FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just verifying the appeals process among the knowledgeable in here:
KM was sentenced on July 29, which was 24 days ago. With the timer started by Judge Wheeler, who said that she had 30 days to file a Notice of Appeal, that deadline would be Sunday, August 28. Assuming state clerical offices are closed on weekends, is it reasonable to assume that we will see a Notice of Appeal submitted by the end of the day on Friday? My understanding is that the 30 day limit is a hard deadline and is strictly enforced.

Not a Florida lawyer, but in most states (and the federal system for that matter), if the last day of a prescribed period falls on a weekend or holiday, then the new last day is the next business day. So if 30 days falls on a Sunday, then they have the following Monday. Otherwise you are correct about it being a hard deadline for which no extensions are typically granted.

Did you all check out Judy the YouTube Lawyer's interview with author Steven Epstein? He is coming out with a book on the Markel murder soon. The interview has really great info and analysis. Check it out. (Not linking b/c not allowed).

Did you all check out Judy the YouTube Lawyer's interview with author Steven Epstein? He is coming out with a book on the Markel murder soon. The interview has really great info and analysis. Check it out. (Not linking b/c not allowed).
I figure there's a handful of authors waiting on the sidelines for at least the CA trial to be completed. Interesting, thanks for mentioning.

Does WS not allow youtube links to be posted?

I figure there's a handful of authors waiting on the sidelines for at least the CA trial to be completed. Interesting, thanks for mentioning.

Does WS not allow youtube links to be posted?
MSM youtube links are approved and a handful of WS pre-approved youtube creators/hosts but best to address your question to a Moderator. Permission to link non-approved for a one-time exception has been granted on a case-by-case basis.

Check out the YT today of a convo between our doll Katie and Sig's mom.
Geeze, Katie is demanding, entitled, condescending, bossy, naggy, whiny, and arrogant.
And stressed by everything.
I'd guess she'd be enjoying prison, now that all the stress is off.

Geeze, Katie is demanding, entitled, condescending, bossy, naggy, whiny, and arrogant.
She's just awful in that--like Sigfredo's MOM owes her managing her own life. She 100% got herself in the predicament she was in, and got Sigfredo in it as well, yet somehow manages to hold his Mom accountable. She and Charlie are two peas in a pod.

And I was thinking the same thing, she might find some relief being in prison as everything is done for her. Charlie, though? Not so much.

She's just awful in that--like Sigfredo's MOM owes her managing her own life. She 100% got herself in the predicament she was in, and got Sigfredo in it as well, yet somehow manages to hold his Mom accountable. She and Charlie are two peas in a pod.

And I was thinking the same thing, she might find some relief being in prison as everything is done for her. Charlie, though? Not so much.
No lobster for Charlie in prison!

It's funny, I had a different take. I heard someone desperate for help, cops on her heels, needing to move out on time and not even clear where they're going. I'm no Katie fan, but I felt sorry for her. And yes, she made her own bed, but I still thought she sounded more desperate and scared than entitled and bossy.

Or sliced Nova over sunny side up eggs! Don't think that's on the commissary list.
Maybe there will be plenty of tongue wagging toilet water to go around for CA. but i bet he will be the one needing the spit bowl! imo.

One inmate, in a recorded interview with Tallahassee Police investigators, said Garcia started to tell his fellow inmates about his involvement in the crime around the time of Magbanua’s Oct. 1 arrest.
Garcia said he was propositioned by his girlfriend and mother of his two children, who had been asked by a woman named “Don Adelson” to kill someone for money, the inmate told investigators.
''It seems that Garcia’s candor might have been induced by consumption of “toilet wine” brewed in the prison. One could easily imagine an inebriated man either slurring his words or mishearing his fellow prisoner’s words, such that “Don Adelson” might sound like… Donna Adelson, the former mother-in-law of victim Dan Markel, who some in law enforcement suspect of involvement in the murder plot.''

Maybe there will be plenty of tongue wagging toilet water to go around for CA. but i bet he will be the one needing the spit bowl! imo.

''It seems that Garcia’s candor might have been induced by consumption of “toilet wine” brewed in the prison. One could easily imagine an inebriated man either slurring his words or mishearing his fellow prisoner’s words, such that “Don Adelson” might sound like… Donna Adelson, the former mother-in-law of victim Dan Markel, who some in law enforcement suspect of involvement in the murder plot.''

Interesting!

^^rsbm

I don't doubt that anything KM discussed with SG was prefaced as coming from DA. KM knew she'd be shooting herself in the foot if she ever mentioned CA! Similar to why the only male Adelson saved in her contacts was Harvey. KM believed her alleged "employer" (i.e., DA/HA and the Institute) the perfect cover to snow SG. And it worked. MOO

Court TV @Courttv
TONIGHT: A closer look at the case against #CharlesAdelson - the man accused of hiring a hit man to kill his ex-brother-in-law.

Plus, a breakdown of today's tense pretrial hearing of disgraced attorney #AlexMurdaugh.

WATCH #CourtTV LIVE - TONIGHT 8/7c Court TV - Live Stream - Web | Court TV Video

4:45 PM · Aug 29, 2022·Twitter Media Studio

Thank you! Tonight is as good as a double-feature movie. :D

^^rsbm

I don't doubt that anything KM discussed with SG was prefaced as coming from DA. KM knew she'd be shooting herself in the foot if she ever mentioned CA! Similar to why the only male Adelson saved in her contacts was Harvey. KM believed her alleged "employer" (i.e., DA/HA and the Institute) the perfect cover to snow SG. And it worked. MOO
So are you saying that KM told SG that the hit order came directly from DA? We know that LR mentioned "Don Adelson" Kinda makes sense but if I were SG then I might not like/trust that it's coming from your wife's lover's mommy.

So are you saying that KM told SG that the hit order came directly from DA? We know that LR mentioned "Don Adelson" Kinda makes sense but if I were SG then I might not like/trust that it's coming from your wife's lover's mommy.
I agree and why I think KM presented this proposition as coming from her employer! At the time, I doubt SG put together this was all the same family. Of course, by the time SG went to trial, he would have learned how all the players fit together. This is just my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson