GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - Jury will give SG Life. If SG ever flips on KM (and the alleged masterminds) it won't be until well after KM is convicted. KM and SG will only flip as a combo meal deal after both are convicted and sentenced - and only until after they break free from these attorneys.

IMO - Jury will give SG Life. If SG ever flips on KM (and the alleged masterminds) it won't be until well after KM is convicted. KM and SG will only flip as a combo meal deal after both are convicted and sentenced - and only until after they break free from these attorneys.
Agree on the life sentence. No way will a jury that hung on KM give the death penalty. IMO it is more likely KM will flip to save her skin once the reality sinks in that her baby daddy has received life. I don't think he will ever talk.

Agree on the life sentence. No way will a jury that hung on KM give the death penalty. IMO it is more likely KM will flip to save her skin once the reality sinks in that her baby daddy has received life. I don't think he will ever talk.

Yeah and there's been only 1 DP given by a Tally jury in the last ~30 years per the article above.

State has to try to get maximum leverage in order to get the alleged masterminds. Also, the victim's family has a right to justice.
I understand the reasons. But he didn't seem to cave over the weekend and really don't think the jury will recommend death so wish the state would abandon. Just my feelings, which I know don't count....

Last edited:
Part 2 starts at 1pm. Here is what happened this morning

Thank you. I've been on Markeith Loyd - I'm dying to see if he's going to testify.

I remembered judge saying a pregnant juror had an ultrasound at 11 am this morning and they'd start later so I didn't think they'd do anything this AM. But this judge doesn't waste any time so I'm not surprised.

I fully understand the reasons. But he didn't seem to cave over the weekend and really don't think the jury will recommend death so wish the state would abandon. Just my feelings, which I know don't count....

I'm with ya. The state seeking DP on SG is over the top! JMO.

eta: Probably doing it because they know it's unlikely they'll get the Adelsons and the DP is meant to be some kind of balm for that. To appease the community and most importantly his family.

I'm hoping they stick with the DP just to keep this on the table to bargain with to get testify against CA. Since LR got 19 (12 plus 7), maybe 25 to 30. More than anything, I want to see the A's swinging from the gallows!

Clarification please: I thought the death penalty or life were the only possible sentences for first degree murder in FLA?

I think you're right? So unless he gets death, there is no more bargaining with him I would assume? If he gets death maybe they can get him to flip and reduce his sentence to life? Would they be allowed to do that if a jury decided on death?

I think you're right? So unless he gets death, there is no more bargaining with him I would assume? If he gets death maybe they can get him to flip and reduce his sentence to life? Would they be allowed to do that if a jury decided on death?

Maybe they can offer him nicer accommodations while he serves his life sentence (if he doesn't get the DP) in exchange for cooperating.

Sentencing begins for convicted triggerman in Dan Markel murder
SIGFREDO+GETTING+CUFFED.jpg

Sigfredo Garcia was convicted of first degree murder and conspiracy in connection to the 2014 of FSU law professor Dan Markel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam