Found Deceased FL - Enrique Cortez-Duban, 6, Panama City Beach, 5 July 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by BayouBelle_LA, Jul 5, 2021.

1. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida Missing Child Alert has been issued for a 6-year-old boy out of Panama City Beach.

According to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Enrique Cortez-Duban was last seen wearing a teal shirt with a wave on it and blue shorts in the area of the 9900 block of South Thomas Drive.

Cortez-Duban is described as a white-Hispanic boy who is 3 feet 9 inches tall, weighs 50 pounds, has brown hair and brown eyes. Officials say the 6-year-old also has a large mole on his back.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of this child please contact the Panama City Beach Police Department at 850-233-5000 or 911.

Missing child alert issued for 6-year-old boy from Panama City Beach | WFLA

2. BayouBelle_LA

Search ongoing hours after 6-year-old boy disappeared in Panama City Beach

PANAMA CITY BEACH — Approximately 80 first responders are now searching for a 6-year-old boy who disappeared in Panama CIty Beach Monday afternoon.
    (…)

“Our hearts are with the family,” PCB Police Chief Eusebio "J.R." Talamantez said during an update on the search Monday evening. “This is just a traumatic experience … I just want to say we’re going to do everything we can. Our primary job is to save lives and that’s what we’re hoping to do.”

3. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Google Maps

Was Enrique on vacation with his family? The 9900 block looks to be vacation rentals and hotels. Hope they find him safe!!!

4. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

Oh I hope that he just wandered too far and is lost.

watcher9, mommadukes, kimpage and 5 others like this.
  5. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

6. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

7. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

I am confused as to whether he was swimming in the ocean or just playing in the area when he disappeared. Wish we had more details.

8. BayouBelle_LA

6-year-old missing in Panama City Beach, police ask for photos, videos

Police are asking people to check photographs and videos taken in the area between Majestic Beach Resort and Boardwalk Beach Resort, especially around Pineapple Willy’s between 11:15 am. and 1 p.m. on Monday, July 5th. If you have photos, submit to PCBPD Cyber Tips

Enrique Cortez-Dubon: PCB police seek public aid in search for missing boy

The family, which arrived to the Beach Saturday and planned to stay one week, realized Enrique was missing Monday at about noon.

9. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

Realized he was missing? As in lost track of him?

10. Allynator

Allynator Well-Known Member

And a storm is headed that way.....

watcher9, mommadukes, KatzEye and 3 others like this.
  11. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

There is a FB setup for him under his full name. I don't know if it can be posted here. There are answers to some of these questions from family and friends. IMO

watcher9, windrower, nao and 4 others like this.
  12. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

The boy was last seen at approximately 1120 local in the water wearing a teal shirt and blue shorts.

watcher9, savagewoman, nao and 11 others like this.
  13. abr

abr Well-Known Member

Last seen at 11:20 in the water and police aren't called until 2:45? Am I reading that right? Ugh.

14. ReillyElizabeth

ReillyElizabeth Well-Known Member

Where did you see that the police were called at 2:45? I see at the link above that the police contacted the coast guard at 2:49, but not sure when the police were called. In any event, the most likely scenario is that this little boy was pulled out by a rip current. We have vacationed just west of that area my whole life, and rip currents are common there, and lethal if you don't know what to do (which any six year old wouldn't). The area has been under red flag warnings a lot lately due to rip currents. I hope they find him, but I'm not hopeful for a happy ending here. Such a sad situation.

15. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

This is so heartbreaking. Panama City is a couple hours from me so my feed has been full of shares on FB. Also, speaking of how bad the rip currents are, there was an article a couple days ago about a family who didn't know that double red flags means no swimming and the man lost his wife/mother to his kids even though she was a strong swimmer. I wish hotels/condos would provide info on flag meanings and how to spot rip currents and what to do if you end up in one. Of course, for a child this may not matter, but could assist parents.

16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Did he have a life vest on? What a nightmare, so he was swimming on the last seen sighting?

17. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  18. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

I suspect a wave or a shark.:/

watcher9, mommadukes and PommyMommy like this.
  19. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Panama City Beach - Government on Twitter
    PCB Beach Rescue resume search efforts this morning for a missing 6-year-old boy from the Atlanta area. The entire length of the island is being searched.
    [​IMG]
    5:12 AM · Jul 6, 2021

Panama City Beach - Government on Twitter
    If you were on the east end of the beach between Majestic Beach Resort and Boardwalk Beach Resort Monday, July 5 between 11:15 a.m. and 1 p.m., check your video and photos for images of this missing child. Wearing teal shirt and blue shorts. Upload here: https://form.jotform.com/211863209787061
    [​IMG]
    6:21 AM · Jul 6, 2021

Panama City Beach Police Department | Facebook
    Here is an updated photo of Enrique who has been missing since Monday. He is about 3 feet tall and has a birthmark on his lower back. He has prominent ears and goes by the nickname Richalo which is pronounced neechiro.
    Anyone who has seen this child please call 911.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  20. Unsolved

Unsolved Well-Known Member

AFAIK we can point people to it but can't discuss the contents here - but I could be wrong (again).

Facebook Groups