FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not likely - the Judge wrote in the transfer order:

"Upon completion of the proffer in this cause, the said defendant can be transported back to the Dept. of Corrections, Florida," Wheeler wrote in his order
Just came here to see if anyone was talking about this. Seems she's still in Leon County jail still--couple days after the proffer. The plot thickens....

Did anyone watch Vinnie’s segment? I just caught part of it as I was out with neighbors, but very interesting. Apparently Wendi is living in fear, and looking over her shoulder every day. Also, The Adelson boys were recently denied acceptance into a prestigious private school in Miami because of the drama surrounding the family. Word from local attorneys is that Harvey is complicit and will go down with the rest of the family. This is all per attorney speaking on Vinnie’s show. Wish I had caught the entire segment!

Thank you for this! Going on a hunt to see if I can find it. If Vinnie is on it, I bet they will cover Charlie's trial on CTV.

Just came here to see if anyone was talking about this. Seems she's still in Leon County jail still--couple days after the proffer. The plot thickens....
I’m back home! Oooohhh juicy news. Still in Leon! Very interesting and has me hoping they have kept her there for grand jury hearing. Crossing fingers! It also gives me hope that she has indeed turned State’s witness and is not wasting Georgia’s time!

I haven’t been able to find a link to Vinnie’s coverage last night, but I’ll keep popping over to the Court TV site. If my memory serves me correctly - one of the guys he had on his show is the guy (along with his mom) who has the Close up YT channel. I think he went to college with Wendi and knows people that know the Adelson clan well.

Last edited:
Yes, but he broke it a couple months ago. And right after the proffer order came down, he requested a continuance for it.
Interesting. I didn’t realize he broke it months ago! You’d think he’d want this hearing to happen sooner rather than later after news if KM’s proffer. I may not know what the heck I’m talking about, but it seems like it’s better for the State that the heating was put off - especially in light of the proffer and KM possibly turning Staye’s witness. You’d think CA would request a speedy trial now to avoid the possibility to be tried with other co conspirators.

Interesting. I didn’t realize he broke it months ago! You’d think he’d want this hearing to happen sooner rather than later after news if KM’s proffer. I may not know what the heck I’m talking about, but it seems like it’s better for the State that the heating was put off - especially in light of the proffer and KM possibly turning Staye’s witness. You’d think CA would request a speedy trial now to avoid the possibility to be tried with other co conspirators.

Well they will need to regroup depending on what she offers up and their strategy, including whether he tries to make a deal!

I’m back home! Oooohhh juicy news. Still in Leon! Very interesting and has me hoping they have kept her there for grand jury hearing. Crossing fingers! It also gives me hope that she has indeed turned State’s witness and is not wasting Georgia’s time!

I haven’t been able to find a link to Vinnie’s coverage last night, but I’ll keep popping over to the Court TV site. If my memory serves me correctly - one of the guys he had on his show is the guy (along with his mom) who has the Close up YT channel. I think he went to college with Wendi and knows people that know the Adelson clan well.

Would that be the Surviving the Survivor Podcast? Joel and Karm?

PS he had Mark Geragos on his pod the other day offering his opinions on this case. As well as another local lawyer Jeremy Mutz who has lots of good info (local lawyer).

I just saw on Court TV that tonight on Vinnie Politan’s show, Closing Arguments, he will be discussing KM turning State’s witness and what it means for CA. Just thought I’d let y’all know if you are interested in watching later this evening.
Not seeing anything uploaded on Court TV with Vinnie discussing the proffer but his interview with Ruth Markel is available now:

Murdered Law Professor's Mother Speaks to Court TV​

So if I’m counting my days correctly, KM has been in Tallahassee for 11 days. I know there was a holiday and the long weekend following where no questioning took place, but 11 days seems like a good while and gives me hope that justice is moving in the right direction.

With KM’s proffer Charlie’s defense definitely will need to regroup big time. KM talking is MAJOR bad news for Charlie — to state the obvious. This changes everything! A speedy trial has no benefit to Charlie at this point. His only option is to plea but I imagine state will want him to give up his family and I don’t see that happening.

Without him giving up anyone else, I actually think (assuming KM’s proffer will result in more Adelson’s being indicted, fingers crossed) it’s better for state to go to trial with all Adelson’s together. You plea Charlie out without him giving up other members of the family, you take out an important link in the chain. Having all the Adelson’s tried together is the perfect scenario. You get the optics of the poor brown folks who did the crime vs the rich white folks who ordered it. I would love for Donna to sit at defense table while LR testifies! Sweet sweet Justice! Trying them together makes the conspiracy more poignant. And the picture becomes clearer for the jury.

Did anyone watch Vinnie’s segment? I just caught part of it as I was out with neighbors, but very interesting. Apparently Wendi is living in fear, and looking over her shoulder every day. Also, The Adelson boys were recently denied acceptance into a prestigious private school in Miami because of the drama surrounding the family. Word from local attorneys is that Harvey is complicit and will go down with the rest of the family. This is all per attorney speaking on Vinnie’s show. Wish I had caught the entire segment!
Which show was this? be interesting to watch.

Which show was this? be interesting to watch.
It's ok - found it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member