upset when he found out that CA was involved. He sent that text saying something like this is between you and your homie leave me out of it. And KM confirmed he was upset when he found out CA was the one asking about this random person trying to extort his family.

Also, recall on the wiretap, KM is very cagey with SG. He is confused about what’s happening. Because he’s missing a piece of the puzzle: CA’s involvement in the whole thing.

GC also tries to get KM to admit that SG was broke around the time of the murder and living off shrimp.

All this leads me to believe GC is going to argue: KM was playing both men. She lied to SG to get him to do the deed bc she knew he was broke. No way would SG help CA so KM had to lie and tell him that it was WA, hence Rivera’s ‘lady with the kids.’ KM lies a lot and sees ppl as a means to an end and manipulated them.

This is really nerve wracking to wait for the conviction, I can't even begin to image how Dan's family feels sitting there in court. Will there be justice??? I want to say thank you to all of you. I only joined Websleuths because I knew Dan and I wanted a community that follows the case. Your presence here has been keeping me sane in the midst of this crazy trial. So sad and tragic that Dan is not here to offer his commentary as a criminal justice professor. Thank you to everyone here - it is really something to have a community who cares about the trial!
You have been a wonderful contributor here, Daniel was obviously beloved by many, wish he was here chiming in too!

I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend. I can’t fathom losing a friend in that way! Dan sounded like a character and very passionate about the law! I bet it was a privilege to know him. ❤️

GC confirmed with KM that she was lying to both men. That she was sleeping with both and neither men knew that.

GC also confirmed that SG got upset when he found out that CA was involved. He sent that text saying something like this is between you and your homie leave me out of it. And KM confirmed he was upset when he found out CA was the one asking about this random person trying to extort his family.

Also, recall on the wiretap, KM is very cagey with SG. He is confused about what’s happening. Because he’s missing a piece of the puzzle: CA’s involvement in the whole thing.

GC also tries to get KM to admit that SG was broke around the time of the murder and living off shrimp.

All this leads me to believe GC is going to argue: KM was playing both men. She lied to SG to get him to do the deed bc she knew he was broke. No way would SG help CA so KM had to lie and tell him that it was WA, hence Rivera’s ‘lady with the kids.’ KM lies a lot and sees ppl as a means to an end and manipulated them.

Weki,

I think you have hit the nail on the head! KM knew exactly how to make this whole thing work. I totally agree with your scenario.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend, it was senseless. I’m glad you joined us here and look forward to hearing your additional comments.

God Bless the Markel family and hopefully justice is on the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine