FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine you are in CT and you get a phone call. Your wife has been murdered. Your house is now a crime scene. You have two little girls and no place to take them home to...an office that has no manager because your wife is dead and you are in CT...and you have that sick feeling in your stomach that as a man...you were unable to protect her. It might take some time to put a plan together to get home because you are in shock.
In the mean time LS (who is not an employee and may not have been in the office that morning) puts up a account without checking with you first (she's just trying to be helpful).
One of your employees has had the traumatizing experience of going to your house and finding your wife dead. The other one SH calls you because now that your wife has been killed there is no one in charge and you are the office manager so she would be reporting in to you....she just wants to let you know she will hold down the fort, not to worry.

I'm in a seminar this week... but thought I'd drop in and throw a possibility into the mix...

BBM So, LS was trying to be helpful in setting up the but how did she know that the Sievers would need charity? Did she know their finances? What made her think that Mr. Sievers could not make enough money to put his daughters through college? There are college scholarships, grants and loans available. MOO

The clear answer for me would be to leave the kids with family while I go home and figure things out. It would have been terrible for the girls to come home only to have to stay somewhere other than their home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree and I think most people would react this way.I wouldn't be thinking of the practice or setting up a account. People in this case are acting very strange and that is probably why the sherrif said today it is a complicated case.

according to Sheriff website today
http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index&id=13744
Sherffs dept still working round the clock

Snip: " At the same time, a Sergeant with my office who is moonlighting as a candidate for Sheriff and who has absolutely nothing to do with the Sievers case appeared with local media and issued criticism of the agency from which she continues collecting a paycheck."

OK, that was unprofessional IMO.

Some background on the Sgt.: http://www.winknews.com/2015/06/30/race-for-lee-county-sheriff-heats-up/

Snip: " At the same time, a Sergeant with my office who is moonlighting as a candidate for Sheriff and who has absolutely nothing to do with the Sievers case appeared with local media and issued criticism of the agency from which she continues collecting a paycheck."

OK, that was unprofessional IMO.

Some background on the Sgt.: http://www.winknews.com/2015/06/30/race-for-lee-county-sheriff-heats-up/

First off I remember up post and early on,the sherrif did tell the public it was an isolated incident and there was no "madman on the loose".Secondly,people running for office will say just about anything to get elected JMO

The only reason I would need a plan is if I had other ducks to get in line before this murder hit the news. Think money, bank accounts, etc.

Also, the doctor had two brothers that had helped work on the alarm system before vacation, so they apparently lived close. My guess would be the girls would be more than welcome to stay in their homes during this nightmare.

It seems the less we hear, the more the facts known from the first few days fit together. Wonder what the hold up is in arresting someone?

I think there is some truth to everything be reported. Possibly after not answering her phone - someone drove over to her home and upon getting no answer to their knock they then called LE for a wellness check - still wondering why they would leave, however. I would stay until LE arrived.

RSBM

This still bugs me. If the driver of the tan truck "found" the doctor, how did they break the security code? How did they enter into the home? The truck was there at 9 and gone when cops appear. At 9, the office did not know the doctor was not coming into work because she had been murdered.

Then, later, the coworker from the office arrives to find CS tape cordoned off the home and the street. This person phones the office to explain this information and adds that police are everywhere. SH drives to the home and speaks to the Deputy/Sheriff who informs her that the doctor has passed.

We must somehow have incorrect information because the pieces does not fit together.

This still bugs me. If the driver of the tan truck "found" the doctor, how did they break the security code? How did they enter into the home? The truck was there at 9 and gone when cops appear. At 9, the office did not know the doctor was not coming into work because she had been murdered.

Then, later, the coworker from the office arrives to find CS tape cordoned off the home and the street. This person phones the office to explain this information and adds that police are everywhere. SH drives to the home and speaks to the Deputy/Sheriff who informs her that the doctor has passed.

We must somehow have incorrect inform

ation because the pieces does not fit together.

Why would the police tell SH the doctor had passed.She is not family.I am in LE and that is irresponsible of the patrolman if true.

Just speculating but if we know the home security alarm didn't go off when the murderer/intruder/etc entered the home and killed TS, I think it would be safe to say that the alarm would have remained off/disabled when the alleged coworker went to the house and found her body. Also, it is possible that they entered through the side door that had previously been jimmied open, that would have been easy enough................that being said, I was concerned about a coworker/friend/family member and I was concerned enough about them to show up at their home to check on them, if I came across a jimmied door/signs of a break-in/intrusion, there would be no way in the world that I would enter the home - for obvious safety reasons......instead I'd call 911 immediately and wait outside the home until they arrived.

Have to wonder though...........whoever this employee was.........you have to wonder if prior to going to her home they would have tried to reach hubby Mark on the phone to share that she hadn't shown up to work, not answering their calls (you'd think they'd naturally be calling both her cell phone and house phone) and were subsequently concerned.....at which point you'd think husband would tell them to go over to the house to check if she was there, perhaps he'd even give that person the code to the alarm. There are a lot of these little details we simply don't know in terms of how it all played out.

We must somehow have incorrect information because the pieces does not fit together.

I agree and I had commented on that some time ago. It just doesn't strike me as 'true' that, according to the nurse SH, that a sheriff on scene at the home would have divulged to her that the doctor was found inside dead. In fact, in all honesty, I can't even see how she would have managed to get close to the house given that the block was reportedly blocked off. It just doesn't have the ring of truth to me that LE would be giving out critical info like that to someone who wasn't an immediate family member..........particularly so early in the case when LE was likely trying to make sense of the crime scene, determine if a killer at large, etc etc.

I don't and never did buy 90% of the things the nurse alleged in her odd interview.

Why would the police tell SH the doctor had passed.She is not family.I am in LE and that is irresponsible of the patrolman if true.

I found the sheriff's words odd, odd indeed...and his words put some of those who met or knew Teresa in the uncomfortable position of wondering just what her killer did to her.
I feel hopeful that there will be movement this week as evidence mounts.
Teresa was a wonderful, funny, feisty person and I can't help but wonder if her humanitarian work might have pissed someone off. RIP

:welcome: Kitt!

Sounds like you may have known Teresa?

She sounds like a wonderful person...

I wasn't sure what to make of it tbh, but the one thing that really bothered me A LOT was the fact that she called Teresa's husband right away, or seemingly right away by how she told it, and that just floored me. No way no how would I reach out to anyone's spouse not knowing whether they'd been informed yet no matter how well I knew them. It just seems so insensitive to me - what if he hadn't been informed?

I agree...

It is a big responsibility to notify a person of a loved one's death...

The emotional and mental health must be considered... as there might be subsequent actions to take (i.e. driving a vehicle when emotionally charged can be dangerous.. etc....)

In this case... the fact that the husband was many states away... had children to consider... and a trip back home.. all would need to be taken in to account!

She seemed rather "familiar" with Mark... I would think she would refer to him as Mr. Sievers... or the doctor's husband, or ??? (Maybe I am just old-fashioned that way...)

All... JMO....

I agree and I had commented on that some time ago. It just doesn't strike me as 'true' that, according to the nurse SH, that a sheriff on scene at the home would have divulged to her that the doctor was found inside dead. In fact, in all honesty, I can't even see how she would have managed to get close to the house given that the block was reportedly blocked off. It just doesn't have the ring of truth to me that LE would be giving out critical info like that to someone who wasn't an immediate family member..........particularly so early in the case when LE was likely trying to make sense of the crime scene, determine if a killer at large, etc etc.

I don't and never did buy 90% of the things the nurse alleged in her odd interview.

The only possible way her statements would make sense to me would be if she arrived at the scene and called the husband BEFORE speaking to LE. At that point she might say "I don't know what's going on, but the block is closed off by police and there is crime scene tape around the house" and the husband might say "let me talk to a LEO". If she then approached an officer and said she had the homeowner on the phone they might verify his identity and then tell him what had happened. jmo

I never got the impression that the nurse had called and told husband MS that his wife had passed. I got the impression from the interview with her (nurse), and here is excerpt from that interview, that husband had already been aware that wife had been killed at the point that she'd called him. I see nothing in that interview where she is the one to TELL HIM that his wife was killed:

"On Monday, the doctor failed to show. Hoskins knew something was wrong.

"The phone rang. The girl in the front office picked it up and said there's crime tape. Her block is taped off, and there's police everywhere," said Hoskins.

Hoskins immediately drove to the doctor's home and spoke with a deputy.

"He said she's passed," said Hoskins. "I called Mark, and I said I know what's going, but I don't know what's going on. He was hysterical."

"I said where are you. He said I'm on my way home. I said Mark I'm headed back to the office to take care of things."

That's exactly what Hoskins did. Her first instinct as a care provider was to care for her patients. "

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29475659...bonita-springs-doctor-speaks-out#.VaTDJ7Vr1bI

*If* it is in fact true that a sheriff on the scene did divulge to the nurse that Dr S had been killed, it's very likely the first question from the nurse would be "has anyone notified her husband?" at which point the sheriff could have advised her that yes, Dr S's husband had been notified..........so that when she called him that's why she said "I know what's going on" and she was aware that he had been aware as well. JMO.

I agree...

It is a big responsibility to notify a person of a loved one's death...

The emotional and mental health must be considered... as there might be subsequent actions to take (i.e. driving a vehicle when emotionally charged can be dangerous.. etc....)

In this case... the fact that the husband was many states away... had children to consider... and a trip back home.. all would need to be taken in to account!

She seemed rather "familiar" with Mark... I would think she would refer to him as Mr. Sievers... or the doctor's husband, or ??? (Maybe I am just old-fashioned that way...)

All... JMO....

So he told her was 'on his way home'? And it took him 2 days?

This will probably be my only posting on this forum, but some things need to be clarified. A friend directed me to this forum as it concerns people I know and love. (Having seen one of Teresa's patients log on here after being "verified" by an admin I am not sure what the process is on this site, but I welcome the verification process regarding my connection.) I just spent time reading all of the posts across the two threads. Not only do friends read these forums, but family does as well. Everyone is looking for answers.

Things to note:

* Many of you are using secondary sources as if they are providing truth. I understand that these sources provide "information" but there are instances when this information is simply not true. Case is point -- Mark DID arrive home with the girls and other family from CT on Monday, the day of the murder. They flew in that afternoon. Other family arrived from CT and the tri-state area throughout the week.

* Family did not set up the donation page for a million dollars. While I am sure there were noble reasons for setting up the page, this was not something the family had requested. IMO, the current set up of the page is what would have initially been set up had anyone in the family been in the frame of mind to do that.

* Two weeks have gone by and we are feeling no closer to a resolution.

Thanks for letting me rant a bit --

Concerned in Connecticut

This will probably be my only posting on this forum, but some things need to be clarified. A friend directed me to this forum as it concerns people I know and love. (Having seen one of Teresa's patients log on here after being "verified" by a admin I am not sure what the process is on this site, but I welcome the verification process regarding my connection.) I just spent time reading all of the posts across the two threads. Not only do friends read these forums, but family does as well. Everyone is looking for answers.

Things to note:

* Many of you are using secondary sources as if they are providing truth. I understand that these sources provide "information" but there are instances when this information is simply not true. Case is point -- Mark DID arrive home with the girls and other family from CT on Monday, the day of the murder. They flew in that afternoon. Other family arrived from CT and the tri-state area throughout the week.

* Family did not set up the donation page for a million dollars. While I am sure there were noble reasons for setting up the page, this was not something the family had requested. IMO, the current set up of the page is what would have initially been set up had anyone in the family been in the frame of mind to do that.

* Two weeks have gone by and we are feeling no closer to a resolution.

Thanks for letting me rant a bit --

Concerned in Connecticut

You are in our prayers. God Bless.

Duntulum, We are all very frustrated that there hasn't been an arrest. Dr. Sievers was a beautiful woman that did amazing good with her life. I can't imagine the loss felt by family and friends. It breaks my heart.

Sometimes we run with the misinformation that the media throws out. We are trying to find justice for victims in any little morsel of information that we learn. We will continue to pray for those that love Teresa. We are so very sorry for you loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects