FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get big Dan Markel vibes
I’d love to see a billboard of “Have you seen this truck?” put up on roads near strategic neighborhoods in both Florida and Utah. People have gotten Dan Markel vibes since day 1, and an interesting point in THAT case is that it seems the ex-wife had had conversations where she thought her brother was joking about “taking care of her problem”, but thought they were jokes and she may very well not have had any knowledge that these became actual plans beforehand. In THIS case, if the obvious motive is accurate, there’s still a question of WHO, and that could very well span from Utah to Florida, and another interesting potential parallel with the Markel case is access to resources and untraceable funds due to large wealth. One other thought in relation to the Markel case: Dan was preventing her from being able to move with the kids closer to her family. The ex-wife isn’t from Florida, that’s where Jared’s family is (though the new husband could have roots in Florida). Either way, I’m very curious if there was any desire to move, as that wouldn’t have been an option in a 50/50 custody share.

Someone close to the responsible person(s) HAS to have noticed weird or suspicious behavior changes, oddities/nervousness/anger if the subject of Jared or his death gets brought up, or other possible red flags. I really hope that anyone noticing these things does the right thing and speaks up. You’re either wrong and it will lead investigators nowhere, or your hunch is right and you’re protecting murderers. Also $55K reward is pretty serious motivation to come forward.

Last edited:
Widow and sister are talking to Utah media:
After tech exec gunned down in front of child, family is seeking answers in Utah
But his family hopes clues to his death can be found in Utah, where he and his wife attended college in Utah County. His ex-wife is also from Utah, where they had the twins, now age 9.
Does anyone get the feeling that LE might be working with widow/family to increase pressure? We know LE chose to release surveillance video of the truck from specific locations that would have been noticed by potential POIs. The vigil a few weeks ago was held at a park with location closer to potential POIs than it was to Jared’s home. Now the wife and for the first time sister (is this the first we’ve seen from his family speaking publicly? It’s the first I’ve seen) are speaking to media specifically targeted to raise awareness in Utah.

Could be that they are tired of waiting for what looks like zero updates or progress from the outside, or could be that LE has a lot more info than they’ve released and are applying the squeeze to see what shakes loose.

Florida ex-wife of slain Microsoft executive hires criminal defense lawyer
June 14, 2022

SBM

The ex-wife of a Microsoft executive mysteriously shot dead in front of his 2-year-old daughter in north Florida has hired a criminal defense lawyer — as new details have emerged about the pair’s acrimonious split,... [snip] The shocking murder remains unsolved, and the Jacksonville Beach Police Department has not publicly named a suspect.

But G.-F. and her husband, M. F., are now represented by high-powered criminal defense attorney Henry Coxe III. Coxe, the former president of the Florida Bar, "specializes in serious federal and state criminal matters," according to his bio on the Bedell Firm website. Under the heading "Area of Practice," the bio lists only "criminal defense."

Coxe told Fox News Digital that he was retained by the couple "for the purpose of seeing if steps could be taken to protect her young twins from any publicity surrounding this tragic event." He continued, "As for any other reason for the family to have or need counsel, whether it be myself or anyone else, there is none."

# more at link

June 14, 2022

SBM

The ex-wife of a Microsoft executive mysteriously shot dead in front of his 2-year-old daughter in north Florida has hired a criminal defense lawyer — as new details have emerged about the pair’s acrimonious split,... [snip] The shocking murder remains unsolved, and the Jacksonville Beach Police Department has not publicly named a suspect.

But G.-F. and her husband, M. F., are now represented by high-powered criminal defense attorney Henry Coxe III. Coxe, the former president of the Florida Bar, "specializes in serious federal and state criminal matters," according to his bio on the Bedell Firm website. Under the heading "Area of Practice," the bio lists only "criminal defense."

Coxe told Fox News Digital that he was retained by the couple "for the purpose of seeing if steps could be taken to protect her young twins from any publicity surrounding this tragic event." He continued, "As for any other reason for the family to have or need counsel, whether it be myself or anyone else, there is none."

# more at link
Perhaps charges are imminent?

Who will take care & custody of the twins if their mother is not available? It sounds like they have spent many years caught in a war between their parents.

Four kids without their young, vibrant & loving dad.

How tragic.

JMO

June 14, 2022

SBM

# more at link
Well. Well. Well.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Sounds like the family nest egg is paying for the best criminal-defense attorney money can buy! Nobody believes that a criminal defense atty would be hired for PR purposes to help manage the twins’ exposure level.

It could mean that charges are close, but it could also mean they have a lot of money and are hiring the attorney to manage their end of warrants, searches, further questioning, etc. Very curious if any neighbors have seen activity or warrants being served at the house.

Alternatively we don’t know if hiring the criminal defense attorney is in the news because it’s a new thing, or if they obtained an attorney a long time ago and this is just being leaked now. This guy might have been her attorney since day 1. Personally, if I had oodles of money I would hire an attorney the first time I was questioned in relation to a murder - innocent or guilty.

Last edited:

It looks like the ex wife and her current husband are know represented by a hi powered criminal defense attorney. The article also details that SG, ex wife of the victim, is from an extremely wealthy family (thus, money to pre-emptively hire the best in legal services).

The divorce was extremely bitter- and that the bitterness continued afterwards in regards to the custody of the children and the terms of that custody.

Last edited:

It looks like the ex wife and her current husband are know represented by a hi powered criminal defense attorney. The article also details that SG (ex wife of the victim) is from an extremely wealthy family (thus, money to pre-emptively hire the best in legal services) and that the divorce was extremely bitter- and that the bitterness continued afterwards.

Thanks @Cryptic

From link

The couple met around 2009 after they were introduced while she was visiting a close friend in Jacksonville. Gardner-Fernandez grew up in a Mormon community in upscale Alpine, Utah — the daughter of Sterling and Shelli Gardner, who co-founded Stampin’ Up!, which sells paper craft products.

The family company, headquartered in Salt Lake City, has an estimated annual revenue of over $100 million a year, according to IncFact.

At first, Bridegan wasn’t interested, but Gardner-Fernandez "wined and dined him," flaunting her charmed life, a friend said.

"It was like she was saying, ‘Look what my lifestyle is like, I can fly you all over, my parents pay for everything," according to the friend.

Bridegan warmed up to Gardner-Fernandez, and they fell in love. He moved to Utah and the couple tied the knot in a 2010 fairytale wedding at the majestic Salt Lake City Temple.

They bought an $800,000 house in Highland, Utah, near her parents, and each drove a Mercedes — but neither of them had a job, the friend said.

The parents provided the newlyweds a monthly stipend of more than $8,500 in addition to access to credit cards and other substantial financial perks — including giving Bridegan $100,000 to start a business, according to court filings and sources.

Okay, how many of us didn't see where this latest twist is ultimately headed, within a day or two of the murder?? I think we all could have called this one.

Last edited:
Looks like the ex wife has lawyer-ed up. Whether she is involved or not, this probably is a good move on her part.

Looks like the ex wife has lawyer-ed up. Whether she is involved or not, this probably is a good move on her part.

I don’t think it’s a leap to wonder if LE is turning the burners up with these high profile lawyers entering the picture.

If they investigate as they did in the Dan Markel murder, then they're probably getting cell tower records that show all the cell phones that pinged off nearby towers around the time of murder and cross checking to see if any of the phones ever called any person(s) of interest in the case. In the Markel case this investigation method did help identify the hit man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle