FL - Darren Kelley, 23, Santa Rosa County, 27 May 1995

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ShowerSinger, May 8, 2008.

1. ShowerSinger

ShowerSinger New Member

Darren Kelley's remains have been found after 13 years. His wife has been charged with his murder.
    His mother said, "If you love your children, not even God can stop a mother from looking." Now she looks forward to the trial, but will have to wait, as the man's widow resisted arrest, and is now in Leon county on those charges.
    www.wkrg.com/news/article/santa_rosa_county_cold_case/13713/news/

2. Loading...

3. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

:eek: Wow! 13 years......

4. gardenmom

gardenmom Former Member

I glad he was found. Every missing/murdered person deserves justice. I hope the wife rots.

5. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

I wish I knew why it took so long to find him if he was on that property. Seems like a systematic search with the same types of dogs early on (or right after she sold it) would have found him sooner.

Maybe she just sold the property?

In any case, I'm thankful justice will be served (hopefully!). This gives me hope for several cases I'm interested in that are turning cold. :(

6. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

Maybe the dogs 13 years ago weren't as trained as today's dogs? The article describes many flags where cadaver dogs alerted and they had to use heavy machinery and it seems only parts were discovered but enough to gather DNA. It seems there was scattering of the remains which is usually animals that have done that. I do wonder if he was dismembered prior to the animal scatter.

7. lisag

lisag Former Member

Wow... I hope there is justice for his family!

8. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

From August 2010:

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/101027194.html