Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

FL - Demetrius Clark for abandoning newborn, Jacksonville, 2009

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by KaylynnCouture, Oct 20, 2009.

1. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

Snipped from http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146968&catid=3

2. mae

mae New Member

I am [ETA: THANKFUL] that someone noticed something and called 911. I am happy the baby has been found alive, and hopefully, the baby will a family to love him/her.

What a weird place to leave a baby. Why that choice?

3. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

You were! oh my I don't know what I would do if I found a newborn in a trash can. I guess I'd do exactly what you did and call 911. Did you get a look at the girl?

4. Salem

Salem Former Member

Wow mae! I'm so glad you called 911. I don't know what I would do either momtective....

I'm so glad the baby is safe now. Kudos to you mae! May the angels smile upon you and that little one.

Salem

5. mae

mae New Member

Ack no I left out a key word!

I am GLAD. I am sorry! It was not me. I hope never to have to make a call like that. I am very thankful someone called. I echo your words to that person though.

6. KaylynnCouture

LOL Mae. It's ok that you left out a keyword :) We all make typos.

7. KaylynnCouture

JSO Searching For 911 Caller

Snipped from: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146968&catid=3

Photos and video at link.

8. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

If I saw someone place what looked like a baby into a trash can.........I'd go check it out myself....then I would seriously think about calling no one and keeping it;) long before I dialed 911

9. Oblio

Oblio Member

man who called is reportedly the father according to the above link.

10. zadari

zadari New Member

11. Capri

Capri New Member

"The father, Demetrius Clark, only identified himself as "Mr. Smith" when he made the call early Tuesday morning. He told the 911 dispatcher he saw a woman putting what appeared to be a baby in front of Greater Works Christian Ministries.

According to the report, the mother of the newborn is a 17-year-old runaway from New York. Clark told police she has been living with him for about a year. He also said he hadn't notified police that she was here because the teen and her mother didn't have a good relationship.

According to authorities, there was evidence that the teen has recently given birth.

Police notified the teen's mother that she was living in Jacksonville. The police report said Clark and the teen's mother used to date.

Clark was arrested and booked."
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146968&catid=3

There has to be more to this. Fla has "safe haven" laws where you can drop a baby off at fire stations, etc. Wonder how old the father is.

12. Capri

Capri New Member

13. Capri

Capri New Member

Knew there had to be more to this. So the father, is 37, having sex with the 17 year old runaway, and had her living with him, took the baby from the 17 year old mother moments after birth, went and put her in a trash can, then called 911, saying the mother did it.

14. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

what. the. fu@k...I feel sick :(

15. NordWoman

NordWoman New Member

Whats wrong whit people?Never heard of safe haven?Or leaving the baby in the hospital?And 37-year old"man"having sex whit 17-year old girl?So sick!
    My goodnes sake,it`s a BABY not some f***ing trash!

16. VespaElf

VespaElf Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)

I hate to add to the general feeling of disgust but if shes 17 now & he "used to date"the teen's Mother when do you think the "relationship"between him & the teen began?:sick:
    I wonder too WHEN she ran ran away-could it be AFTER discovering she was pregnant by this creature? I guess throwing the baby away was so he could try to hide the DNA proof.
    Im actually quite shocked he called 9-1-1(although if hed utilized the Safe Haven law "drop offs" he might not have gotten caught)!

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

DEMETRIUS LAMONT CLARK was sentenced in Duval County in July 2010 to 8 years for sex with a 16/ 17 year old, and 5 years for child neglect.

Current release date: 08/08/2016

CLARK-J42283.jpg

DEMETRIUS CLARK
    5'10"
    Date of birth:
    05/31/1972

DC number: J42283

Tattoos:
    TATTOO LEFT ARM CROSS BEATTLE PYRAMID FIGURES
    TATTOO RIGHT ARM EYE W/SWIRLS
    TATTOO RIGHT ARM MOOSEHEAD

http://bailbondcity.com/fldoc-inmate-CLARK/J42283