FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other reasons to want a person dead beyond the financial...
And that is especially so when the other reasons could be linked to children. As you stated, emotions can far out weigh any financial analysis.

But.... for balance, at the end of the day, the victim was worth considerably more alive than dead. Then factor in the re-marriage and a rewarding, yet demanding career. I suspect his payments were not only large, but also made on time and drama free. This could reduce the potential for strong emotions from the ex.

I tried to find the location on Google Earth but all I've found so far is that it was on Sanctuary Way near J Turner Butler Blvd so I am unsure of the exact location. I know they said it was a wooded stretch - so is it wooded on both sides or are there houses visible? Is anyone local who might know? Curious if this is a wide or narrow street and also how much traffic there is, especially around 8 PM.

Definitely seems specifically targeted and someone who knows his routine almost down to the minute, especially since the tire was not there shortly before this happened. And either there is not much traffic at this hour on this street or the killer was just very lucky to not have witnesses (or heaven forbid, maybe was OK with taking out witnesses if one arrived!)

The reason I ask about the width of the street is that it surprises me that Jared stopped, got out, and was attempting to move the tire. I consider myself to be a "good samaritan" that would stop if someone needed help, but if I could easily drive around a tire in the middle of the road, especially at night, I probably would and maybe just call non-emergency police to give them a heads up. Now, it's possible if the street is very narrow, there was no way to get around without moving it. But it also made me wonder if someone was pulled over pretending to have car trouble/changing a tire or something like that to get him to stop and step out of his vehicle, maybe even someone waving him down? I know they said a tire was in the road, but maybe they were pretending to change a tire on the side of the street, saw him driving up, pretended the tire "got away from them" and rolled into the street in order to get him to stop?

But.... for balance, at the end of the day, the victim was worth considerably more alive than dead. Then factor in the re-marriage and a rewarding, yet demanding career. I suspect his payments were not only large, but also made on time and drama free. This could reduce the potential for strong emotions from the ex.

According to Glassdoor, "the typical Microsoft Senior Design Manager salary [Jared's position] is $181,635 per year." Wow! That's a lot.

But do we know if he was even making payments to the ex? Aren't some divorce cases where child custody is split 50/50 and the exes are not financially obligated to one another?

And that is especially so when the other reasons could be linked to children. As you stated, emotions can far out weigh any financial analysis.

I too feel the prior marriage is tied in but only on the basis that this seems targeted and it was a clear route he would’ve taken from dropping off the kids to his former wife.

I don’t necessarily agree with sentiment worth more alive. With children involved in a divorce I’d bet there were significant separate policies for the children from his first marriage to assure their financial security if he died.

But do we know if he was even making payments to the ex? Aren't some divorce cases where child custody is split 50/50 and the exes are not financially obligated to one another?

Good point.

There can be many variations in divorce settlements and not all divorces involve child support. As you stated, a 50/50 joint custody could reduce the probability of child support as he would be providing for the children while they lived with him.

If the settlement did not include child support, I wonder if there was a strong expectation by the other party that the settlement would have included child support? And..... that given his income, the amount should have been pretty substantial?

Last edited:
I too feel the prior marriage is tied in but only on the basis that this seems targeted and it was a clear route he would’ve taken from dropping off the kids to his former wife.

I don’t necessarily agree with sentiment worth more alive. With children involved in a divorce I’d bet there were significant separate policies for the children from his first marriage to assure their financial security if he died.
I agree completely, the circumstances of the murder (knowing schedule, likely to stop for the tire) all point towards somebody, well, close.

I did not think of insurance policies regarding the children in the event of the death of the ex. Clearly worth looking into, especially if the amounts are overly large.

Not relevant, necessarily but the names of his kids are definitely split. Two reasonable, normal names (Liam and Abigail) and then two out-there names with Bexley and London.
I agree that whoever killed him knew him. Beyond that, I don't think his ex would be involved, because even if she was greedy, he was young and worth more alive than dead. Plus, his ex would not likely have life insurance on him. The kids might have been beneficiaries, though, which would indirectly make her a beneficiary.

Sometimes the ex wants sole custody.

Plus, his ex would not likely have life insurance on him. The kids might have been beneficiaries, though, which would indirectly make her a beneficiary.

I have several friends who divorced and had minor children, the ex spouses have insurance policies on each other until the children are out of college. Possibly because they all used the same divorce attorney and maybe this was a suggestion.

I tried to find the location on Google Earth but all I've found so far is that it was on Sanctuary Way near J Turner Butler Blvd so I am unsure of the exact location. I know they said it was a wooded stretch - so is it wooded on both sides or are there houses visible? Is anyone local who might know? Curious if this is a wide or narrow street and also how much traffic there is, especially around 8 PM.

Not local but here's what I could find.

Different descriptions of location of homicide in various articles on the case:

“...he stopped on a wooded stretch of Sanctuary Way near J. Turner Butler Boulevard...”

“...in the area of Jacksonville Drive and Sanctuary Way North...”

“...near the exit of The Sanctuary neighborhood, in a wooded area...”

“The shooting happened near Jacksonville Drive and Sanctuary Way North...”

“...killed in the 3700 block of Sanctuary Way South in Jacksonville Beach...”

From this info and looking at Google Maps, my best guess is it's around this area (see screenshots - oops, never mind, apparently the files are somehow too large?! It's just small screenshots, I dunno what the problem is, ugh). Looks like it was probably a single lane street with trees on one side and water on the other. Pretty easy for a person to hide in the trees and roll out the tire.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 2.24.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 2.24.00 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 65
Not local but here's what I could find.

Different descriptions of location of homicide in various articles on the case:

“...he stopped on a wooded stretch of Sanctuary Way near J. Turner Butler Boulevard...”

“...in the area of Jacksonville Drive and Sanctuary Way North...”

“...near the exit of The Sanctuary neighborhood, in a wooded area...”

“The shooting happened near Jacksonville Drive and Sanctuary Way North...”

“...killed in the 3700 block of Sanctuary Way South in Jacksonville Beach...”

From this info and looking at Google Maps, my best guess is it's around this area (see screenshots - oops, never mind, apparently the files are somehow too large?! It's just small screenshots, I dunno what the problem is, ugh). Looks like it was probably a single lane street with trees on one side and water on the other. Pretty easy for a person to hide in the trees and roll out the tire.

That’s probably a close guess. Looks like it would provide good privacy in a big place like Jacksonville.

Initial thoughts on this case. Sure doesn't seem random. I don't know how much traffic is on this road, but without some type of real time (or close to real time) knowledge of where JB vehicle was it would have been hard to pull off. That could mean that somehow, his vehicle was being tracked (GPS, air tag, etc.), or a third party assisting with the timing. To simply put a tire on the road and hope the correct person would stop and try to move it would seem unlikely, but possible I guess. MOO.

That last sentence tho..... heartbreaking.

Florida mom wants answers after Microsoft exec husband gunned down in front of 2-year-old (msn.com)

Snip:
Jared was from Jacksonville and graduated from the Douglas Anderson School of the Arts before earning his college degree at Utah Valley University.

He was working as a manager of user experience at Microsoft when he was killed. K had also worked for the software giant as an account manager but quit a few months ago to become a full-time mom.

"He was a good neighbor, a good friend, a good colleague," K said. "He was a very loved man."

K declined to discuss Jared’s relationship with his ex-wife, but a source told Fox News that it was strained. Though invited, Jared’s twins from his prior marriage did not attend their father’s funeral. His ex-wife couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Snip:
K said the shocking murder has taken the greatest toll on Bexley.

"She talks about the sound a lot. She says, ‘I had to cover my ears,’" K said. "When she talks about what happened she calls it 'The boom.’ She says, ‘Boom! Boom! Boom! Daddy on the ground.’"

K said that B asks about her dad a lot but she also misses her older siblings who she has barely seen since the slaying. "I miss them too," said K. "We didn’t just lose Jared, we lost our family structure."

Every night, B sleeps with a blanket her dad gave her. K was tucking her in, and she asked if God has blankets. "I asked her why, and she said, ‘I want daddy to have a blanket in heaven.'"

Last edited by a moderator:
I will eat my hat if this awful murder does not end in the arrest of two people, one of whom will have been very close to the victim. I don't even know him but I am so angry! All four of his children will be so impacted by his death. I hope the twins end up in a supportive environment.

I will eat my hat if this awful murder does not end in the arrest of two people, one of whom will have been very close to the victim. I don't even know him but I am so angry! All four of his children will be so impacted by his death. I hope the twins end up in a supportive environment.
This doesn’t look like it will take too long to figure out.

K said that B asks about her dad a lot but she also misses her older siblings who she has barely seen since the slaying. "I miss them too," said K. "We didn’t just lose Jared, we lost our family structure."
How traumatic. It's horrific enough to lose her father, but to also lose her (half)-siblings! And obviously Jared's wife K was bonded with her stepkids too. IMO, anyone keeping those siblings apart would have to be awfully heartless. And yet it seems like a deliberate act...

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be just some crook wanted Jared's wallet.....fake car trouble getting him to stop....road is out of the way.....???

I hope we find out what happened and who did it soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500