GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the pattern is one where DA proposes increasingly insane solutions and Wendi keeps shooting them down. The pattern is one of DA getting increasingly agitated with WA’s failure to act, escalate and institute DA’s stupid ideas. So, DA just cut ineffective WA out and decided to get it handled.

If you look at the family dynamic, DA is a loon who is uber controlling and willing to do (or at least propose) insane courses of action. I have never seen evidence of WA proposing or suggesting any insane course of action, and in fact, she ignores her mother’s stupid ideas. Getting ignored and having her ideas dismissed must have infuriated DA and convinced her that WA could not handle this.
WA is just as "loony" as DA.

[...] I have never seen evidence of WA proposing or suggesting any insane course of action, [...]".

Neither Donna nor Wendi Adelson were audio video recorded proposing or suggesting course of action to Magbanua or Sigfredo Garcia. Perhaps that is why Donna and Wendi Adelson are free to roam albeit being labeled by the State of Florida as co-conspirators.

In contrast, tough guy button pusher Charles Adelson is caught in the so called Dolce Vita audio video recording prompting Magabanua to kill the UC agent of the “bump". Perhaps that is why the Grand Jury indicted Charles Adelson.

I look forward to the day when Donna Adelson has to answer to her own words in a public form (a courtroom where she is on trial). How about the part where Wendi tried to insinuate that "Jibbers" was some cute term of endearment, not a slur at all. These people are just awful. I do wonder who came up with that name and how.
Yes, and Judge Hankinson specifically asked her how "Jibbers" was spelled. She told him in open court that she never actually wrote it out. At that point, Ms. Cappleman tells her the name "Jibbers" was typed as a contact into her phone at the time of the murder. She seemed so convincing as she casually mentioned this to the Judge. I found it difficult to believe anything she said at the point.

No, the pattern is one where DA proposes increasingly insane solutions and Wendi keeps shooting them down. The pattern is one of DA getting increasingly agitated with WA’s failure to act, escalate and institute DA’s stupid ideas. So, DA just cut ineffective WA out and decided to get it handled.

Where do we find evidence of this pattern? They just read a couple of emails at the trials.

Neither Donna nor Wendi Adelson were audio video recorded proposing or suggesting course of action to Magbanua or Sigfredo Garcia. Perhaps that is why Donna and Wendi Adelson are free to roam albeit being labeled by the State of Florida as co-conspirators.

In contrast, tough guy button pusher Charles Adelson is caught in the so called Dolce Vita audio video recording prompting Magabanua to kill the UC agent of the “bump". Perhaps that is why the Grand Jury indicted Charles Adelson.
Seems like Donna's complicity is documented by those checks from the dental office she wrote and signed.

Yes, and Judge Hankinson specifically asked her how "Jibbers" was spelled. She told him in open court that she never actually wrote it out. At that point, Ms. Cappleman tells her the name "Jibbers" was typed as a contact into her phone at the time of the murder. She seemed so convincing as she casually mentioned this to the Judge. I found it difficult to believe anything she said at the point.
Yes! This!

In real time, I wondered why Judge H would suddenly wake up and ask that seemingly tangential question. I mean, who cares how "Jibbers" is spelled?

Do you think Judge H was testing WA - expecting she would say she didn't know? If so, that guy's a legendary wizard!

So revealing of WA and revealing also the mastery of Judge H!

If Wendi is involved, why would she bring up numerous times in her police interview that her brother joked about hiring a hitman? Why wouldn’t she just keep quiet about that? I watched her entire police interview today and was surprised how many times she threw Charlie under the bus in that regard.

If Wendi is involved, why would she bring up numerous times in her police interview that her brother joked about hiring a hitman? Why wouldn’t she just keep quiet about that? I watched her entire police interview today and was surprised how many times she threw Charlie under the bus in that regard.
See post #619 in this thread for an interesting theory on this. JMO.

Yes! This!

In real time, I wondered why Judge H would suddenly wake up and ask that seemingly tangential question. I mean, who cares how "Jibbers" is spelled?

Do you think Judge H was testing WA - expecting she would say she didn't know? If so, that guy's a legendary wizard!

So revealing of WA and revealing also the mastery of Judge H!
I think Judge H asked her how to spell it for the court reporter.

I wonder how anyone, especially a juror, could find her credible with her "my lawyer told me never to talk about this case with anyone, so I never have!" referencing the murder of her ex-husband, the father of her kids for which most of her family is implicated. Please.

Especially since she spent much of her police interview trying to figure out "who could have done such a thing". I think she's a prolific actress, just not a very good one.

I wonder how anyone, especially a juror, could find her credible with her "my lawyer told me never to talk about this case with anyone, so I never have!" referencing the murder of her ex-husband, the father of her kids for which most of her family is implicated. Please.

Especially since she spent much of her police interview trying to figure out "who could have done such a thing". I think she's a prolific actress, just not a very good one.
Jibbers really is a difficult word to spell ;)

Me too. But having watched her twice now in court and viewing the totality of the evidence so far, and hearing Charlie complain about her entitlement to their mother (who at least appears to agree but she's also likely a "great actress"), I have landed firmly in the "Wendi was entirely apprised of what was going to--and did--happen and had prepared for her performance in the police station for months. She over thought some things and fancied herself smarter than the interrogators imo, but she was very prepared for her performance. None of it rings true to me, at all. Two things--why did she not inquire about her kids safety immediately, but uses that as the excuse for changing their names? It's like she thinks about and decides to be "afraid" a year later, but skipped over the maternal instinct to be afraid when you see crime scene tape on the street where they slept the night before. Now I've forgotten my second thing but it was a good one and I'll come back once I remember it. ;)

Ok, I remembered it. Given the enmeshment of this family, how can anyone reconcile the notion that Donna and Charlie would conspire and execute the MURDER of the FATHER of Wendi's children without ever asking her to weigh in on it? I do think she weighed in as well on that "kosher-style" nonsense at their wedding. This family works as a unit to get what they want for all involved. I don't see them breaking rank for MURDER.

Excellent post. I view the Adelson family, in this instance at least, as a criminal enterprise. Fpr those who have followed the Pike Co murders, IMO there are distinct overlaps between the Wagner clan and the Adelsons in terms of family dynamics (dysfunction) and the obvious relish that each group took in the crime(s) they carried out. There was preparation, coordination, project planning, procurement and a combined drive towards the mission being concluded in a satisfactory (to them) fashion.

It's tricky as someone with an oblique connection to this one (family member who was a law prof and judge based in TO) to make sense of just how surreal this case actually is: wealthy FLA family, faced with a favoured daughter in the middle of an unhappy marriage and custody dispute which is by no means intractable, runs through a series of increasingly bizarre plans to buy and then scare off the ex, culminating with the hire of a hitman to kill him -- and then resumes life pretty much as normal.

It's nutso. It makes sense only within the fractured prism of the family who hates "Jibbers" more than it wants to protect itself. And Wendi-A is the one who drove that bus. She was without a doubt the instigator of this crime, whether or not she has plausible deniability or even intended it to actually occur. A years-long tantrum resulting in a brutal death and the destruction of families including her own. It's quite incredible.

Excellent post. I view the Adelson family, in this instance at least, as a criminal enterprise. Fpr those who have followed the Pike Co murders, IMO there are distinct overlaps between the Wagner clan and the Adelsons in terms of family dynamics (dysfunction) and the obvious relish that each group took in the crime(s) they carried out. There was preparation, coordination, project planning, procurement and a combined drive towards the mission being concluded in a satisfactory (to them) fashion.

It's tricky as someone with an oblique connection to this one (family member who was a law prof and judge based in TO) to make sense of just how surreal this case actually is: wealthy FLA family, faced with a favoured daughter in the middle of an unhappy marriage and custody dispute which is by no means intractable, runs through a series of increasingly bizarre plans to buy and then scare off the ex, culminating with the hire of a hitman to kill him -- and then resumes life pretty much as normal.

It's nutso. It makes sense only within the fractured prism of the family who hates "Jibbers" more than it wants to protect itself. And Wendi-A is the one who drove that bus. She was without a doubt the instigator of this crime, whether or not she has plausible deniability or even intended it to actually occur. A years-long tantrum resulting in a brutal death and the destruction of families including her own. It's quite incredible.

This part! I was on the fence about Wendi's involvement to be honest, until this trial, watching her bizarre testimony about never talking to anyone about any of it (brilliant to put LaCasse on right after that for some perspective). I believe that her drive-by was what tipped off Katie (and the rest of them) that it was done. If only those Whatsapp calls and conversations could be retrieved. I suspect a message is buried in there from Wendi that goes something like "TV is all fixed now".

I keep going back to Georgia Cappleman's plea to the jury "don't let the way these people planned to get away with this (murder), be the way they get away with it." Brilliant and should be used in every single trial, hopefully 3 more (unless they get tried together).

I do wonder how their lives have practically been affected. I can't imagine they have many "ride or dies" left in this world, or much of a standing in Miami society. Seems Charlie's life basically fell apart. Good. Let it keep falling.

I’m still not sure whether, knowing what I do now, I could convict Wendi if first degree murder beyond a reasonable doubt. What I find most convincing is that if she had no involvement, any normal person would have disowned their obviously guilty family by now.

Question for the crowd: Are you convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Wendi is guilty?

I’m still not sure whether, knowing what I do now, I could convict Wendi if first degree murder beyond a reasonable doubt. What I find most convincing is that if she had no involvement, any normal person would have disowned their obviously guilty family by now.

Question for the crowd: Are you convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Wendi is guilty?
I'm 100% convinced she's guilty of conspiracy. At the least. And I think we've only seen a fraction of evidence against her too. To me, the X factor is who is going to turn on who in this evil triad. My vote is that DA and WA will throw CA under the bus, thinking his life is basically over anyway and they can still "get on with their lives". I don't think DA stands a chance of avoiding incarceration, unless CA falls on his sword for her--yet I think we might see a wild card with him serving up WA for leniency.

If WA is charged, her prior court testimony is not admissible against her -- a lot of my view of WA is colored by her prior testimony. I guess no, at this point, I don't think guilty BARD. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46