GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all this time and effort invested in solving this murder and serving up some justice, it would be an out and out shame to make any kind of deal that would allow any of those convicted to ever see the free world again. I may be optimistic but it seems to me LE is about to nail the whole lot of them.

After all this time and effort invested in solving this murder and serving up some justice, it would be an out and out shame to make any kind of deal that would allow any of those convicted to ever see the free world again. I may be optimistic but it seems to me LE is about to nail the whole lot of them.
Of course, if evidence we have so far (or forthcoming) can nail the whole gang, that's what I'm going for. A deal ONLY if help is needed. Why make a deal if you don't need it?

Of course, if evidence we have so far (or forthcoming) can nail the whole gang, that's what I'm going for. A deal ONLY if help is needed. Why make a deal if you don't need it?

I suffered through the entire testimony by WA at KM's trial and was appalled by her clearly false answers along with her blatantly strange facial expressions. I don't believe I've ever seen such a phony persona on the witness stand and the weird way she projected herself. Why she was allowed to keep justifying herself rather than answering the questions after being told repeatedly to just answer the question is a mystery to me.(Might the presence of her own attorney have something to do with it) It was hard for me to remember she was testifying in a court of law. Nothing rang true, not her words declaring her non answers or how absolutely creepy she came off. For someone touted as being exceptionally intelligent, she failed to carry off anything related to appearing smart. But, I got the feeling she believed her performance pulled the wool over everyones eyes. IMO More than arrogance was at play. Just that thought is scary to me. There is something so dark that I fear what lies beneath her false exterior. If I could see deeper it wouldn't surprise me to find out that DM's death was about much more than a change of location for herself and children. Some of the State's statements to her appear to show they see through her act as well and will continue with their quest for justice. Here's to CA's conviction being the first of the A's dominos to fall.......

I suffered through the entire testimony by WA at KM's trial and was appalled by her clearly false answers along with her blatantly strange facial expressions. I don't believe I've ever seen such a phony persona on the witness stand and the weird way she projected herself. Why she was allowed to keep justifying herself rather than answering the questions after being told repeatedly to just answer the question is a mystery to me.(Might the presence of her own attorney have something to do with it) It was hard for me to remember she was testifying in a court of law. Nothing rang true, not her words declaring her non answers or how absolutely creepy she came off. For someone touted as being exceptionally intelligent, she failed to carry off anything related to appearing smart. But, I got the feeling she believed her performance pulled the wool over everyones eyes. IMO More than arrogance was at play. Just that thought is scary to me. There is something so dark that I fear what lies beneath her false exterior. If I could see deeper it wouldn't surprise me to find out that DM's death was about much more than a change of location for herself and children. Some of the State's statements to her appear to show they see through her act as well and will continue with their quest for justice. Here's to CA's conviction being the first of the A's dominos to fall.......
I think two other things may have put the family over the edge. Dan's fraud case against Wendi (money related) which if found guilty would have prevented her from practicing as a lawyer. The final blow was against Donna - Dan requesting for supervised visits when Donna had the boys. The kids had told their dad that Grandma said 'you are stupid. Grandma said she hates you. Grandma said you are trying to take her sun shines away.' The Adelsons could not take that. Dan was murdered before both of these cases could be adjudicated.

I think two other things may have put the family over the edge. Dan's fraud case against Wendi (money related) which if found guilty would have prevented her from practicing as a lawyer. The final blow was against Donna - Dan requesting for supervised visits when Donna had the boys. The kids had told their dad that Grandma said 'you are stupid. Grandma said she hates you. Grandma said you are trying to take her sun shines away.' The Adelsons could not take that. Dan was murdered before both of these cases could be adjudicated.
I believe you’ve nailed it!

I missed details about a pending fraud case. Interesting....

I missed details about a pending fraud case. Interesting....
Dan had filed a motion 'alleging that Wendi had failed to disclose all of her financial assets'. Just repeating the words that were used.

I will add to that his budding relationship with his new girlfriend which was an extreme upgrade from Wendi and would be for their children if that relationship had progressed further. She kept bringing it up so it was in her mind--including futurizing that Dan might move to NY one day to be with her. She's far more accomplished than Wendi and is a member of a very famous family (her brother) so opportunities abundant. I don't think Wendi's ego could stand it one bit. Dan was murdered right before he was to visit her. Remember how she admitted to googling both Amy and her ex husband? And how she kept mentioning how beautiful Amy is (with the dig at her age thrown in there)? I think she had to make sure she never had to live in that comparison--and yes I think she's that twisted.

per the court docket - looks like CA's lawyer recently requested KM's PSI - pre-sentence investigation - report from GC. probably wanted to make extra sure there's no surprises coming from KM tomorrow. like a double-cross with a KM singing performance. i think the chances of that are nil with Kawass by KM's side. but better safe than sorry.

per the court docket - looks like CA's lawyer recently requested KM's PSI - pre-sentence investigation - report from GC. probably wanted to make extra sure there's no surprises coming from KM tomorrow. like a double-cross with a KM singing performance. i think the chances of that are nil with Kawass by KM's side. but better safe than sorry.
Wow, interesting. Thanks for sharing.

rbbm.
''The two agreed to split custody of the children 50/50 and Markel agreed to pay Adelson $841 per month as child support on top of a lump sum payment of $120,000. However, the exes continued to squabble via court filings over money, when Adelson would allow Skype calls between Dan and the children, the children's education plans, and freedom of access to the children.

''In February 2014, Markel filed a motion to enforce the marriage settlement agreement, claiming Adelson and her lawyer were not forthcoming about her financial assets. The following month, Dan filed a motion seeking to prevent Adelson's mother, Donna, from having unsupervised time with his sons in order to protect them from "disparaging comments about their father."

May 2022
''While neither lawyer mentioned Markel had also written motions alleging financial wrongdoing by Wendi in their divorce — a serious allegation that could have had consequences for her law license — acrimony such as that may have also contributed to the family’s motive to “take care of the problem.”

They didn't request it- it was entered into the evidence file as required by law.
It has nothing to do with whether KM has cooperated or not, it was ordered by a judge, so it's been produced.

No kosher food for CHarlie ? whassa .. discrimination. Bnei Brith will be on to it first thing Friday Night. It's well known that Wendi and Charlie like cooked shrimp (as at Dan Markel's wedding ) and with the sort of money and Entitlement he has he should be able to do better than lil cookies and Pies. He's in a bad way. Perhaps we need to take up a collection for his prison account .
If an inmate is on a special diet due to religion or illness etc., in most jails, special provisions are made.

Last edited:
The Tallahassee Democrat will livestream the sentencing of Katherine Magbanua's sentencing and Charlie Adelson's case management hearing from the courthouse in Tallahassee. Watch on Tallahassee.com and on the Tallahassee Democrat's Facebook page. For best viewing experience: Download the Tallahassee Democrat app to watch and receive text alerts on when to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge