FL - Diana Ruiz, 43, & Kristine Melton, 35, murdered, Cape Coral, Oct 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've seen some creepy defendants, but this guy... they're showing the autopsy photos in court and he's just sitting there, watching, with a half smile on his face. Even without the tattoos it would be disturbing. Gives me the shivers :oops:
Yes, it very disturbing. He appears to enjoying the attention and reliving these horrific crimes via the testimony. I believe he's a psychopath. I hope they have a psychologist testify for the prosecution.

Closing arguments have been made, the jury is due to be given instructions from the judge momentarily and then they will begin deliberation.

Since WW has already admitted to the murders and the jury just got a graphic refresher of the confessions WW made to police only three days after the murders...Any bets on how long the jury will take to reach a verdict? Over/under 30 minutes?

DAILY TRIAL UPDATES​

DAY 3 – 6/12/24​

DAY 2 – 6/11/24​

The fate of Wade Wilson, who is accused of killing two Cape Coral women, now lies in the hands of the jury.

Stay tuned to WINKNEWS.com for a live stream of the jury delivering its verdict in a follow-up story.

Very little discussion here on WS on this case. I only just caught wind of this recently by accident watching Court TV. Can anyone tell me what took so long for this to go to trial? An occurrence from 2019, clearly open and shut, doesn't go to trial until 2024?

Very little discussion here on WS on this case. I only just caught wind of this recently by accident watching Court TV. Can anyone tell me what took so long for this to go to trial? An occurrence from 2019, clearly open and shut, doesn't go to trial until 2024?
In a word? Covid. Lots of case delays everywhere on lots of threads I follow. I just learned of this case also.

CAPE CORAL, Fla. (Court TV/Scripps News Fort Myers) — A Florida jury recommended a man be sentenced to death after convicting him of murdering two women.

Wilson’s formal sentencing is scheduled for July 23.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back