GUILTY FL - Fred Laster, 16, found dismembered, Lake City, 5 June 1994 *youth pastor arrest*

It is illegal for a suspect to profit from their crimes while incarcerated. That even goes as far as this letter. As Jaxbeach said, I doubt Hyde has profited from the letter; but it's still pretty sick that this occurred while everything is still ongoing.

A fun fact however is that even though suspects can't profit from their crimes, the person that they have been in communication with MAY cut a check to the suspect under the guise that it is canteen money; but in reality it's a royalty check.

There is a case in the news out of Naples Fl., about a 58 year old named Stephen W. Chase, in relation to a very large website that exchanged child *advertiser censored* among pedophiles.

It seems they have been working this case since 2014. Almost 900 arrests have been made and almost 300 kids have been identified and or rescued. 368 of the suspected perps arrested were outside the US. Various articles indicate TOR browsers and dark web addresses and the like were involved. Apparently Interpol was the first to discover the ip address and shared it with US authorities.

Seeing the timing of this Chase case makes me wonder if this might not be connected with in some way with the International Exploitation suspicion that the FBI has mentioned regarding RH.

I had seen off the wall type of news videos a while back on youtube quoting unnamed sources, as is typical, mentioning that a massive amount of pedophile arrests would be seen in the near future, I hope that this latest is only the tip of a massive iceberg toward cleaning up this scourge, and rescuing kids and preventing more from being hurt or killed.

Funny, I was actually getting ready to write about the possible connection on the website! It is very peculiar considering it was an international investigation. Considering Hyde was "named" as a person of interest in an "international child exploitation investigation", it leads me to conclude that the FBI thinks Hyde was involved in this investigation. Also noted is that child *advertiser censored* was found on his laptop....possibly he recieved the *advertiser censored* from the darknet site Stephen Chase was involved in?

The possibilities at this point are endless!

BREAKING: HYDE'S LAWYER ASKS FOR CONTINUANCE!
​ BY JASON FUTCH; 4/15/17 (From the Lake City John Doe Website)
Ronnie Hyde's lawyer Anne Finnel asked for a continuance involving the case of the murder of 16-year-old Fred Laster. Judge Angela Cox granted the motion, and also providing a date of June 19th, when Hyde and Finnel return to court for another pretrial hearing. Asking for a continuance only delays the trial process.

​If found guilty for the murder of Fred Laster, Hyde could be looking at life in prison. An additional 180 years could be docked on because of his pending charges on child *advertiser censored*; news after the FBI announced last month that Hyde had child sexual abuse images on his computer and would be formally charged with twelve counts of child *advertiser censored*.

More information will be provided as it happens.​

BREAKING!!!! RONNIE HYDE'S HOME HAS BEEN DEMOLISHED!!!

Accused murderer of Fred Laster, Ronnie Hyde, just had his home demolished! I will keep everyone posted on these breaking developments as they happen. In the meantime, here is a photo!
DBKEJHfXoAEVMm9.jpg

how was he allowed to do that? man LE needs to get a warrant and search that rubble.

It doesn't sound like it was done in secret. I'm sure LE was done with it

News coverage reports that permission to demolish was requested from authorities be representatives of the Hyde family.

It seems this demolition is not directly related to the code enforcement issues, but rather a part of selling the property.

In reality, the large corner lot only 8-9 blocks from the ocean is worth more with the home removed.

The LEOs we're more than likely done with the home when it was boarded up after their search.

Another item was tagged onto some of the house demolition coverage.

The lawyer repping RH, is trying to get the child *advertiser censored* charges separated from the murder charge.

I was wondering about this since the 12 child *advertiser censored* charges came out.

It will be hard to get out of those being they apparently found images and or videos on his electronic devices, and or media.

The murder charges might be harder to get a guilty charge on unless they have some evidence other than the shirt etc.

It would seem to be two different cases as the defender is claiming, being they took place decades apart.

The *advertiser censored* charges alone could get him some many years in prison.

I was glad to read that RH's representatives are initiating the demolition. It would be a bad thing for a suspects home to be demolished by authorities before a conviction. I am stating this in support of the rule of law, and constitution , not out of sympathy in this particular case.

​As Hyde's Home Comes Down, Lawyer Asks for the Two Charges to be Tried Separately
By Jason Futch (FROM THE LAKE CITY JOHN DOE WEBSITE)

Early last week, Ron Hyde's longtime Jacksonville Beach home was demolished by a wrecking crew. The site was already deemed unfit and unsanitary to live in per the city code enforcement, and considered the property condemned. As the site was coming down, neighbors were pleased with the demolishing of "Freddy Kreuger's Home" according to one of his longtime neighbors.
As the house was coming down, a foul stench was filling the air, due to the poor condition that Hyde had kept the house in for many years. It was reported that the house had absolutely no water and that he was using his bathtub as a toilet. Walking into his home also gave way to heavily foul stenches. There was a rumor circulating in the last month that Hyde had owned two Greyhound dogs and that he allowed them to use the bathroom in his house.
According to reports, Hyde's family had requested the house be demolished and that the property had been sold since Hyde was arrested for the 1994 murder of the Lake City John Doe, 16 year old Fred Laster.

As the house went down, Ann Finell was at the courthouse; attempting to work with the Duval County Sheriffs Office to get the charges Hyde faces, tried separately. Ann Finell, who is considered a 'celebritourney' by some, was chosen by Hyde to represent him in the upcoming trial for murder and child *advertiser censored*.
Finell asked for the charges to be tried separately due to the charges arising from two different decades: the murder charges stemming from the 1994 murder, and the child *advertiser censored* charges stemming from the 2017 arrest and search of his home.

Currently, Hyde is scheduled to make an appearance at the Duval County Courthouse for a second pre-trial hearing on June 19th. If convicted, Hyde faces a life sentence. and 30 years for each child *advertiser censored* charge.

P.S. Today marks 23 years of Fred Laster's murder and discovery by Rebecca Hunt. Observe a moment of silence for the Laster family today.

Another item was tagged onto some of the house demolition coverage.

The lawyer repping RH, is trying to get the child *advertiser censored* charges separated from the murder charge.

I was wondering about this since the 12 child *advertiser censored* charges came out.

It will be hard to get out of those being they apparently found images and or videos on his electronic devices, and or media.

The murder charges might be harder to get a guilty charge on unless they have some evidence other than the shirt etc.

It would seem to be two different cases as the defender is claiming, being they took place decades apart.

The *advertiser censored* charges alone could get him some many years in prison.

I was glad to read that RH's representatives are initiating the demolition. It would be a bad thing for a suspects home to be demolished by authorities before a conviction. I am stating this in support of the rule of law, and constitution , not out of sympathy in this particular case.

In my opinion, what I think will happen is that Hyde will get what he wants out of this by separating the two cases. As mentioned, the *advertiser censored* showed up in the home during their search warrant. Because it was discovered this year, it should be tried under current law, unlike the Laster case which will be tried under 1994 Florida Law under the Lawton Chiles/AG Bob Buttersworth administration.

Its been a few days but I finally got around to writing up a news report on the demolition and the recent court move from Ann Finell. Soon, I'll be working on an essay about the potential connection between Ron Hyde and Stephen Chase.

Re the greyhounds:

Being a JB resident, I know people from all round the beach. One was RHs dog sitter for many years. Seems he took pretty decent care of the dogs. Took them to vet regularly, bought first rate veterenary brands of food, walked them regularly, in the neighborhood and at the beach had a fenced yard to run in even if the grass was too high. He even had a window unit installed to keep their bedroom cool when his Central AC was not working and waiting a repair. A hard floor was put in to replace carpet to help with keeping dog hair etc better under control after second dog was adopted.

It might also be another indication that the 12 years without water is inaccurate. In addition to the consistent intermittent sprinkler in the yard that was associated with the central AC system, and the presence of a well and pump on the property, the dog sitter recalls water in the home more recently than the 12 years being reported.

I would think it best to separate the charges. Not all child *advertiser censored* viewers are murderers, despite their crime being vile, why put them together and risk convicting on neither. If the two are connected and the murder prosecution fails, he could walk on it all.

Hyde is waiving his right to a speedy trial according to today's report from his hearing. I'm hoping to get some time and update the website shortly with a story. I'm still working on an essay about his child *advertiser censored* charges I think everyone will like to read. Stay tuned!

Ron Hyde Waived Right to Speedy Trial! What Next?
ALSO: MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS IN A LAKE CITY MISSING PERSONS CASE
(FROM LAKE CITY JOHN DOE WEBSITE)

By Jason Futch

Ron Hyde stood before a judge on June 19th at the Duval County Courthouse. While in court, Hyde maintained his innocence and also waived his right to a speedy trial. With this move, it could take well over a year before this case sees a grand jury.

There were a lot of questions that were raised prior to the hearing in June. One was the competency of two potential state witnesses that will be called forward during the trial: former Medical Examiner Margarita Arruza and a former homicide detective with the Columbia County Sheriffs Office; who is sitting in prison on charges during his time working for the state.

However helpful that may be to Ron Hyde's defense; it still will not level his chances of walking out a free man. He still has a slew of state witnesses to tend to; two of them being Det. Jimmy Watson of the CCSO and Calvin Fenner, a retired detective with the Sheriffs Office. He also has to contend with charges of Child *advertiser censored* that was found in his home on media devices. And perhaps finally, he has to explain why DNA of his showed up at the crime scene and why was his Chevy Camaro seen at the dumpsite the morning that Rebecca Hunt discovered Fred Laster's remains.

As the investigation continues, it is likely the evidence will stack up against Hyde and a criminal conviction will be handed down. If Hyde is found guilty of all charges, he faces life in prison with no parole.

***LAKE CITY MISSING PERSON UPDATE***

On June 28th, 2013 Sommer Jean Dowda was reported missing by her father Geunter Dowda; reporting that she was last seen in the Ruskin Avenue area of Lake City, FL and may have been with a person of interest.

After leads and tips came through to the Columbia County Sheriffs Office, some tracing her to states such as New York and Arizona, a hot lead came in yesterday. The lead pinpointed her to Plattsburgh, New York; where she has been living a vagabond lifestyle since her disappearance. She had been traveling the United States frequently.

After a while and phone calls to the Sheriffs Office, Sommer realized I was researching her case and reached out to me. She is currently attempting to resolve this report with the missing persons unit of the CCSO and was also aware of a Facebook post I made in an attempt to reach out to her family. Based on CCSO Report, her case had not been active since June 1st, 2016.

We can wrap up our research on the case and say that this was a huge success, thanks in part to people who shared the Facebook post and also those who reached out to me to submit their tips. Job well done!

Until next time!

I wanted to take a quick second to share with followers a new essay I have uploaded to the LCJD Website. It is about the possible connection between Ronnie Hyde and Stephen W. Chase, the predator that was recently sentenced to 30 years in prison for operating Playpen, the Dark Net Child *advertiser censored* Trading site that he and two others ran. I state quick facts on the Playpen investigation for those who are entirely unfamiliar with the case. I also make my case on why I believe Hyde was involved in Playpen.

It just seems pretty obvious due to the timeframe of everything playing out.

Here is the link. I have listed it under a new tab 'Special Reports': http://lakecityjohndoe.weebly.com/special-reports.html

Seems RH had another court appearance. They are as expected Conti ueing to request that the *advertiser censored* charges be separated from murder charges. It seems like this would serve all parties.

The family of the victim are requesting that the remaining s be released from evidence. While I can understanding wanting to finalize the final rest for those remains, so the family can have closure and Continue on from this tragedy and loss, a while longer might be for the best.

In the event of a mistrial it would seem optimum for the victims family to have all evidence available until a conviction.

I saw in the news recently where a trial went to mistrial because a juror brought outside legal materials to influence the jurors and caused a mistrial.

Seems RH had another court appearance. They are as expected Conti ueing to request that the *advertiser censored* charges be separated from murder charges. It seems like this would serve all parties.

The family of the victim are requesting that the remaining s be released from evidence. While I can understanding wanting to finalize the final rest for those remains, so the family can have closure and Continue on from this tragedy and loss, a while longer might be for the best.

In the event of a mistrial it would seem optimum for the victims family to have all evidence available until a conviction.

I saw in the news recently where a trial went to mistrial because a juror brought outside legal materials to influence the jurors and caused a mistrial.

Thanks for the information @Jaxbeach! I was notified of this when it broke yesterday, which compelled me to write a followup article on my website that I am about to post here.

In regards to the child *advertiser censored* charges, based on VERY confidential information I received, I am thinking it will be highly unlikely this happens. That is really all I can say about that; however I do ask that when the trial begins to pay close attention to the child *advertiser censored* charges because it is going to be a twister.

In regards to the torso, why should the ME continue to have possession of the torso when everything has been done like photographs, blood samples taken, police reports, etc? There is no way that the state should continue to hold the torso because it has no value to the state from this point. You can read more of my thoughts on this with the upcoming post. All this does is revictimize the family.

THE CASE FOR FREDDY'S REMAINS
By Jason Futch
(From the Lake City John Doe Website)

As we continue to follow the updates regarding Ronnie Hyde’s potential trial, a new call to action began in the courtroom by prosecutors: release Fred Laster’s preserved torso to the family.
​
On August 20th, 2017, prosecutors during the pretrial hearing for Ronnie Leon Hyde (who just turned 61) called for Fred Laster’s remains to be released to the grieving family so he can be laid to rest. Doing so would also begin the next phase of the healing process for the family. Though the judge will take it into consideration, the likelihood of this happening may not be as good as we may think.
Because the torso will bring to light the severity of the crime, it is planned to be used for state’s evidence against Hyde, as well as expected testimonies from many key players in this investigation. But the real question to keep in mind is what would a physical torso do for this trial when there were extensive photographs taken of it?

As we covered in the original story about this case, blood testing was done on the torso and an extensive observation followed by famed pathologist Dr. William Maples. Then-sheriff of Columbia County, Tom Tramel, announced that over the counter medication was the only thing found in the blood test and that there was no indication that Laster was a smoker, drug addict or drinker. With that said, why does the state need his torso?

Dr. Maples covered a lot of ground regarding the damage to the torso. He went into detail where the dismemberments occurred, and also ruled out saw damage; stating the damage was caused by clean cuts from a kitchen knife. Additionally, Dr. Margarita Arruza performed an autopsy on the torso and made her rulings and recommendations. With that said, why does the state need his torso?
There has been no recorded trial where the physical body of someone was wheeled out in front of a judge, jury, witness, defendant and observers to prove that they were murdered. In fact, it would bring a morbid shock value to the courtroom if this ever happened (I don’t speak for other countries as I don’t have on-hand information about them; but I am certain that this hasn’t been the case in America). Would the state want to re-vicitmize the family by continuing to withhold Fred Laster’s body from them? At this point, it sounds like it’s better to the state than letting Hyde walk away scott-free.

But what is really at stake is the fact that the torso has been sitting in a freezer in the Duval County Medical Examiner’s Office for over 23 years. After 23 years, what good is it to keep the torso? If the state has an idea why they should keep it, they should make their case to the family very clearly, and it better be a good one. Otherwise, there is no reason why the state should maintain Fred’s torso any longer.

In Trayvon Martin’s case, they did not need to keep his body for state’s evidence. In Caylee Anthony’s case, they did not need to keep her body for state’s evidence. The Bundy victims, The Green River Killer’s victims, I can go on and on. None of their bodies never had to be kept for state’s evidence. So why this case?

Isn’t it time to allow the Laster family to close out one chapter of their lives by bringing Freddy home? Isn’t it time for Freddy to be laid to rest beside the rest of his family that preceded or followed him in death? The family says yes, but the state says maybe? How about a resounding yes! The state should have collected all the evidence it needed with photographs, technology and reports that law enforcement generated over a span of 23 years, so give Freddy back to the family and let him rest in peace!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back