Identified! FL - Davie, WhtFem 21-35, 554UFFL, in canal, blonde, gapped teeth, Feb'84 - Lori Jane Kearsey

I was also thinking this Jane Doe could be the prostitute on Hollywood blvd in Hollywood California mentioned on the charlie project and she relocated to Davie Florida.

A few months ago, I spent quite a bit of time going through high school yearbooks from Broward County and surrounding areas trying to find this woman. From the PM photo, I am guessing that she was around the mid-late 20's, so I was looking in yearbooks from the mid-1970's. I found one girl (IIRC, she was from Plantation FL) who looked exactly like her, but I found that girl's facebook page, so I knew the Jane Doe was not that girl.

I am pretty confident that she is not currently listed in the online missing person sites (DoeNetwork, Charley, NAMPN, or NamUs). But I am constantly watching the updates. I am sure that I would recognize her.

I am thinking that she was a visitor to the South Florida beaches from some other state.

I sent a message to Todd Matthews from NamUs outlining the information that I stated above. He promptly replied with the following message.

ETA: I was just reading through Tammy's thread in the Missing But Not Forgotten forum. According to Tammy's sister (Ms Suzanne), the argument with the man who last saw Tammy was supposedly because she wanted him to drive her to Fort Lauderdale, and he didn't have the time to do that. He dropped her off at a gas station, and she was never seen again. Interesting info in the context of this discussion because Davie is a suburb of Fort Lauderdale.

Hi, I read through what you have been discussing and I have some questions, if Suzanne or anyone else that knew Tammy might be able to answer.
Would Tammy have hitchhiked? If the friend did honestly drop her off there, would she have been likely to see someone else that she knew? Is there anyway to verify he dropped her off and didn't come back for her? Were there means of public transportation? Would she have taken a bus or ?
If Suzanne is able to give more information about what Tammy's personality was like, would she have trusted a stranger to drive her? When Tammy disappeared, how long had it been since her sister had seen her?
Was Tammy often mistaken for looking older or younger than her age?

:twocents: FWIW, I think the drawings of the Jane Doe here look more like Tammy than any of the other people mentioned.

Carl,

Your reconstruction is fantastic. What a beautiful woman. I cannot believe that she has not yet been identified. I pray that someone here at WS will recognize something that others may have missed.

FWIW, I too think that although Tammy looks very similar, I see enough differences, I don't think that it is her.

Was Wilder's MO to target models? I am only just reading up on the SOB now.

I see that he went far and wide to draw victims, so, this Doe could definitely be from out-of-state.

Wilders' "1st murder victim" has been attributed as that of Rosario Gonzalez, last seen on February 26, 1984 at the Miami Grand Prix, where she was employed as a model and where Wilder was racing in the class in a Porsche 911.

If this Doe is indeed a victim of Wilders', then, that would make HER his 1st murder victim (although, from a cursory glance at his history, I am sure there are many other victims), around February 16, 1984 DOD.

JMO

Davie, Florida is 40 miles south of Boynton Beach.

http://goo.gl/maps/N4PKI
N4PKI

Wendy Huggy has been missing since April 7, 1982 from Clearwater, FL.

wendy_huggy_small.jpg
6d7c60d1-3097-4d45-95d1-6eb6cc42b270.jpg

http://www.pascosheriff.com/webapps/COLDCASE.pgm?TASK=disp&rrn=000000081&rnd=91287

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/Flyers/FlyerCust2pic.asp?ID=4792

She called her Grandmother from Clearwater Mall said she met someone there..... but that she was going to the beach with her friends.....

• Were you at the Clearwater Mall that day on April 7th, 1982?
  • Did you see the person Wendy met at the mall?
  • Do you have information about this person?
  • Do you recall seeing Wendy at the Mall that day?
  • Are you the person Wendy met at the Mall?

She was supposed to receive a car ride to the Countryside Mall from an unidentified male friend known only as Don.

http://whereiswendy.blogspot.ca/

MO of meeting at Mall?

t was a warm, sunny Sunday morning on the cusp of spring when Teresa Ferguson set out from her home in Indian Harbor Beach, Fla. for the shopping mall nearby. Terry, 21, stepdaughter of the local police captain, was an attractive woman with long, dark hair who worked in a factory that specialized in silk-screened T-shirts while she waited for the fulfillment of her life's ambition: to become a model. That morning at the mall she met a man with the promises she wanted to hear.

Two days later, on March 20, 300 miles northwest in Tallahassee, a blond, 19-year-old Florida State student disappeared from a shopping mall near the campus with a man who offered her a modeling assignment. When she demurred, he forced her into his car, beat her, bound and gagged her and forced her into a sleeping bag, which he stuffed into the trunk of his car.

From April 30, 1984 Archive of People Magazine:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20087690,00.html

His M.O. was to approach women wherever they congregated. He approached them in shopping malls, strip-malls, on the street in residential neighborhoods, and in one instance, at a Seventeen Magazine beauty pageant in Las Vegas, where he posed as a photographer.

I posted this photo on the Colleen Orsborn thread, but I'll post it here. This is Wilder scouting his next victim at the Seventeen Magazine pagent at the very time that he was the subject of a nationwide manhunt.

2207078390045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

The legs in the foreground were those of Michelle Korfman, who was one of the contestants. She disappeared right after this event and her skeletal remains were found a month later in the mountains near Los Angeles.

Wondergirl, I think Wendy was too tall?

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: April 7, 1982 from Clearwater, Florida
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: July 21, 1965
Height and Weight: 5'9, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Huggy has a circular-shaped dog bite scar on the outer center of her left thigh. She may use the last name Freeman.

FWIW, I am also curious to read on the blog that she was married. She was almost 17 when she disappeared.

Carl, does Jane Doe have a cleft chin?

Maybe. There are bits of debris on her face, and the way she is positioned, her head is tilted forward with her chin against the top of her sternum. There appears to be a shadow that might be a cleft chin, but I can't be 100% sure. But I did put the shadow into the recon.

She also has what looks like a large freckle or mole right at her hairline near the part in her hair. But that also might be debris or mud.

Wondergirl, I think Wendy was too tall?

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: April 7, 1982 from Clearwater, Florida
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: July 21, 1965
Height and Weight: 5'9, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Huggy has a circular-shaped dog bite scar on the outer center of her left thigh. She may use the last name Freeman.

FWIW, I am also curious to read on the blog that she was married. She was almost 17 when she disappeared.

Yes, Believe, I did notice the height and eye discrepancy, but, I *thought*, and I could be wrong on this, that sometimes the height on the decedent can be off in death, and/or the heights of missing people can be "off" also?

She looks like her enough to me, to be considered, but, maybe nobody else here thinks so?:waitasec:

Yes, Believe, I did notice the height and eye discrepancy, but, I *thought*, and I could be wrong on this, that sometimes the height on the decedent can be off in death, and/or the heights of missing people can be "off" also?

She looks like her enough to me, to be considered, but, maybe nobody else here thinks so?:waitasec:

I don't think she is Wendy Huggy. I see very clear differences in the shapes of their faces.

Tammy Dawn Risenhoover seems like a possible match. The hair is brown, but she could of dyed it.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1878dfok.html

INFO from doenetwork.org
Tammy Dawn Risenhoover
Missing since early 1984 from Tulsa, Oklahoma
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 6, 1964
Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 130 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black/brown hair; hazel eyes. Medium complexion.
Marks, Scars: Purple-ish birthmark on back of neck at hairline

Circumstances of Disappearance
Tammy Risenhoover disappeared under suspicious circumstances in early 1984.

At the time she was associating with a local motorcycle gang.

She was reported missing by her family on March 6, 1990 but they had no contact since 1984.
Foul play is suspected

based on Nikole Bakoles' delayed identification and especially Orsborn's delayed identification, I now strongly suspect Davie Jane Doe is TLL. Has anyone heard back regarding the DNA?

based on Nikole Bakoles' delayed identification and especially Orsborn's delayed identification, I now strongly suspect Davie Jane Doe is TLL. Has anyone heard back regarding the DNA?

I was pretty sure too, until I saw the postmortem photo.

I am pretty sure now from looking at the PM photo, that she is not TLL. There are distinct differences in their noses that I don't believe can be explained by postmortem effects.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back