GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s tragic anyone falls for CA’s “charms”. The fact WA thinks he’s such an awesome guy — she glows and gets all giggly about him — creeps me out. Remember when JL testifid the other day about inappropriate things CA was saying in the hot tub, and how WA had sort of bragged to JL about CA being with young females in other countries and JL made a good dig about how WA is a supposed human trafficking advocate.
Right?! Ugh. It’s honestly so gross to me that his parents and sister think his behaviour is ok. It’s criminal, obviously, and predatory IMO.

After listening to these calls I don't know how it took LE so long to arrest CA, he's as guilty as them come when you hear what he says to KM and DA. Guilty, guilty, guilty. MOO of course.
If I were on this jury I would find KM guilty without a doubt. I feel that LR was right in his comment that KM called all the shots for the murder.
JMO

for Wednesday, May 25th - Day 6

FBI Agent Patrick Sanford continued...

Jada E. Williams
@JadaEWilliams
We're back from lunch.

We're stepping away from the calls. Now moving to what happened after an interview attempt from police. "She began using a burner phone instead of her regular phone. She still used it some but would turn it on and off." "There's no way to ping the phone to figure out what tower."

"Several months. We never found exactly where she was living at." Agent Sanford says they struggled to find her after the interview attempt. In October, they got a ping at a shopping center and saw her walking to her car.

We move into cross. Questioning starts with Agent Sanford's role in investigation.

DeCoste's questioning is focused on Luis Rivera's statement to law enforcement. For instance, when Rivera testifies he saw Wendi Adelson near Dan Markel's house. The judge is reading a stipulation of the Markel kids pick up and drop off schedule.

link: https://twitter.com/JadaEWilliams

and - now I'll have to stop - I'll pick up the cross tomorrow morning. :)

I think tragic June thinks she and Charlie might reunite one day. Even Charlie, rejected by society and accused of murder, would never stoop to marry someone like June. She was a dim witted play toy to him, she’d be an embarrassment to an educated upper class family like the Adelsons who holds themselves in high regard. Tacky June would never make the cut.
yeah and it's time for the long arm of the law to knock DA down a peg or two. She will be shocked to find out they do not have tablecloth restaurants in prison or even A/C.

I must be dense in my old age, I do not get what the defense is trying to prove to the jury regarding the recorded phone calls between KM, DA, and CA? Did anyone get what he was trying to reveal to this jury?

I must be dense in my old age, I do not get what the defense is trying to prove to the jury regarding the recorded phone calls between KM, DA, and CA? Did anyone get what he was trying to reveal to this jury?
I agree they didn't do a great job, but they had so little to work with. You have to go back and look at the opening statement where the defense put all their eggs in the basket "THERE IS NO PROOF BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT THAT KATIE KNEW ABOUT THE MURDER BEFORE IT OCCURRED." This allows them to say, "well, she may have suspected ...." or "she may have thought they were just going to rough up Danny ..." .... So all the cross is trying to leave doubt about what Katie truly knew. ... I think they are screwed, but it is the best they could do. Now they have to choose whether to call Garcia and have him flat out lie and protect Katie.

I am really curious about the Markels April reunion with the kids. I can only imagine how hard it would be to re-establish a close relationship after all this time and the badmouthing of their family the kids likely heard. The number of lives ruined by this eff'd up act is stunning. I hope they don't stop at Charlie.

I think tragic June thinks she and Charlie might reunite one day. Even Charlie, rejected by society and accused of murder, would never stoop to marry someone like June. She was a dim witted play toy to him, she’d be an embarrassment to an educated upper class family like the Adelsons who holds themselves in high regard. Tacky June would never make the cut.

Donna Adelson, what are you doing here?! :)

It’s tragic anyone falls for CA’s “charms”. The fact WA thinks he’s such an awesome guy — she glows and gets all giggly about him — creeps me out. Remember when JL testifid the other day about inappropriate things CA was saying in the hot tub, and how WA had sort of bragged to JL about CA being with young females in other countries and JL made a good dig about how WA is a supposed human trafficking advocate.
yes and disgusted by anyone who has been hiring her and working with her

I really think KM will be convicted. She maintains her innocence but wondering if a plea deal is being considered by the defense. JMO.
I think the prosecution has this in the bag and no need to plea bargain with KM. Except maybe a reduced sentence if she promises to cooperate and testify against CA (and maybe other Adelsons)… except her credibility would be lessened because that would mean admitting she flagrantly perjured herself on the stand in her 2019 trial testimony. Hmm.

Last time Agt Sanford testified and DaCoste crossed there were fireworks! Is the retrial cross worth watching? Any drama? :)

Also, we don’t have Judge Hankman this time. Has he retired? I loved him at the last trial. Anyway, I guess I’m waiting for Garcia testimony. I’ve been so distracted by the Depp trial that I haven’t been able to follow this one.

I think the prosecution has this in the bag and no need to plea bargain with KM. Except maybe a reduced sentence if she promises to cooperate and testify against CA (and maybe other Adelsons)… except her credibility would be lessened because that would mean admitting she flagrantly perjured herself on the stand in her 2019 trial testimony. Hmm.
Yes, good point about her limited use to the State because of her prior testimony. JMO.

Last time Agt Sanford testified and DaCoste crossed there were fireworks! Is the retrial cross worth watching? Any drama? :)

Also, we don’t have Judge Hankman this time. Has he retired? I loved him at the last trial. Anyway, I guess I’m waiting for Garcia testimony. I’ve been so distracted by the Depp trial that I haven’t been able to follow this one.
From the bits I’ve watched I miss Judge Hankinson too, I liked his demeanor. Looks like he retired soon after the 2019 trial.

From the bits I’ve watched I miss Judge Hankinson too, I liked his demeanor. Looks like he retired soon after the 2019 trial.
Oh - I like the judge for this trial. He is very no nonsense and quite firm. He knows his stuff and has put the male defense atty in his place several times.

IMO - KM's defense team is being paid by the alleged masterminds. No way will they allow a plea deal.
I read an article written in 2017 (I think) about who is paying. The prosecution wanted to know apparently and there was some sort of private hearing.

I still think its the Adelson's indirectly. I believe they set up some sort of trust and a third party is adminsitering the funds.

I read an article written in 2017 (I think) about who is paying. The prosecution wanted to know apparently and there was some sort of private hearing.

I still think its the Adelson's indirectly. I believe they set up some sort of trust and a third party is adminsitering the funds.
CA's house is now owned by a LLC, sold for 300K, interesting when you look at the address of said LLC lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni