FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there's a leak I expect we won't find out what Katie reveals until Charlie's trial. However, if she has information implicating Donna and Wendi we may be seeing indictments soon because they would likely want to try and join Donna and/or Wendi in a trial with Charlie. It would be much easier to convict them as co-conspirators with Charlie in the dock than to attempt it after he goes to trial. I think we are going to see some fireworks pretty soon.

Who thinks that smile says “I am back and ready to talk”?

I have never seen such a happy smile on a mug shot before. Does anyone else think she is sending a message with that photo?
GOOD GREIF look at her! Unbelievable! No words. She played a major part in Dan’s murder, cost the Markel family complete and total anguish, cost the state and its tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more, and LIED through her teeth for 8 years complete with crocodile tears and a pitiful sad face - denying any responsibility and now after being convicted and ordered to serve the rest of her life in prison - she’s ready all smiley and ready to talk? I’m glad to hear this but sheesh ….she’s SHAMEFUL!

My next wish is that we also see a proffer from SG. Tell the truth! He doesn’t have to protect Katie anymore, and it would help the State if Garcia finally spoke and his story matched Katie’s. It’s time that all parties involved in Dan’s murder are arrested and brought to justice.

My next wish is that we also see a proffer from SG. Tell the truth! He doesn’t have to protect Katie anymore, and it would help the State if Garcia finally spoke and his story matched Katie’s. It’s time that all parties involved in Dan’s murder are arrested and brought to justice.
Garcia is the forgotten man now and I hope he feels miserable that he kept quiet out of loyalty to Katie. It certainly appears that he was getting all of his information from Katie so that even if he would choose to cooperate, it wouldn't appear that he could say much that would advance the prosecution of the Adelsons beyond possibly corroborating what Katie is going to say. Moreover, adding him to the mix would risk further weakening Rivera's testimony. Obviously, there's no love lost between those two former friends, so I believe the prosecution wouldn't be terribly interested in offering Garcia anything at all at this point.

I remember well how the defense was maneuvering to have Garcia try and assist Katie's defense in her recent trial. We can't know for sure, but there were indications the ploy was only abandoned when the prosecution threatened to use jailhouse recordings against Garcia if he appeared to testify. My reading is that Garcia is persona non grata as far as Georgia C. is concerned and he blew any opportunity he had when he refused to cooperate at the time he was arrested.

Also Garcia was the shooter. I’d imagine the Markel family and GC are not going to be keen on offering any kind of deal. And I agree he has nothing of value to add at this point- he has no direct link to the Addelsons. KM is the key link and has always been the MVP from the perspective of bringing the Addelsons to Justice.

I remember well how the defense was maneuvering to have Garcia try and assist Katie's defense in her recent trial. We can't know for sure, but there were indications the ploy was only abandoned when the prosecution threatened to use jailhouse recordings against Garcia if he appeared to testify. My reading is that Garcia is persona non grata as far as Georgia C. is concerned and he blew any opportunity he had when he refused to cooperate at the time he was arrested.
Yeah, you are right. I guess they don’t need him. I’m just so very anxious and want so much to see Donna and Wendi arrested and there to be pretty solid evidence for conviction - especially Donna.

Last edited:
Also Garcia was the shooter. I’d imagine the Markel family and GC are not going to be keen on offering any kind of deal. And I agree he has nothing of value to add at this point- he has no direct link to the Addelsons. KM is the key link and has always been the MVP from the perspective of bringing the Addelsons to Justice.
I agree 100%, Siggy will be a lifer. There is zero public sentiment for the murderer who pulled the trigger, he actually got off easier than he deserved.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but wanted to share that in addition to The Unveiling by Ruth Markel, there is another recent book about the case.

It is called Extreme Punishment, by Steven B Epstein. I just started reading the book recently, but I have read other crime books by the same author and found them to be well written.

I relistened to a podcast yesterday which had the entire footage of the 2017 hearing where Kawass is arguing to keep the information about who is paying for Katie's defense "in camera". which the Judge granted.

But one small thing stood out for me in her words "nothing the State has can contradict who is paying our legal fees at this moment".

At this moment.

But how about before that moment? And after that moment?
What podcast was that? I’d sure like to listen to it.

Unless there's a leak I expect we won't find out what Katie reveals until Charlie's trial. However, if she has information implicating Donna and Wendi we may be seeing indictments soon because they would likely want to try and join Donna and/or Wendi in a trial with Charlie. It would be much easier to convict them as co-conspirators with Charlie in the dock than to attempt it after he goes to trial. I think we are going to see some fireworks pretty soon.
In this video, starting about 2:40 in, Mentour Lawyer suggests that the recording of KM's proffer will be produced in discovery to CA's attorneys, at which point it will be publicly available. I'm no expert on FL criminal procedure, but that does seem to be consistent with other documentary evidence being publicly released pre-trial in these cases.

Adelson’s attorney has just asked the judge to delay that hearing, citing a fractured ankle that will make it “challenging” to travel to Tallahassee to appear in person.

Defense attorney Daniel Rashbaum asked for a two to three-week delay given the importance of the hearing in which the judge could set a trial date for Charlie Adelson.

Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman had no comment on Magbanua’s return or the reason for the proffer.

Adelson’s attorney has just asked the judge to delay that hearing, citing a fractured ankle that will make it “challenging” to travel to Tallahassee to appear in person.

Defense attorney Daniel Rashbaum asked for a two to three-week delay given the importance of the hearing in which the judge could set a trial date for Charlie Adelson.

Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman had no comment on Magbanua’s return or the reason for the proffer.

Does this ankle fracture seem legit to you or perhaps a stall tactic given the new developments?

In this video, starting about 2:40 in, Mentour Lawyer suggests that the recording of KM's proffer will be produced in discovery to CA's attorneys, at which point it will be publicly available. I'm no expert on FL criminal procedure, but that does seem to be consistent with other documentary evidence being publicly released pre-trial in these cases.

Whoa...this avalanche is moving fast now.

Just posting here for the record, when the link goes away:View attachment 382002

She looks like a completely different person, smiling for a holiday picture. She knows something we are about to find out. No way the State is offering her any leniency on anything unless she has SUBSTANTIAL evidence against the Adelsons. My guess is it goes far beyond Charlie.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but wanted to share that in addition to The Unveiling by Ruth Markel, there is another recent book about the case.

It is called Extreme Punishment, by Steven B Epstein. I just started reading the book recently, but I have read other crime books by the same author and found them to be well written.

I heard an interview with him that was pretty pro-Wendi. Citing in a list all the ways he found her not implicated in the murder. Which to be honest was a turn-off for me. Is that conveyed in the book?

How are we supposed to wait until the trial to hear KM’s new song? Dang it! I really hope it gets released prior to the trial or there’s an indictment of more Adelsons, which will tell us indirectly. This is the juiciest development of any trial I’ve been following lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle