GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm angry. The murder of DM was a conspiracy. All the players need to pay the price for murdering an innocent man. I don't remember if there have been any posters on here that actually think this murderous crew is NG. If there have been, then they were trolls or just dumb. The consensus of those of us following this trial is they are guilty and the State presented the evidence to prove that. I sure didn't need anything other than what was presented at trial to know they were all aware and involved to one degree or another in arranging and implementing Dan's murder. Hang em all. And no sweet deal for the bottle girl, or Patty Playtime, oops I mean Wendi.

I've read a fair amount about how FBI pursue conspiracy cases,. They gather evidence against the low hanging fruit through wiretap or stings, and then they pounce on the target, immediately isolating them, confronting them with the evidence that they've been caught, and wrestling out an agreement from them to cooperate in gathering evidence against other targets, in exchange for a lighter sentence. They do this all the time, for example in the recent college admission scandals, but this has been their strategy for decades, for eg it's how they unravelled Watergate.

For whatever reason, this case has a different approach, and I'm not convinced it's going to work.

@Satchie What you've described is exactly what they're doing in this case. The problem is KM is not cooperating. No one can fathom why she's not cooperating because in any other case a person in her position would. So State is stuck! They can't go up the chain to CA without KM.

Then he requests a speedy trial and walks in 3 months never to be tried again. Who knows what strategy the defense for CA will use for his trial. Probable cause doesn't mean a conviction... Even Tara Kawass, Attorney for KM mentioned the State didn't have probable cause to convict the Adelsons during her opening statement.
is this a joke "even tara kawass" ?? are we suppose to rely on the statement of a defense attorney working with the adelsons?? we saw that a jury already was convinced of the adelsons' guilt. i have some, albeit limited, experience in analyzing such cases and I would venture to say the evidence as it exists now totally suffices to get a conviction against charlie adelson, and probably also donna and wendi.

Can you imagine the stealthy legal Markus team that would be fighting for CA should he be arrested (and brought to trial)? Little and big legal eagles and wannabe's all jumping on eager to assist. And, not one stack of stapled greenbacks would be spared in the cause. The state may have a wonderful legal team and maybe there is talent but how would it actually stack-up? Does the state have such a team and deep pockets??

Also, I wonder about the jurors and their eventual verdict at KM's 2nd trial. Do we have a lot of confidence after listening to the giggle juror?

Sadly, money just might be the name of the "entire game". (Which includes partial financial assistance for KM's defense). Well, even if I'm wrong... It is still something to think about. ETA:. I hope someone will hurry and post all the reasons why I'm wrong. What I'm thinking isn't pretty :(

Last edited:
So this juror was moved by emotionality and theatrics but not by cold, calm reason. smh.

eta: remind me again to never underestimate all the underhanded tactics that defense lawyers use. It's because it WORKS on the idiots!! It causes mistrials which gives defense some leverage.

rsbm

So true!!!

(I think mistrials give both sides some leverage, though.)

I've already argued this and I know it frustrates people to hear this but I'm pretty sure that the Adelsons are going to get away with this unless KM comes forward or the Adelsons turn against each other.

I'm purposefully not liking any of your posts that say this because I want you to be wrong so badly!

is this a joke "even tara kawass" ?? are we suppose to rely on the statement of a defense attorney working with the adelsons?? we saw that a jury already was convinced of the adelsons' guilt. i have some, albeit limited, experience in analyzing such cases and I would venture to say the evidence as it exists now totally suffices to get a conviction against charlie adelson, and probably also donna and wendi.

Based on what the interviewed juror said, the State would not need to present anything more than they already have to convict Wendi! They are all convinced of her guilt already.

@Satchie What you've described is exactly what they're doing in this case. The problem is KM is not cooperating. No one can fathom why she's not cooperating because in any other case a person in her position would. So State is stuck! They can't go up the chain to CA without KM.

bbm

After seeing the way the Kawass sisters and DeCoste were talking to her at the end of her trial, in that little area before she was led off, I think she just buys into what they are selling. Their body language said to me "Do not worry, Katie! We got this! We got this! There's no way you will be convicted!" And she's buying it. She trusts them.

What their motive is? Well, follow the money.

My point was, the FBI ensure they get evidence from cooperating witnesses before they lay charges against anyone.

Has this been posted before?

attached Reprimand from the Florida Board of Dentistry dated February 2019
board action Found
  • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence
Apparently CA is a bad dentist as well as being a bad person.
:D:D:D:D:D (toothy smile of course)

License reprimanded

Ordered to pay $5,000 fine plus $2,000 cost of prosecution

Ordered to complete continuing education for implants (CA and those implants again) and RECORD keeping (the Irony!)…..;)

Attachments

• DentalReprimand-min.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
A few posts back someone (not sure who but thank you!) posted the ages of the jurors. I was utterly gobsmacked if that data is correct. Most of the jurors seemed to be young girls (more than a few were 19 iirc?) and in my opinion, would be sympathetic to KM. Great for the defense but I don't understand why the prosecution didn't throw them out.

Another note: it beggars belief that jurors of that age would even be called for a DP case. I mean, really - can't buy an alcoholic drink, presumably because one would make bad choices were one to do so, but you're old enough to weigh the evidence and pass a death penalty sentence on an alleged perpetrator? Utterly ridiculous.

~Elizabeth

No you are not. Like I said, a lot of wishful thinking going on here. If KM is going to go through a retrial she's not planning to flip. If she gets convicted, she will not flip. She has ZERO incentive at that point.
Who is left...SG? The State will have 6 months to work on him in his new apartment... no lawyers around...plenty of time for him to contemplate on his new living arrangements and consider cooperating and telling the truth. No reduced sentence. He blew that by being silent in the first place. The State will justify his isolation by deeming him a threat to the rest of the prison population.

Last edited:
A few posts back someone (not sure who but thank you!) posted the ages of the jurors. I was utterly gobsmacked if that data is correct. Most of the jurors seemed to be young girls (more than a few were 19 iirc?) and in my opinion, would be sympathetic to KM. Great for the defense but I don't understand why the prosecution didn't throw them out.

Another note: it beggars belief that jurors of that age would even be called for a DP case. I mean, really - can't buy an alcoholic drink, presumably because one would make bad choices were one to do so, but you're old enough to weigh the evidence and pass a death penalty sentence on an alleged perpetrator? Utterly ridiculous.

~Elizabeth

I was taken aback by the ages as well. I also hope more men are on the next jury and I am a woman.

I also did not like how the Judge allowed the jurors to render SG's verdict then read the Allen Charge for them to continue deliberations.

It was apparent by the one juror's interview that nothing was going to change her mind but in her interview she did say when they originally brought their inability to reach a decision to the attention of the judge it was at 10G 2NG.

I am sure hearing and watching KM sob did not help....in the long run it does not matter. But real curious to the reasoning the one juror switched her vote so easily and quickly after going back into deliberations. She may have just been sick of the one smug juror. I know I would have been.

Yes, plus apparently KM admitted on the stand numerous lies/frauds in terms of taxes and medicaid. And she was believable but Rivera was not??? JMO.
I know, right? MIND BOGGLING. I can’t stand to listen to her. Not only is her thought process annoying ...she’s ...well...I like it here on WS, so I better not!

Who is left...SG? The State will have 6 months to work on him in his new apartment... no lawyers around...plenty of time for him to contemplate on his new living arrangements and consider cooperating and telling the truth. No reduced sentence. He blew that by being silent in the first place. The State will justify his isolation by deeming him a threat to the rest of the prison population.
I agree. Isolation then release him into general pop...maybe one of his fellow bros can talk some sense into him. KM cheated and played him. SOMEONE needs to point out that ultimately he is taking the fall for CA by remaining silent. The man his wifey was cheating with....

He is a fool and a killer.

Happy Sunday to all ... playing with granddaughter this weekend so I'm way behind on juror interview videos!! Thought the makeup of the jury panel might glean some insight into her responses. What I've heard so far ... has irritated the hell out of me!!
J1 - F 63 yrs.
J2 - F 46 yrs.
J3 - M 37 yrs.
J4 - F 54 yrs.
J5 - F 29 yrs.
J6 - F 44 yrs.
J7 - F 30 yrs.
J8 - F 21 yrs.
J9 - F 21 yrs.
J10 - F 54 yrs.
J11 - F 25 yrs.
J12 - M 60 yrs.-Foreman
J13 - F 19 yrs.
J14 - M 55 yrs.

replying to get this back into thread...people are asking makeup of jurors.

What were the ages? And was it mostly women. I’m sorry I missed that somehow. But if this is a college town then I guess that explains the jury pool.
Happy Sunday to all ... playing with granddaughter this weekend so I'm way behind on juror interview videos!! Thought the makeup of the jury panel might glean some insight into her responses. What I've heard so far ... has irritated the hell out of me!!
J1 - F 63 yrs.
J2 - F 46 yrs.
J3 - M 37 yrs.
J4 - F 54 yrs.
J5 - F 29 yrs.
J6 - F 44 yrs.
J7 - F 30 yrs.
J8 - F 21 yrs.
J9 - F 21 yrs.
J10 - F 54 yrs.
J11 - F 25 yrs.
J12 - M 60 yrs.-Foreman