FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On page 13 there's a record of a meeting at Matsuri listed right under the record of the meeting at Dolce Vita. Anyone know what it's of?
The transcript from the KM/SG pre-trial motions hearing indicates that it was a meeting between CA and HA, and that Cappleman agreed not to introduce the recording into evidence.

Anybody see the FanciFiction YTs released today?
One has CA saying he has "a ton guns."
With that nugget, and knowing CA had been anticipating being visited upon and had stated he was willing to defend himself, LE must have gone in with overwhelming force.
Do we still not have any info on how his arrest at his home went down?
I imagine early am with a SWAT team surrounding the house, breaking down the door - but that's just my guess.
Thoughts?

Anybody see the FanciFiction YTs released today?
One has CA saying he has "a ton guns."
With that nugget, and knowing CA had been anticipating being visited upon and had stated he was willing to defend himself, LE must have gone in with overwhelming force.
I imagine early am with a SWAT team surrounding the house, breaking down the door - but that's just my guess.
Thoughts?
It was early morning and from the mugshot he looked to have been awoken from slumber.

Thoughts?

According to the news report linked below, CA was arrested by the FBI on Thursday morning, 4/21/22, at his home without incident. IMO, this account does not scream SWAT or drama to me.

However, it does appear to me that CA must have been detained at an undisclosed facility between 4/21 - 4/25 since I found no record of him being booked at Broward County Jail, and instead, according to both Leon County Sheriff's Office and VineLink, he was booked on Monday, 4/25/22 at Leon County jail. And searching Broward County -- I come up with nothing....

CHARLES ADELSON​

Custody Record
Age45
GenderMale
RaceWhite

Date of Birth Oct **, ****
Aliases CHARLIE ADELSON
ID Number269***
Custody Status Date Apr 25, 2022 07:52 PM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Leon County Detention Facility
Book Date Apr 25, 2022 07:43 PM EDT

535 Appleyard Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32304

1661043336517.png

4/21/22

Charlie Adelson was booked, according to Broward County Jail records, on charges of first degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and solicitation of murder. The 45-year-old was taken into custody "without incident" Thursday morning at his home by the FBI.

[..]

Details of the crimes he is accused of committing were not included in booking documents. Adelson's lawyers declared his innocence.

[..]

State Attorney Jack Campbell said Adelson was indicted Wednesday by a Leon County Grand Jury in connection with Markel's July 2014 execution-style shooting in Tallahassee, which investigators say was a murder-for-hire financed by his in-laws.

"The law-enforcement team behind this continuing investigation will not rest until justice is delivered to every person involved in this terrible crime," Campbell wrote in a prepared statement.

[..]

Adelson, a Fort Lauderdale dentist, and his mother, Donna Adelson, have been implicated in Markel’s murder from the start. Prosecutors said they did not have enough evidence to charge them — which changed this week.

[..]

Enhanced Dulce Vida video leads to arrest​

The state attorney said newly enhanced audio from a secret recording done at a South Florida restaurant led to Adelson’s arrest. He also lauded the extensive work of investigators.

“That’s the new evidence,” Campbell told the Democrat. “We’ve been able to hear things from the Dulce video that we weren’t able to hear until this most recent enhancement. We’ve never stopped working it and we appreciate the efforts of all of our law enforcement partners.”

4/21/22

Charlie Adelson was booked, according to Broward County Jail records, on charges of first degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and solicitation of murder. The 45-year-old was taken into custody "without incident" Thursday morning at his home by the FBI.
^^rsbm

And yet another source cites CA's arrest by US Marshals on 4/21 and booked in Broward County jail.

Posted at 11:51 AM, Apr 21, 2022
and last updated 1:53 PM, Apr 21, 2022

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — The former brother-in-law of a Florida State University law professor who was shot to death at his Tallahassee home eight years ago has been arrested in South Florida in connection with his killing.

Charlie Adelson was arrested Thursday morning by U.S. marshals and booked into the main Broward County jail. He faces charges of first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and solicitation to commit murder.

4/21/22

^^rsbm

Fortunately, somebody was able to capture CA's booking on 4/21 in Broward County Jail several threads ago-- albeit the record does provide the booking time/hour stamp.

I just hope that Charlie Adelson is exceedingly uncomfortable in jail. The more that goes on, the more chance there is that he will do something to help himself--aka rat out his sister. That's the only weak link I can see in the Adelson quadrangle of evil.

According to the news report linked below, CA was arrested by the FBI on Thursday morning, 4/21/22, at his home without incident. IMO, this account does not scream SWAT or drama to me.

However, it does appear to me that CA must have been detained at an undisclosed facility between 4/21 - 4/25 since I found no record of him being booked at Broward County Jail, and instead, according to both Leon County Sheriff's Office and VineLink, he was booked on Monday, 4/25/22 at Leon County jail. And searching Broward County -- I come up with nothing....

CHARLES ADELSON​

Custody Record
Age45
GenderMale
RaceWhite

Date of Birth Oct **, ****
Aliases CHARLIE ADELSON
ID Number269***
Custody Status Date Apr 25, 2022 07:52 PM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Leon County Detention Facility
Book Date Apr 25, 2022 07:43 PM EDT

535 Appleyard Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32304

View attachment 360774

4/21/22

[..]

Details of the crimes he is accused of committing were not included in booking documents. Adelson's lawyers declared his innocence.

[..]

State Attorney Jack Campbell said Adelson was indicted Wednesday by a Leon County Grand Jury in connection with Markel's July 2014 execution-style shooting in Tallahassee, which investigators say was a murder-for-hire financed by his in-laws.

"The law-enforcement team behind this continuing investigation will not rest until justice is delivered to every person involved in this terrible crime," Campbell wrote in a prepared statement.

[..]

Adelson, a Fort Lauderdale dentist, and his mother, Donna Adelson, have been implicated in Markel’s murder from the start. Prosecutors said they did not have enough evidence to charge them — which changed this week.

[..]

Enhanced Dulce Vida video leads to arrest​

The state attorney said newly enhanced audio from a secret recording done at a South Florida restaurant led to Adelson’s arrest. He also lauded the extensive work of investigators.

“That’s the new evidence,” Campbell told the Democrat. “We’ve been able to hear things from the Dulce video that we weren’t able to hear until this most recent enhancement. We’ve never stopped working it and we appreciate the efforts of all of our law enforcement partners.”
I wonder if he was in FBI custody from 4/21-4/25?

I wonder if he was in FBI custody from 4/21-4/25?
Seems he was booked in Broward County on 4/21 per thread #10 -- it's just no longer available by search.

Seems he was booked in Broward County on 4/21 per thread #10 -- it's just no longer available by search.

Thanks, @Seattle1!

Just verifying the appeals process among the knowledgeable in here:
KM was sentenced on July 29, which was 24 days ago. With the timer started by Judge Wheeler, who said that she had 30 days to file a Notice of Appeal, that deadline would be Sunday, August 28. Assuming state clerical offices are closed on weekends, is it reasonable to assume that we will see a Notice of Appeal submitted by the end of the day on Friday? My understanding is that the 30 day limit is a hard deadline and is strictly enforced.

Last edited:
KM was sentenced on July 29, which was 24 days ago. With the timer started by Judge Wheeler, who said that she had 30 days to file a Notice of Appeal, that deadline would be Sunday, August 28. Assuming state clerical offices are closed on weekends, is it reasonable to assume that we will see a Notice of Appeal submitted by the end of the day on Friday? My understanding is that the 30 day limit is a hard deadline and is strictly enforced.
Just from personal experience and this was a few years ago, I think it’s a month meaning the exact day the next month so I think they would have until the 29th…

Yes, if the deadline is missed, the court will not grant an extension unless there is excusable neglect or good cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle