FL - Harley Don Hiatt Jr., 2, tortured to death, Polk County, 31 Jul 2018

Discussion in 'Trials' started by cybervampira, Aug 3, 2018.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Polk sheriff: Couple 'tortured' boy to death

Sheriff Grady Judd is briefing the media and our FB fans about the arrests of a Davenport couple in the death of the woman's 2-year-old son. The mother is 26-year-old Shannon Short, and her boyfriend is 26-year-old Christian Thompson. Both lived at 130 Memorial Park Avenue, #480, in Davenport, along with the victim.

The child would have been 3-years-old in October. He's Short's son, but not Thompson's.

Thompson has been charged with First Degree Murder (F-C) and other felonies, and Short has been charged with Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child (F-1) and other felonies.

upload_2018-8-3_23-43-46.jpeg upload_2018-8-3_23-43-28.jpeg

Polk couple arrested after disturbing death of boy, 2

Davenport couple arrested in death of woman's 2-year-old son

Couple arrested after toddler dies from 'sickening' abuse, Polk sheriff says

2. cybervampira

Davenport couple arrested in death of woman's 2-year-old son

ILikeToBendPages, misgrn and Niner like this.
  3. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Just take them out back, 22 should do the trick. I have no patience, empathy, sympathy, nothing... just get rid of them. Anyone harming little kids just need to die.

4. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Oh my god.... and I thought it couldn't get worse.... unbelievable what people do to little babies.... no words....

RIP little Harley! [​IMG] hoping your next life is a TON better....

okay!

from the 1st article in post #1

"It's not often that you find two people that can do that to a child," Judd offered.

Oh yes it is.... just read the cases on here.... :(

re 2nd article posted on #1

VOP (Petit Theft) (M-1)

Short is charged with this. What is this? TIA!

okay - in the 3rd article:

Just over a week before Harley died, Short called 911 because Harley hadn't opened his eyes for two days.

"These folks first, at one point, were googling and thought that the child was possessed because he went for two days and wouldn't open his eyes," Judd said. "Well you know why, he had a serious eye infection."

If she called 911, why did not the responders & whatever hospital they would have taken him to do anything?? Just treated him for an eye infection and let him go home with these two shits??!!!

and I see they had their first appearance on Aug. 3rd.

and the 4th article I can't access. So don't post ANY Orlando Sentinel ones or at least give "us" a 10% synopsis on it! :)

I'm putting Harley on my list.
    I'll check to see if I can get into Polk County court site.... if not? Tag your it @cybervampira :D

5. Niner

6. Niner

Oh - I couldn't find Shannon on the Polk county court site....

7. cybervampira

Here ya go:

ILikeToBendPages, misgrn and Niner like this.
  8. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

9. cybervampira

10. whatsnext

whatsnext Justice for Gannon

I hope that those two "caregivers" will receive some pretty good "treatment" by their fellow inmates in jail.
    Rest in peace Harley, no more pain and terror for you:(

11. Niner

Tuesday, Sept. 4th:
    *Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 8:15am ET) – FL – Harley Don Hiatt, Jr. (2) (July 31, 2018; tortured to death) – *Christian Martell Thompson (26) “BF of mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree aggravated child abuse, 1st degree aggravated manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse & marijuana possession & paraphernalia.
    *Shannon Short (26) “mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse with great bodily harm, 3rd degree child abuse, 3rd degree failure to report child abuse, possession of marijuana & paraphernalia & VOP (Petit Theft) (on probation for stealing from Walmart).
    8/3/18 Update: Arraignment hearing on 9/4 at 8:15am

12. Niner

Updates!

Thompson:

08/21/2018 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 9/13/2018
    Reason: STAT--STATUS CONFERENCE BY SHANMART

08/24/2018 NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF HEARING AND RESCHEDULED
    08/24/2018 NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK THE DEATH PENALTY

link: Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Short:

09/04/2018 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 9/11/2018
    Reason: ARRG--ARRAIGNMENT BY JOANMCCL

link: Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

13. Niner

Tuesday, Sept. 11th:
    *Arraignment Hearing (@ 8:15am ET) – FL – Harley Don Hiatt, Jr. (2) (July 31, 2018; tortured to death) – only for *Shannon Short (26) “mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse with great bodily harm, 3rd degree child abuse, 3rd degree failure to report child abuse, possession of marijuana & paraphernalia & VOP (Petit Theft) (on probation for stealing from Walmart).
    8/3/18 Update: Arraignment hearing on 9/4.
    9/4/18 Update: Arraignment continued to 9/11 @ 8:15am.

*Christian Martell Thompson (26) “BF of mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree aggravated child abuse, 1st degree aggravated manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse & marijuana possession & paraphernalia. Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP.
    9/6/18 Update: Next Status hearing on 9/13 @ 8:30am.

GarAndTeed and cybervampira like this.
  14. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

DP is what I hope they get! It's some nasty, evil people in this world and sadly the little innocent children are having to live with them.

15. Niner

Well, this is strange - Thompson nor Short are coming up for me in the court site. When I use the links in the previous post - it says "access denied" - ??

Can anyone find Short's next hearing? Her case # is 2018CF007158A000XX Polk County

TIA!

cybervampira likes this.
  16. cybervampira

Record

Attached Files:

17. Niner

Sorry - I found my problem.... I was spelling her name with 2 "n" 's. No update yet on the court site from yesterday.

cybervampira likes this.
  18. Niner

Thursday, Sept. 13th:
    *Status Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Harley Don Hiatt, Jr. (2) (July 31, 2018; tortured to death) – only for *Christian Martell Thompson (26) “BF of mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) & arraigned (8/3/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree aggravated child abuse, 1st degree aggravated manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse & marijuana possession & paraphernalia. Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP.
    9/6/18 Update: Next Status hearing on 9/13.
    *Shanon Short (26) “mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse with great bodily harm, 3rd degree child abuse, 3rd degree failure to report child abuse, possession of marijuana & paraphernalia & VOP (Petit Theft) (on probation for stealing from Walmart).
    8/3/18 Update: Arraignment hearing on 9/4.
    9/4/18 Update: Arraignment continued to 9/11; no update on court site as of 9/13.

GarAndTeed, misgrn and cybervampira like this.
  19. Niner

No updates on the court site yet....

cybervampira likes this.
  20. Niner

double post.... twirling, twirling...