FL FL - Debbie Lynn Prosser, 25, Fort Lauderdale, 15 May 1984

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Debbie Lynn Prosser[/h]
  • debbie_lynn_prosser_1.jpg
Prosser, circa 1975 (nine years before her disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable)

• Missing Since 05/15/1984
  • Missing From Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 05/21/1959 (58)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 116 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, gray eyes.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Prosser was last seen in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on May 15, 1984. She has never been heard from again.

She disappeared the day after her boyfriend, Julio Armando Alfonso, was found shot to death in his home in the 1200 block of northeast 27th Terrace in Pompano Beach, Florida. He had been dead for about a day. There were no indications of forced entry to the home and nothing appeared to be missing.

Alfonso was the co-owner of Scuba Divers Inc., a dive shop in the 1700 block of north State Road 7 in Margate, Florida; it was his business partner who found the body.

He had been a major investor in the International Gold Bullion Exchange, a company that collapsed in 1983; the total lost to investors was $75 million and the company's owners were jailed in the aftermath. It isn't clear whether Alfonso's failed investment was a factor in his death.

Alfonso was married and had a child, but had been separated from his wife for years by the time of his death. Prosser moved out of his home about six weeks before his murder. They had a troubled relationship and police were called to the residence in response to domestic violence complaints on several occasions.

Investigators did not call Prosser a suspect in Alfonso's murder, but they considered her a material witness and sought her for questioning. They stated they feared she could be in danger.

At the time of her disappearance, Prosser was driving a car she'd borrowed from another boyfriend earlier that day; it was found abandoned in Pompano Beach four days later. She has never been heard from again.

It's unclear whether her disappearance and Alfonso's homicide are connected, or if his murder was ever solved. She was declared legally dead on May 10, 1989, five years almost to the day after she was last seen.

http://charleyproject.org/case/debbie-lynn-prosser

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11306/

"The Doe Network" : International Center for Unidentified & Missing Persons'
Case File: Debbie Lynn Prosser - 3223DFFL

The Doe Network
3223dffl.jpg

Debbie Lynn Prosser
  • Case Classification: Missing
  • Missing Since: May 15, 1984
  • Location Last Seen: Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida

Physical Description
    ** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.
  • Date of Birth: May 21, 1959
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 yrs old
  • Race: White
  • Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"
  • Weight at Time of Disappearance: 116 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Gray
  • Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
  • Dentals: Not Available
  • Fingerprints: Not Available
  • DNA: Not Available
    Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: Unknown
  • Jewelry: Unknown
  • Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Debbie was last seen in Broward county in 1984.

Investigating Agency(s)
    If you have any information about this case please contact;

• Agency Name: Broward Sheriffs Office
  • Agency Contact Person: Detective Christopher Blankenship
  • Agency Case Number: PB84-421974
  • NCIC Case Number: N/A
  • NamUs Case Number: MP #11306
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)
  • FDLE

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index
    Questions or comments? Please contact appropriate member of the Area Team
    Last Updated: 06.22.2012 - By: BR/Web Asst

Copyright © 1999 - 2010 by The Doe Network
    All photos and information contained within this Web site are the properties of the listed information sources within the case files

Gotta be a chance she did a runner
Too much of a coincidence in the timing

Interesting that there isn't any DNA listed. It’s not like they couldn’t have saved her hairbrush or toothbrush. If she ran, she has to realize she can be found at this point.

The 38th anniversary of Debbie’s disappearance passed recently.

I assume Debbie has more rule outs but the only one I am aware of is this unlisted one:

UP1213
12/20/87
Royal Palm Beach, FL

I got this after I tried submitting Debbie and was notified it was a rule out by Doe Network.
A NamUs official list would be appreciated. I think Debbie likely ran away given the circumstances but that doesn't mean something did or did not happen to her while away. This likely means almost the whole of the US is on the table as Debbie, being 24 or 25 (sources conflict) could avoid suspicion even when travelling far. It would be more suspicious for a 15 or even 16 year old girl to be travelling on her own.

This photo was in the 1984 article I posted. I can't speak to how recent it is, or validate it is her, it is what was included in the article. I do agree she appears older than on her current MP info/fliers and was glad to see it.

This photo was in the 1984 article I posted. I can't speak to how recent it is, or validate it is her, it is what was included in the article. I do agree she appears older than on her current MP info/fliers and was glad to see it.
It makes logical sense that this is Debbie so people can recognize her and she does look like an older version of our current photo. Here is a side-by-side of both photos:
1666034727070.png

The tone of black in her hair makes me think this is likely her and the jawline is the exact same!

The photo of who is most likely Debbie in the Miami Herald has been added to her Charley Project.

2 Unidentified Person Exclusions

View attachment 382792
Wow. This is strange. I was expecting 3 as Doe Network said she was excluded on dentals as being the Palm Beach Jane Doe (1987). But then they say Debbie has no dentals available. Here is that Doe's thread:

Just found this photo in a yearbook. It was of a girl named Debbie Prosser in 1977 and I know it is likely her as it above she attended the same school as our Debbie. Also, this girl seems to have gray eyes, just like out Debbie. Gray eyes are a very rare trait. If it's her, it's the only photo of her in color.
Debbie Prosser.jpg
Only issue is that the photo of Debbie we know is her says she was born around 1959 and was about 16. This Debbie says born around 1961 and was about 16.
Here is the record:
Here is the old photo of Debbie. (Proof they came from the same school.)

Just found this photo in a yearbook. It was of a girl named Debbie Prosser in 1977 and I know it is likely her as it above she attended the same school as our Debbie. Also, this girl seems to have gray eyes, just like out Debbie. Gray eyes are a very rare trait. If it's her, it's the only photo of her in color.
View attachment 394226
Only issue is that the photo of Debbie we know is her says she was born around 1959 and was about 16. This Debbie says born around 1961 and was about 16.
Here is the record:
Here is the old photo of Debbie. (Proof they came from the same school.)
I'd take the age estimations on Ancestry with a grain of salt. I usually do +/- 2 years instead of searching for exact years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back