FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I recall, Sigfredo called KM soon after the murder happened. While they drove out at regular speed. Rivera also said he saw Wendi walking by. I think he was confused, high, and on an adrenaline rush. I don’t believe Wendi was at the scene and I don’t see any way for KM to know it was done THAT quickly. It’s normal for witnesses to be confused, infer things or be just plain wrong for whatever reason. There’s no way Rivera’s memory was accurate about everything he testified to and these are the 2 areas that didn’t make sense to me.

Another possibility: KM says "I know" not because she actually knows but because she's receiving the call they've all been expecting and Sigfredo says "It's done". So perhaps her "I know" is almost reflexive, as if to nervously say "Ok."

From what I recall, Sigfredo called KM soon after the murder happened. While they drove out at regular speed. Rivera also said he saw Wendi walking by. I think he was confused, high, and on an adrenaline rush. I don’t believe Wendi was at the scene and I don’t see any way for KM to know it was done THAT quickly. It’s normal for witnesses to be confused, infer things or be just plain wrong for whatever reason. There’s no way Rivera’s memory was accurate about everything he testified to and these are the 2 areas that didn’t make sense to me.
IIRC - The purported sighting of Wendi was "the day before the killing."

Rivera contends that while scoping out Markel’s house the day before the killing, a woman with two young children was walking on Trescott, looking suspiciously at their car, and then getting on the phone. Rivera asked Garcia, “Why is she looking at the car like that?” to which Garcia replied, “It’s her — it’s the lady,” referring to who Garcia told Rivera had hired them because she “wanted her kids back.” Cappleman asked Rivera to clarify that he believed “the lady” to be Wendi Adelson, and Rivera affirmed.

Extended timeline of key dates in the Dan Markel murder case
  • July 16, 2014 — Police say suspects Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera travel to Tallahassee from North Miami based on cellphone records, surveillance footage and car rental information.
  • July 17, 2014 — Police say suspects arrive in Tallahassee just after midnight, according to cell phone records. Records also indicated that phones are in the vicinity of Markel’s home, according to TPD. Unknown witness says he rents motel room for Garcia and Riviera on N. Monroe Street.
  • July 18, 2014Dan Markel shot in the head in the garage of his Betton Hills home around 11 a.m. Pronounced dead at a hospital in the area later that day.

IIRC - The purported sighting of Wendi was "the day before the killing."

Rivera contends that while scoping out Markel’s house the day before the killing, a woman with two young children was walking on Trescott, looking suspiciously at their car, and then getting on the phone. Rivera asked Garcia, “Why is she looking at the car like that?” to which Garcia replied, “It’s her — it’s the lady,” referring to who Garcia told Rivera had hired them because she “wanted her kids back.” Cappleman asked Rivera to clarify that he believed “the lady” to be Wendi Adelson, and Rivera affirmed.

Extended timeline of key dates in the Dan Markel murder case
  • July 16, 2014 — Police say suspects Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera travel to Tallahassee from North Miami based on cellphone records, surveillance footage and car rental information.
  • July 17, 2014 — Police say suspects arrive in Tallahassee just after midnight, according to cell phone records. Records also indicated that phones are in the vicinity of Markel’s home, according to TPD. Unknown witness says he rents motel room for Garcia and Riviera on N. Monroe Street.
  • July 18, 2014Dan Markel shot in the head in the garage of his Betton Hills home around 11 a.m. Pronounced dead at a hospital in the area later that day.
Thank you for the clarification!

I still feel like they didn’t see Wendi. They don’t know what she looks like. I don’t believe there was any evidence that Sigfredo had met Wendi. I think they were paranoid and making an assumption.

Thank you for the clarification!

I still feel like they didn’t see Wendi. They don’t know what she looks like. I don’t believe there was any evidence that Sigfredo had met Wendi. I think they were paranoid and making an assumption.
See Dr. Obed's deposition. He claims Charlie threw parties at their shared apartment where KM,SG,WA, and DM attended at the same time. Its therefore possible Garcia would be able to identify Wendi on sight.

See Dr. Obed's deposition. He claims Charlie threw parties at their shared apartment where KM,SG,WA, and DM attended at the same time. Its therefore possible Garcia would be able to identify Wendi on sight.
Hm please point me towards this depo. It’s very hard for me to believe that KM would take Sigfredo to one of Charlie’s parties. Harder still to believe he would go.

Sorry if this is obvious, but where can I find this deposition? Thanks!

Hm please point me towards this depo. It’s very hard for me to believe that KM would take Sigfredo to one of Charlie’s parties. Harder still to believe he would go.

Seems to me the only reference to "Dr Obed's depo" online is a parody(?) or re-enactment featuring Mentour Lawyer as Dr. Jerome Obed, and Judy as the lawyers dated last August.

I agree -- don't see the convicted trio ever partying together with the Adelsons et al. JMO

Seems to me the only reference to "Dr Obed's depo" online is a parody(?) or re-enactment featuring Mentour Lawyer as Dr. Jerome Obed, and Judy as the lawyers dated last August.

I agree -- don't see the convicted trio ever partying together with the Adelsons et al. JMO
Most of the video is parody, but Mentour scrolls through the actual depo transcript at the end. Obed mentions that KM brought SG to his office holiday party and that CA may have also randomly been there. Nothing terribly clear one way or the other.

Didn’t Georgia Cappleman question Wendi’s almost-framed boyfriend, JL, about a dinner outdoors at a restaurant (in South Beach?) with KM, Charlie, and Wendi? Didn’t she ask about how long it took Charlie to get back to the house after the dinner was over? Was there a discussion about seeing others in parking lot? Seemed to tie back to Rivera being asked about being out with SG out one night (believe this was second KM trial) and seeing Charlie, KM, and Wendi at outdoor meal? Setting the stage ? May not be remembering correctly though. This may be where SG and others saw some of the people, but not DM.

Looks like Charlie will be without a boat when he gets sent up the river...the vessel that Katie demanded from Charlie is too big for his house. Ft. Laud imposed fine/filed a lien for violating the following ordinance: "Vessels docked at or moored to private docks or by mooring pilings shall not extend into a waterway more than thirty-three (33) percent of the width of the waterway measured from the recorded property line."

Attachments

• CA Lien.pdf
    248.1 KB · Views: 39
An interesting take on the value of KM's proffer and how it may or may not be used by the state.
Good find. Thanks for posting.

I remember back in the earlier days of this case, lots of commentators (the majority?) didn't believe Wendi was involved. One of WA's attorneys even made some statements warning commenters in this space (and elsewhere) about speculating along these lines lest there be some repercussions. Now it seems like it's just an accepted fact - with Youtubers like this openly declaring his belief in WA's culpability.

Good find. Thanks for posting.

I remember back in the earlier days of this case, lots of commentators (the majority?) didn't believe Wendi was involved. One of WA's attorneys even made some statements warning commenters in this space (and elsewhere) about speculating along these lines lest there be some repercussions. Now it seems like it's just an accepted fact - with Youtubers like this openly declaring his belief in WA's culpability.

Yeah I think her attorney scared people like David Lat early on, but now, especially after her disastrous testimony in the second trial, she seems fair game. I mean who is she gonna sue for defamation? The entire internet? When she's been named a potential co-conspirator?

Looks like Charlie will be without a boat when he gets sent up the river...the vessel that Katie demanded from Charlie is too big for his house. Ft. Laud imposed fine/filed a lien for violating the following ordinance: "Vessels docked at or moored to private docks or by mooring pilings shall not extend into a waterway more than thirty-three (33) percent of the width of the waterway measured from the recorded property line."
I must admit, this amused the heck out of me. Sounds like a Charlie - just go ahead and buy the biggest boat on the block, jam it into the waterway, make everyone's boating life a miserable chore, THEN find out the hard way that its illegal.

I wonder if KM offered evidence that Wendi and Donna are involved and this is one of the reasons he wants it sealed? Has CA and his attorney seen any of the proffer interviews yet?
The motion states that they haven't seen the proffer yet but expect that it will be produced by the State soon. Rashbaum argues that it should be sealed regardless of content to prevent tainting the jury pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong