GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this online, some of you might hate it. :)
Notes on the Trial[/QUO
"

Well they reference Ws and offer a different prospective to events, thanks for the link.

"FWIW, one of the better analyses of the whole trial is from Mentour Lawyer (here). Obviously there's also a large Websleuth's thread. And you can watch the entire trial on Tallahassee Democrat's Youtube Channel.

Ok, here are some points: I thought the State's focus on Wendi was a huge misstep, and led to a lot of weird dead end arguments during the trial.

I don’t think he was remorseful either. Dan Markel didn’t mean anything to him, and still doesn’t. The likable parts of him where there (if you didn’t know he was a gangster and killer). For instance, he had a cool and laid back appeal and was intriguing to listen to even though he’s an uneducated man. He answered questions and was forthcoming without dodging the questions too much. He was polite to GC and even the defense attorneys even though he got a little feisty with them with all the LK questions. We liked that about him - he gave it back to them when they tried to deflect. He admitted some of his guilt in the crime, etc. And you might appreciate the fact that he went directly to his sister and ex wife and gave them the money he made off the murder to pay some of their bills, taking care of his family instead of keeping all the money for himself.

Still though. He’s not like you or me. He was born into a life of crime and that’s all he has known. Yes, it’s sad, and it’s a shame that he didn’t decide from a young age that he wanted something different and better for himself .
good post Gypsy and as I read it I had just finished the " Notes on a Trial from a person out of Miami who remarks on how altruistic Wendi is and how she only cares about the poor and how she used her law degree to help said poor and not to chase money. Well, that's all fine and good when you are born into money as I see Wendi was, it's easy to think the way she does because she never had to struggle to put food on the table for 4, 5 or 8 other people and she didn't have to worry about drive-bys in the night peppering your home with bullets. It's just a drastic difference in class.

I need a refresher of what time that call was. If there was time for Wendi to WhatsApp Katie after stopping at the crime scene before Garcia called Katie, it's totally believable. Katie was specifically asked on the stand if Wendi WhatsApped her about the murder after it was done, and Katie said no. (I don't believe that.)

I like him, too. He's chill. That makes him likable. He was not sarcastic, never full of himself, and rarely showed a hint of anger. The only thing that riled him up at all was when talk of the LK came up, and a lot of that was due to his personal safety. I'm a privileged white girl from the suburbs, but I still liked him and could imagine grabbing a beer. It is a bit weird, I agree!

All this talk is reminding me of Jeremy Ray Meeks, the convict whose mugshot went viral and he became a model after he got out.

My thoughts exactly. Tova has expressed these very same qualities about Wendi in the past - and she’s one of only a few friends of Wendi we’ve heard from actually - that I know of anyway.
It didn’t work Tova. And she was interrogated for 5 hours per the time stamps, as pointed out by another WS, not 8.

does anyone have the link to a podcast called " Over My Dead Body about the case"? When I google it a hundred different podcasts come up but not the one I am looking for, thanks for the help!

Rivera was in complete control on that stand. He wasn’t jumpy or nervous like Nobles. He was very still. He handled himself really well. The defense attys were so bad that they made him look good. He didn’t try to be something he’s not. We also have to remember that he’s been repeating these answers over and over. He knows exactly what’s expected and what will be asked.

He was compelling and likable. Idk how to explain it but I’m ashamed for liking him too!

I know what you’re talking about, when you say there was something likable about LR. I believe he, along with all the other players are sociopaths. It’s how they suck people in, they are full of charm and seem like good people. I imagine when CA (hopefully) takes the stand, we will say the same thing. Gee he sounds
Rivera was not remorseful imo. He didn’t even remember the victim’s name. He doesn’t care. He did it for the money. He only cooperated to save his behind. He wasn’t about to do life when he didn’t even pull the trigger. This is who he is and I don’t feel like he pretended otherwise. JMO

ETA: I think part of his appeal is also his machismo. He’s charismatic.

He drew us in, as sociopaths do. I wanted to believe what he said, because I wanted convictions for SG and KM.

IMHO

does anyone have the link to a podcast called " Over My Dead Body about the case"? When I google it a hundred different podcasts come up but not the one I am looking for, thanks for the help!
Over My Dead Body

ETA: the podcast deals with several cases, not just the homicide of Dan Markel. If you go through the episode list you'll see all the episodes about the Dan Markel case.

Last edited:
Wendi wrote it. I can't believe this Tova person is still her friend unless she is completely blind or completely evil like Wendi is. EVERYONE familiar with the divorce and its aftermath and the murder and its aftermath knows that WA was the paradigm of evil and narcissism. A liar, a murderer, a thief, a horrid mother, and well, a really bad and disillusioned writer.
Wendy wrote it. It is her way of revisiting the crime scene.....!!!!!

I found this online, some of you might hate it. :)
Notes on the Trial

I looked up the author of this blog. He appears to have close ties to the A's. Total speculation but I wonder if this is the ex-boyfriend of Wendi's that June U referred to during the interview with investigators. I remember she said Wendi was dating someone named David and David's nanny is who CA ended up getting pregnant. His IG is public and there is a pic of the nanny (who shares the same name that June U mentioned) and her baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member