FL FL - Gail Joiner, 13, Thonotosassa, 22 Sept 1972

Update: I heard back from my contact today. They haven’t responded back about the submission I sent in, however law enforcement was able to confirm that Judy Davis from Jacksonville, Florida who has been missing since 1972 has been ruled out.

Update: I heard back from my contact today. They haven’t responded back about the submission I sent in, however law enforcement was able to confirm that Judy Davis from Jacksonville, Florida who has been missing since 1972 has been ruled out.

I'm sorry don't get this...ruled out against who?

Hello, everyone. I'm sad to report that the Jane Doe I submitted has been ruled out as Gail Joiner. To be honest, I truly thought it was her. I was wrong. However, on a positive note, the UID has presented another possible identity on who it could be, which is, Charlotte Erdman. To preface, this is another submission, not a definitive match.

While it's natural to feel some disappointment, this shouldn't discourage anyone from trying to find Gail or the thousands of other missing people. They're still lost and need our help. As long as we continue to pull our resources and work together, we are capable of anything. I will not stop my search for Gail until she is found.

Hello, everyone. I'm sad to report that the Jane Doe I submitted has been ruled out as Gail Joiner. To be honest, I truly thought it was her. I was wrong. However, on a positive note, the UID has presented another possible identity on who it could be, which is, Charlotte Erdman. To preface, this is another submission, not a definitive match.

While it's natural to feel some disappointment, this shouldn't discourage anyone from trying to find Gail or the thousands of other missing people. They're still lost and need our help. As long as we continue to pull our resources and work together, we are capable of anything. I will not stop my search for Gail until she is found.

I'm with you. We shouldn't give up. Thanks for your persistence.
@theshadow45 thank you too. You know I'm not into bumping without content, but I really appreciate you are trying to let us know that this are real people with birthday's and the like and family who will always remember the dates.

I'm with you. We shouldn't give up. Thanks for your persistence.
@theshadow45 thank you too. You know I'm not into bumping without content, but I really appreciate you are trying to let us know that this are real people with birthday's and the like and family who will always remember the dates.

the 70s missing really tug at me. I was born in 1972, and I'm no longer a young woman. I can't imagine the elderly parents and other aging family members not having any sort of closure.

September 22 today, so I spent some time searching. Has this unidentified from Seminole County been compared to Gail? I can see some similarities. Same hair color. Size is within range. Less than 100 miles away.

Screenshot_2019-09-22-22-38-29_kindlephoto-50482308.png Screenshot_2019-09-22-22-38-54_kindlephoto-50517914.png

67UFFL

I find this but interesting: Gail had recently moved to Florida from Romulus, Michigan.

The unidentified girl had possibly been carrying some form of ID that another person remembered as being from Ann Arbor. (If they in fact met the UID.) Ann Arbor & Romulus are only about 30 minutes apart. I wonder if Gail might have had some form of ID from Ann Arbor?

This case is a perfect example of Law Enforcement holding on to vital information long after the reason for doing so has expired. It makes one wonder if the withholding of information or "classifying" it might be to cover up screw-ups in the investigation, rather than protecting sources or a hot investigation.

They haven't solved this one in almost 34 years. Does anyone believe that they are on the verge of solving it tomorrow - thus the necessity of with holding information like her photo, height, weight, eyecolor, birthdate, etc?

Since she is not in NCMEC or Doenetwork, here is what such a listing would look like. If anyone can fill in the blanks, add photos or links, please do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gail Joiner
Missing 22 September 1972 from Thonotosassa, Hilsborough Co. FL
Classification: Endangered Missing, possible Non-Family abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: 1968 or 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: ______________

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long Blonde hair. ________
Marks, Scars: Freckled face.
Clothing: ______________

Circumstances:

On September 22nd, 1972, 13 year-old Gail Joiner returned to her Thonotosassa, FL home from school. After eating a sandwich, she took her pet raccoon for a walk, strolling barefoot down the road near her home.
At least 11 people reported seeing the freckle-faced blonde speaking to someone in a white car near a wooded area. No one saw her get in the car. She has never been seen again.

One of seven children, Gail is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Joiner. The Joiner family had recently moved to Florida from Romulus, Michigan.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Hilsborough County Sheriff Department. Phone: ___________________

Source Information:
Websleuths

Link:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/Niffa2003/PetMayHoldKeyToFateOfMissingGirl.jpg
The date of birth must be incorrect as she would not be a teen if born in 1968 or 1969. Perhaps 1959. Came here to learn about case. Saw possible match of teen found in 1974con a facebook group which I believe poster will be sending to Namus.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back