Identified! FL - Glades Co., WhtFem 509UFFL, 25-45, in canal, nail biter, Mar'81 - Nicki Elkins

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by deca, May 26, 2012.

1. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Poor girl. Glad Nicki got her name back!

In this case I think the only accurate thing was the reconstruction (the latest one). Even the tattoo was listed as being on the wrong hand. And the estimated age? Wrong by a decade or more!

madamx, Bit of hope, YaYa_521 and 3 others like this.

2. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Nikki's appearance did in fact change over the span of a month, from her hair being, from what it seems to be, dyed, to her weight loss.

3. victoriarobinson642

victoriarobinson642 Well-Known Member

I think the reconstruction more resembles the other photo of her.

Attached Files:

• mid.png
      mid.png
      File size:
      616.3 KB
      Views:
    madamx, Bit of hope, annemc2 and 4 others like this.
  4. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case

Yep - with some many of the characteristics being off I was hesitant about turning in the possible match. I thought with the location, date and the N tattoo (even though it was listed as being on the opposite hand) it was too close to pass up. It goes to show his estimates on both the missing person and the Doe can be off. I have seen it too many times.

5. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

MadMcGoo, YaYa_521 and Al Ka like this.
  6. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Remains of missing Florida teen identified 39 years later

[​IMG]

The Glades County Sheriff's Office says they have identified a missing teen remains almost 40 years after her disappearance.

The remains were confirmed to be those of 16-year-old Nicki Elkins.

Investigators say Elkins left her family's house in Miami on Valentine's Day of 1981 to visit her boyfriend and disappeared.

In March of 1981, investigators say the remains of an unknown female victim were found in nearby Glades County.
    ---
    Potential comparison between Glades County’s Jane Doe case and Miami-Dade’s Nicki Elkins case, noting similar physical attributes, time periods, and the presence of a small “N” tattoo on each woman’s thumb.

Investigators say DNA samples from Jane Doe and Nicki Elkins’ family members were compared and identified as Nicki.

Glades County Sheriff’s Office says they are now facing the task of solving the decades-old homicide.

Remains of missing Florida teen identified 39 years later

7. Earth

Earth Well-Known Member

In my honest opinion, Nicki should have been identified decades ago due to the mark on her thumb. Never mind that it was reported as being on the wrong side. The report has numerous mistakes - I had flashbacks to Marilee Bruszer.

8. Jake479

Jake479 Well-Known Member

RIP Nicki Virginia Lee Elkins