Found Deceased FL- Gary Levin 74, Lyft driver, no contact aft he pu riders, car seen sev cities, red 2022 Kia Stinger, Palm Beach Gardens, 30 Jan 2023 *arrest*

I was actually thinking about this today. Who ordered the ride to Okeechobee? If it wasn't the perp, did the passenger(s) know the perp? Or, was the ride legit, a paying customer and the perp just happened upon Gary before he left to return home. Something stinks about this entire situation. Particularly because Gary had dinner plans with his girlfriend.

So did Flores, on the run from Wauchula police on a separate Jan. 24 murder charge, try to get a Lyft ride from Levin after Levin dropped off his Okeechobee fare?

According to a Lyft representative, they have no record of Flores making a ride request on the Lyft platform.

Wauchula police said they are looking into all angles — did Flores carjack Levin after Levin dropped off his last customer near the Bravo supermarket?

Or did someone else call for a Lyft for Flores and when Levin took the assignment because he was already in Okeechobee, Flores got into his car?

"I never realized how deeply I love this man," Kathi Ginsberg said of her boyfriend of nearly six years.

The two met in 2017 over Words With Friends. She told WPBF 25 News the first dinner was the "beginning of everything."

Driving Lyft has been a way for him to make some extra money. And Monday was just another day of work. She planned to make dinner for him after.

I was actually thinking about this today. Who ordered the ride to Okeechobee? If it wasn't the perp, did the passenger(s) know the perp? Or, was the ride legit, a paying customer and the perp just happened upon Gary before he left to return home. Something stinks about this entire situation. Particularly because Gary had dinner plans with his girlfriend.

So did Flores, on the run from Wauchula police on a separate Jan. 24 murder charge, try to get a Lyft ride from Levin after Levin dropped off his Okeechobee fare?

According to a Lyft representative, they have no record of Flores making a ride request on the Lyft platform.

Wauchula police said they are looking into all angles — did Flores carjack Levin after Levin dropped off his last customer near the Bravo supermarket?

Or did someone else call for a Lyft for Flores and when Levin took the assignment because he was already in Okeechobee, Flores got into his car?
BBM
Maybe Stephanie Velgara also requested the Lyft for Matthew Scott Flores (aka Mateo Flores on FB)?
Florida murder suspect held on $2M cash bond, human remains being investigated: report

"Police also arrested and charged Stephanie Velgara with being an accessory after the fact in the murder, by allegedly helping Flores flee law enforcement. Flores is due back in court Feb. 22."

MOO JMO

Always late with the info. Incredibly sad. Glad he'll be back with his family now and they don't have to live in limbo.

I retired early and drove for Uber for a few years, but lately I just can’t seem to make myself go. There’s so much murder going on—for not much payout if any. Just no reason and typically easy to find the culprit. Just tragic.

wonder if either the girlfriend scheduled a ride? Or Flores approached GL because he saw a LYFt sign and offered him cash for a ride ? ...and then jacked the car...

Last edited:
FEB 22

A Florida felon arrested while allegedly driving a missing Lyft driver's car in North Carolina has been indicted in the shooting death of another man and was scheduled for an extradition hearing Wednesday, according to authorities.

Matthew Scott Flores, a 35-year-old with a history of stealing cars and drug possession, is accused in the Jan. 24 shooting death of Jose Martinez in Wauchula six days before Palm Beach Gardens Lyft driver Gary Levin went missing.

He was indicted on charges of first-degree homicide, grand theft motor vehicle, felon in possession of a firearm and evidence tampering in Hardee County, Florida, Tuesday, Wauchula Police Chief John Eason told Fox News Digital.

Lawyer of Matthew Flores seeking competency exam before prosecution continues

Lawyer of Matthew Flores seeking competency exam before prosecution continues​

"Rutherford County District Attorney Ted Bell said everything ground to a halt because Flore’s lawyer now wants him to be evaluated to see if he is mentally capable of moving forward.
Flores’ lawyer filed a motion asking that doctors examine Flores and make sure he is competent."

"Flores was in court and did not speak, except to complain he wasn’t getting adequate medical attention for injuries he says he got when he crashed Levin’s car after a police chase."

"Bell told WPBF 25 News investigative reporter Terri Parker once the lawyer asks for the competency check, they have to pause everything.

Bell said it could take another month or two to have Flores examined and move forward."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back