FL - Hurricane Hermine, September 2016

[h=2]Photo: Hotel flooded in Cedar Key, Fla., as Hurricane Hermine brings strong storm surge - @WFLAJeff
[/h]
CrUrsEDUEAAHFIW.jpg

I just googled to see where my 88 year old uncle lives near Panacea. He's on a canal near Mashes Sands Beach and Ochlockonee Pt. That looks very exposed. :eek: I hope I can get hold of him in the morning. Better yet, I hope he evacuated.

Meanwhile, about 18,000 acres are burning just over the CA line. :(

[FONT=&]32,000 City Utility customers without power in Tallahassee,
[/FONT]
@COTNews

[FONT=&]50,000 customers without power across Florida

Barametric pressure still going down

[/FONT]
video

https://twitter.com/Heather_Lacy1

Oh no! Saw maps on the news of the swirling areas in so many parts of Florida. Jacksonville looked like it's being hit hard, then up towards Panama City, then up into lots of the southern states. All that rain! Can't even imagine 80 miles an hour winds. Worried for everybody. :candle:

I have friends in Clearwater Beach area. Anyone know how that area is ?

My grandmother has a home on a canal in Hernando Beach. Luckily she is out of state at the moment, however her husband is still at the home. Yesterday je said tje water came almost to tje top of their seawall but je expected it to go down overnight. I fear he was wrong, I woke a little while ago and decoded to watch TWC special love coverage while starting my day and they have reported there were some boat rescues in that area. My family members home is a stilt home but even so... it could be a very dangerous situation, especially for the elderly. If it were not so early in the AM I would call to check on him.

This storm is pretty nasty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Oh no! Saw maps on the news of the swirling areas in so many parts of Florida. Jacksonville looked like it's being hit hard, then up towards Panama City, then up into lots of the southern states. All that rain! Can't even imagine 80 miles an hour winds. Worried for everybody. :candle:

This seems to be giving updates of areas & outages:
https://mobile.twitter.com/FLSERT

I'm in Waycross Georgia and we are getting hit now. Lots of rain and wind. Praying these pine trees don't fall! :scared: Stay safe everyone!

good lord

it is not raining - i just heard a huge thunderclap has not been thundering at all - so loud I jumped and so did my baby it was so loud

off to check local radar!!

Well there ya go ! Intense stuff over here! i never thought to check , it was quiet - its dark out, Only reason I bought it up is cause it was SOOO loud it was like a"BOO" jump!

Yesterday was nothing here it rained a bit --

Still not hearing rain - surprised at the radar!

My grandmother has a home on a canal in Hernando Beach. Luckily she is out of state at the moment, however her husband is still at the home. Yesterday je said tje water came almost to tje top of their seawall but je expected it to go down overnight. I fear he was wrong, I woke a little while ago and decoded to watch TWC special love coverage while starting my day and they have reported there were some boat rescues in that area. My family members home is a stilt home but even so... it could be a very dangerous situation, especially for the elderly. If it were not so early in the AM I would call to check on him.

This storm is pretty nasty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Lot's of flooding in Hernando Beach. My Husband got called in to work. The Marina has missing boats.

Hi Everyone,
Reporting in. So far I'm good. Only lost electricity for a few minutes, but right now we're in another squall band. Trees damaged homes within a mile of me, but I've been very lucky so far.
Jax

I just googled to see where my 88 year old uncle lives near Panacea. He's on a canal near Mashes Sands Beach and Ochlockonee Pt. That looks very exposed. :eek: I hope I can get hold of him in the morning. Better yet, I hope he evacuated.

Meanwhile, about 18,000 acres are burning just over the CA line. :(

Hope you've had contact.

Hi Everyone,
Reporting in. So far I'm good. Only lost electricity for a few minutes, but right now we're in another squall band. Trees damaged homes within a mile of me, but I've been very lucky so far.
Jax

Glad to hear that Jax!!

I have friends in Clearwater Beach area. Anyone know how that area is ?
Missed this party, I see. I was sleeping all night. We didn’t lose power, so I turned on our fans and ‘white noise’ machine to help sleep through the storm noise of wind and rain. Slept soundly!
Spellbound, I live near Clearwater Beach, but not ON the beach.
Florida native here, so lots of hurricane history. We prepare and then ride it out. CAT 1 is an easy ride.
We had lots and lots of rain for 2 days from feeder bands. Our yard is completely soaked and looks like a river in some low parts of the yard. It should dry out within a few days or a week.
Grew up with hurricanes, and yes CARIIS… it was fun times.

[h=1]Savannah Morning News Hermine dumps 22 inches of rain in Fla.[/h]
says power outages are "pretty ubiquitous" and that three-quarters of the city customers didn't have electricity following Hurricane Hermine ripping though the city The Florida Times-Union

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back