Deceased/Not Found FL - Dr. Chaundre Cross, 49, boat found off Sanibel Island, 9 August 2022

I wonder about surveillance cameras at both his home and the marina. What might he have taken with him on the boat? Did he visit the boat and not sail prior to the final trip?
My hinky-meter has been activated on MOO-mode.

Posted above:

Even MORE interesting is the case record (dockets)s show that the dissolution for marriage No 1 was reassigned to a different judge in July of 2022.

A divorce generally has at lest two steps, often 3 that I'm aware of -- the marriage itself & the division of property.

The marriage may have been severed legally while the division of property goes on.

If there are children, the divorce case may be open until the youngest is emancipated.

Looks to me that Dr. Cross trained for a lucrative career. The court may be dividing his future earnings?

Not direct knowledge of this case, just of some things that may keep a divorce case going for years.

jmho ymmv lrr
Thanks! That's why I asked others what they thought about the judge reassignment - I've been widowed (25 years ago, happily remarried) but not divorced so not sure how that all works.

I wonder if his family will keep searching. A 33’ foot boat is pretty big to handle alone. Did he normally go out alone?

What was the fuel level when the boat was found? Did it run out or was it anchored? Seems that type info could give them a timeline. Does the marina have a record of fuel purchases?

There's a lot more information if you open up the dockets for each case. Apparently, the wife that filed for divorce the day he went missing is wife #2. The dissolution from wife #1 was initiated in 2018 and it looks like she filed twice over two years. Even MORE interesting is the case record (dockets)s show that the dissolution for marriage No 1 was reassigned to a different judge in July of 2022. SO WAS HE STILL LEGALLY MARRIED TO WIFE #1 who is NOT the same woman as Wife #2? (I might just be reading that wrong, you all take a took). The battery charges which was noted in the post from above involves a girlfriend (not either spouse) and occurred in Nov. 2018. (under dockets for this case you can open the actual complaint) He had to enter batterers intervention and surrender his firearms (he stated he had none). ShowCase (select the "case search" at the top of the screen, you do NOT have to register to search). After reading his history, my thoughts went from self harm to faking his going missing, but that's only my opinion.
Divorce from wife #1 was finalized:
7304/25/20190Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage Recorded 2019-04-26 Instrument# 5703750
The case was reopened in 2021 by a request for a modification of the support amount. They went to mediation over the support order only on 7/29 and the settlement agreement was filed on 8/12.
The marriage license for the second wife was obtained 5/28/21.
*Source Collier County Clerk Case Search linked above

What if he was not the one who took the boat out? Did anyone see him leaving the dock?
Most marinas have security cameras 24/7 for insurance purposes. Believe me, a 33 foot boat/yacht would have a security system on board. Then there are alimony and child support issues to consider. I have watched specialty physicians be crushed by the weight of alimony payments. One closed his practice as she was drawing more in alimony payments than the practice could support in the long term. Just my thoughts.

Posted above:

Even MORE interesting is the case record (dockets)s show that the dissolution for marriage No 1 was reassigned to a different judge in July of 2022.

A divorce generally has at lest two steps, often 3 that I'm aware of -- the marriage itself & the division of property.

The marriage may have been severed legally while the division of property goes on.

If there are children, the divorce case may be open until the youngest is emancipated.

Looks to me that Dr. Cross trained for a lucrative career. The court may be dividing his future earnings?

Not direct knowledge of this case, just of some things that may keep a divorce case going for years.

jmho ymmv lrr
BBM int he original it state that divorce with minor children so I am assuming they probably had custody things going on. I feel every state keeps things a little different when it comes to records.

UPDATED: AUGUST 15, 2022 4:25 PM EDT
[...]
Cross’ father issued this statement clearly believing his son is dead.

“The unexpected loss of a family member leaves an indescribable void. Such a loss occurred to our family on Wednesday when Chaundre Cross went out on his boat and did not return,” Cross’ father said.

This is crazy. Dr Cross is my doctor and saved my life. I just can’t can’t see him voluntarily disappearing and walking away from his kids, though. I do hope he’s ok. I’m just stunned.
I am sorry you've lost your doctor. That's tough in so many ways.

I keep thinking his disappearance is "too clean" for lack of a better word or phrase. I can see why the family believes he's gone but there is a seed of doubt in my mind. There's always evidence but are they releasing it all? Maybe they did to the family.

Another update to this news article:
UPDATED: AUGUST 15, 2022 6:20 PM EDT
[...]
The original missing person’s report was released by the Collier County Sheriff’s Office and within that report, it said approximately two years ago Cross attempted to commit suicide and was admitted to the hospital for treatment.
[...]

August 16, 2022
[...]
"We were notified by Collier County of a missing person, and so we began searching Thursday morning for his vessel," Ayla Hudson, Petty Officer 1st Class, said. "We located the vessel Thursday afternoon, but Dr. Cross was not aboard."
Hudson said they then began with a person-in-the-water search.
[...]
"He very well could turn up somewhere else and still be alive," she said. "We don't know ... So that's why we suspend the search until we have, or if we get new information that would prompt us to look into it or search in a certain area again."
[...]

UPDATED AUGUST 16, 2022 1:54 PM
[...]
Cross’ employer, GenesisCare, issued a statement Aug. 16, noting he “served the Naples and Bonita Springs communities for more than 15 years.”
“We are deeply saddened by the presumed loss of our colleague, Dr. Chaundre Cross, following the U.S. Coast Guard’s announcement that it has suspended its search for him,” GenesisCare officials said.
“We extend our heartfelt sympathies to his family, friends and work colleagues.”

Judges are often reassigned as part of a standard rotation. I would not read anything more into the judge reassignment in June posted above - if it were for casue, there'd be a motion filed and you'd see the title of that document at least IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back