FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they had ongoing proceedings regarding custody. But they still had shared custody of the twins.

I think @Sprockett7701 is referring to Jared's widow, the twins' stepmom. According to this article, she would NOT have any legal right to them, sadly.

"Unfortunately, in Florida stepparents have no legal rights in regards to minor children who are not biologically their own, unless the biological mother or father agrees to the step parent adopting the child/children. If you have remarried and desire to have legal rights in connection with your spouse's child or children, adoption is necessary."

According to the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement, the turnaround time for ballistics tests has increased by an order of 3x since the pandemic started, from 47 days in Q1 2020 to 135 days in Q1 2022. It has been ~84 days (Feb 16 - May 10) since Jared's murder, so that means we could still have ~2 months before ballistics finally come in for this case. When compared to other states, Florida seems to have some of the slowest turnaround times.

According to the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement, the turnaround time for ballistics tests has increased by an order of 3x since the pandemic started, from 47 days in Q1 2020 to 135 days in Q1 2022. It has been ~84 days (Feb 16 - May 10) since Jared's murder, so that means we could still have ~2 months before ballistics finally come in for this case. When compared to other states, Florida seems to have some of the slowest turnaround times.

This is good info and at least we have something in the works.

Widow and sister are talking to Utah media:
After tech exec gunned down in front of child, family is seeking answers in Utah
But his family hopes clues to his death can be found in Utah, where he and his wife attended college in Utah County. His ex-wife is also from Utah, where they had the twins, now age 9.

Quite apparent that they suspect the killer has connections to Utah too, and people there may know something. MOO

I feel like that person was just a random thief prowling around checking for unlocked cars. They probably found the door locked and moved on, which would explain why they only appeared on camera for a couple seconds. Also, it was 8 days after Jared's murder, whereas "just days" in the headline makes it sound like a much shorter window of time.
they ruled out robbery

My suspicion is LE is playing this close to the vest. Too many people know too many people. I predict this is someone very close to him, perhaps not directly, but indirectly enough that the perp doesn't think they'll be connected to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23