FL FL - DeLand, Male Skeletal UP12776, 18-25, in Garbage Bag, Mar'14

Florida examination of human remains continues, no direct link to Heather Elvis found

It's still too soon to say whether or not the skeletal remains found last week in Florida are linked in any way to the Heather Elvis case, according to Florida investigators.

A spokesman for the Volusia County (Fla.) Sheriff's Office said Thursday it would be at least another week or two before any results are known.

"The Medical Examiner's Office hasn't concluded its investigation yet," Gary Davidson, spokesman for the sheriff's office, said via email Thursday. "And when they do, the remains may require additional analysis. For that reason, we still have no idea who they belong to and, therefore, haven't ruled anyone in or out as far as a possible ID."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_4ed58492-b6ba-11e3-b1bb-0017a43b2370.html

Has anyone heard any more on these remains found and if they are of a child or not?

Nope. Nothing

I like making lists so, in the meantime, I've just been compiling one of young people into a TextEdit file and organizing it by what circumstances they're missing under. Just so that, when more info comes out, there's an easy list to go through.

Florida examination of human remains continues, no direct link to Heather Elvis found

It's still too soon to say whether or not the skeletal remains found last week in Florida are linked in any way to the Heather Elvis case, according to Florida investigators.

A spokesman for the Volusia County (Fla.) Sheriff's Office said Thursday it would be at least another week or two before any results are known.

"The Medical Examiner's Office hasn't concluded its investigation yet," Gary Davidson, spokesman for the sheriff's office, said via email Thursday. "And when they do, the remains may require additional analysis. For that reason, we still have no idea who they belong to and, therefore, haven't ruled anyone in or out as far as a possible ID."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_4ed58492-b6ba-11e3-b1bb-0017a43b2370.html

This makes me think the remains are either really old or had something else done to them to make them hard to analyze.

Whenever a small female body is found anywhere in the southeast U.S., I think of Erica Lynn Parsons. I know it's unlikely and her family doesn't have connections to FL that I know of. (For those unfamiliar with the case, her adoptive parents claimed to have 'given' Erica to a relative who turned out to be entirely fictional. Just explaining why I'm mentioning the family's lack of connection to FL--if anyone hid her body it's probably them.)

How long does it take for a black trash bag to deteriorate? That might give us a clue as to when the bag was placed there.

ETA: Uh, never mind. The second I posted, I realized that we probably wouldn't be able to get a good estimate anyway because of weather, heat, animal/insect activity (especially if the remains were 'fresh' when they were put there), etc. Sorry about that.

How long does it take for a black trash bag to deteriorate? That might give us a clue as to when the bag was placed there.

ETA: Uh, never mind. The second I posted, I realized that we probably wouldn't be able to get a good estimate anyway because of weather, heat, animal/insect activity (especially if the remains were 'fresh' when they were put there), etc. Sorry about that.

Theoretically, 500 years. Even if we factor in the extreme environmental conditions, it could take a very long time. I'll try to find the links where I read that number awhile back.

Yeah, you're right, so many variables.

It also depends on what kind of black trash bag. If it's one of the large heavy duty "contractor" bags, it will last a lot longer than a plain kitchen bag. And there are some partly biodegradable bags on the the market today that start to break down much more quickly.

If something poked it to cause a rip or tear, that would let vegetation grow through much more easily.

Some kinds of vine or root poke through more easily than others. Invasive blackberry, for instance.

I was thinking about this today and wondering about something. If chemicals were used to hasten decomp, I suppose that could also cause the bag to deteriorate faster as well. Any one else have any thoughts on this?

Wasn't Caylee Anthony placed in a bag also. Sorry it's been awhile so I can't remember details. But if she was how long was she there? Didn't she have vegetation growing around her? Sorry if I'm way off. I get confused sometimes from reading to many cases. I just thought maybe that would give us a idea. And it was also in florida.

Wasn't Caylee Anthony placed in a bag also. Sorry it's been awhile so I can't remember details. But if she was how long was she there? Didn't she have vegetation growing around her? Sorry if I'm way off. I get confused sometimes from reading to many cases. I just thought maybe that would give us a idea. And it was also in florida.

Yes, Caylee was last seen in June, reported missing in July (31 days later) and was found in December, so 5-6 months. There were roots and vegetation growing through the bag and also through the skeleton itself if I remember correctly.

Yes, Caylee was last seen in June, reported missing in July (31 days later) and was found in December, so 5-6 months. There were roots and vegetation growing through the bag and also through the skeleton itself if I remember correctly.

That's what I thought also. So alot can change in a few short months. Peace to whoever this girl is. Heartbreaking!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back