FL FL - Jacksonville, WhtMale 1085UMFL, 40-60, heart & arrow tattoo, Jun'87

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
I wanted to post this UID and I am going to list a possible match, tell me what you think...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1085umfl.html

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on June 22, 1987 in Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 5 Days prior
Cause of Death: Drowning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 40-60 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9"; 155 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Greying brown hair. Tattoo of a heart with arrow on upper left arm. Clothing: Brown pants, brown belt, and gray socks.
Personal Effects: A business card for Dr. Christian (a gynecologist) in Pembroke Pines, FL which was dated 5/13/1987 at 10:45 am and $0.85.
Fingerprints: Original prints retained at FDLE (Lab#87-06-42782)
Dentals: Porcelain upper denture with amalgam filling; dental work on lower teeth.
DNA: Samples submitted - tests not complete

This is a truely bizarre case, but I figured i would post it..

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyd_james.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4051dmfl.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 6, 1987 from St. Petersburg, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 2, 1939
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Boyd has a tattoo on his left arm. His nickname is Jim.

Details of Disappearance

Boyd was last seen at a bank in St. Petersburg, Florida on February 6, 1987. He purchased $1,500 in traveler's checks for an upcoming trip to South Africa. He has never been heard from again and authorities confirmed he never arrived in South Africa. His black and silver Chevrolet El Camino disappeared with him.

A few days after Boyd disappeared, bank officials in Tampa, Florida notified police that someone posing as Boyd was trying to refinance his truck and had taken $35,000 out of his accounts using false identification with Boyd's name and his own photograph. Police went to Boyd's home on February 13. The house was built like a fortress, with an elaborate security system and no windows. The front door was unlocked and there were bloodstains in several rooms, as well as bullet holes and spent .25 caliber cartridges in a wall and a mattress. Valuable items in the home, including firearms, jewelry, bottles of rare wine and objects d'art, were missing. There was no indication of Boyd's whereabouts.

Boyd worked as a dealer in rare objects, traveling around the world to find things to sell. He dealt in gold, silver, ivory, rare coins and wines, objects d'art, firearms, Nazi memorabilia and other items. He was a reclusive loner and lived frugally. Over two decades before his disappearance, he was convicted of killing his first wife's lover.

Authorities determined Steven Wayne White had tampered with Boyd's bank accounts and was driving his car. He has a long criminal history and is the prime suspect in a California murder. He met Boyd by posing as a prospective buyer for Boyd's house, and the men became friends and then lovers. Investigators believe had been planning Boyd's murder for months, ever since he met Boyd's former girlfriend, Janina Koziej Meylheux, a naturalized French citizen. When they were arrested in June 1987, White and Melyheux had a .25 caliber handgun, $10,000 in cash, Boyd's El Camino and several hundred thousand dollars' worth of his belongings. White's fingerprints were found in Boyd's bathroom as well. He was charged with murder; Meylheux only faced theft charges. At White's murder trial, his defense suggested Boyd, a bisexual transvestite, staged his own murder so he could get a sex change and start a new life as a woman. White was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison; prosecutors had sought the death penalty. Meylheux pleaded guilty to grand theft and returned to France.

Boyd's body has never been found. Foul play is suspected in his disappearance due to the circumstances involved.

Comparison... Jim went missing from St Petersburg FL on Feb 6, 1987,
UID was found June 22, 1987 in Jacksonville FL

Characteristics... Jim listed as being 5'8 150lbs, UID is listed as being 5'9 155lbs

Jim has tattoo on left arm, UID has a tattoo of a heart with arrow on left arm

They found a business card to a gynecologist in the UID's posession, the defense is stating that Jim was a bisexual transvestite and wanted a sex change, (why else would a man visit a gynecologist, just curious)

Things that make me say maybe not... they found blood stains in Jim's house right after he went missing, the said the UID died from drowing...

No listing about Jim's dentals or eye color so it's hard to compare. Also the pics of Jim on the Charley Project and The Doe Network are kind of hard to see...

What do you all think????

The blood stains caught my attention as being inconsistent also. And just from the visual comparison, they look like they have different hairlines. Both have receding hailines, but Jim's hairline is shaped much differently.

And I'm not sure that someone seeking a sex-change would see a gynecologist for that purpose. I would think that a doctor who does that type of surgery would be more specialized than your basic OB-GYN. Maybe he would need to see one after the surgery, but even that sounds a little strange.

The blood stains caught my attention as being inconsistent also. And just from the visual comparison, they look like they have different hairlines. Both have receding hailines, but Jim's hairline is shaped much differently.

And I'm not sure that someone seeking a sex-change would see a gynecologist for that purpose. I would think that a doctor who does that type of surgery would be more specialized than your basic OB-GYN. Maybe he would need to see one after the surgery, but even that sounds a little strange.

Too bad we don't have a postmorteum picture of the UID, who knows if this hairline on the UID is right..

As far as the gynecologist, I agree that they probably wouldn't do a sex change operation, but why in the heck would a man go to a gynecologist, just my thoughts... I just thought that the who case of James Boyd was strange..

Too bad we don't have a postmorteum picture of the UID, who knows if this hairline on the UID is right..

As far as the gynecologist, I agree that they probably wouldn't do a sex change operation, but why in the heck would a man go to a gynecologist, just my thoughts... I just thought that the who case of James Boyd was strange..

Maybe his wife was too busy to schedule an appointment herself, so he was doing her a favor by scheduling it for her. But then, wouldn't the doctor have records of who visited the office?

I agree. This is a strange case.

Having the doctors business card does not mean he saw the doctor. He could have had it to give to someone, or someone referred the doctor to the UP's girlfriend/wife or female friend. There are a number of reasons he could have the card and not even know who the doctor is. Interesting.
ETA the website shows DNA submitted but not complete. Does anyone know if or when these Doe pages get updated?

Hi, chaddylex,

While searching Google for some old records I stumbled onto this site, this thread. I wanted to PM you, but the system wouldn't allow that. I don't know if it's proper to drag up an older post, so someone might let me know if it's not.

Many times things nag at me until I hear something positive, so I thought you might like to know that the unidentified man is not James Boyd. I have no physical proof to offer; I wasn't raised by him, nor did I know him well, but he was my father, and the 'unidentified' is not James.

Hope you find this helpful.

What an interesting place this is.

Thanks for information on post minimum, Carl,

This is so interesting. How strange to find these discussions.

And, I'll apologize for not knowing whether to post this here or the other thread - No, the other 'unidentified' man isn't James either.

Something I find odd is that they record him (James) with brown hair. His hair was blonde, although it'd been many years since I'd seen him, and it was possibly somewhat darker (or more gray), I still can't imagine it might be mistaken for brown.

Thanks for directing me to the other thread, it didn't come up on my Google searches, so I might have never seen it.

I'm still a bit awed by this, so excuse me if I sound somewhat flustered.

Thanks to you guys for your good intentions.

Hi, chaddylex,

While searching Google for some old records I stumbled onto this site, this thread. I wanted to PM you, but the system wouldn't allow that. I don't know if it's proper to drag up an older post, so someone might let me know if it's not.

Many times things nag at me until I hear something positive, so I thought you might like to know that the unidentified man is not James Boyd. I have no physical proof to offer; I wasn't raised by him, nor did I know him well, but he was my father, and the 'unidentified' is not James.

Hope you find this helpful.

What an interesting place this is.

Welcome , and yes this is an interesting site.

Thanks for the welcomes, I appreciate it.

As for staying around - I've found it hard to leave. I've been abusing the resources, and refreshing on cases I'd forgotten.
I've spent time at the Doe Network (thanks), and have ruled-out the reconstructions from 1987 to 2009.
I hope that might be helpful to anyone who may be working on something particular.

I am feeling my way around a little, but the newness of it is somewhat overwhelming.

For the record: I never started out searching for James. I was searching for information (for personal reasons and records).

Off the record: Because of comments made, we've always assumed his body would never be found. But, what are truths when a person who makes such comments is a liar/murderer? So, I searched the Doe Network anyway.

Thanks for all the good, where's so much bad.

Thanks for the welcomes, I appreciate it.

As for staying around - I've found it hard to leave. I've been abusing the resources, and refreshing on cases I'd forgotten.
I've spent time at the Doe Network (thanks), and have ruled-out the reconstructions from 1987 to 2009.
I hope that might be helpful to anyone who may be working on something particular.

I am feeling my way around a little, but the newness of it is somewhat overwhelming.

For the record: I never started out searching for James. I was searching for information (for personal reasons and records).

Off the record: Because of comments made, we've always assumed his body would never be found. But, what are truths when a person who makes such comments is a liar/murderer? So, I searched the Doe Network anyway.

Thanks for all the good, where's so much bad.

Welcome to Websleuths M. James. Thanks for letting us know that this is not James Boyd. My intention on this comparison was only to match an UID with a missing person, not to intentionally hurt anyone related to or to have known the missing person.

Yes this site is very interesting, most of us on here are here with good intentions. Hope you stay around for awhile!

just saw this thread.

what is truly baffling to me at least is that this guy died just one month after the supposed doctor's appointment. I know there is patient privacy but I would hope LE checked to see who had appointments that morning and start there.

even if a man was not the patient he might have been accompanying a woman who was going to the doctor. what comes to mind is that maybe he had a female friend who was pregnant and he accompanied her there. it is not out of the realm of possibility that there was some sort of love triangle and the other man did him in.

I realize there was no suggestion of foul play and I realize the deceased was drunk but I did a google map and the creek in that area is under a highway.

If it had been much longer time from the appointment he probably wouldn't have been carrying that card in his pocket anymore.

His Namus link:
https://identifyus.org/cases/804

I find his dentals strange. He had amalgam fillings in his upper DENTURE. What on earth for??

A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A

A F A F N N N N N A N F N A F F

Unique Characteristic: decedent has two amalgam fillings in porcelain teeth on upper denture

I suppose he could have had fillings in his natural teeth before getting the denture and wanted to keep the look but I've never heard of anybody getting amalgam fillings in their dentures before.

DNA: Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

One ruleout, Christopher King from California.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back