FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is the line in the KSL.com article is quite cryptic:

"Jenkins said the family believes some Utah residents might have heard things about the killing that could lead whoever did it to face justice."

I wonder what that is all about.

Also, I speculate that the ex-wife hired high-priced defense lawyer Hank Coxe to pursue litigation against people who malign her through online comments. You can be sure that they are monitoring and reviewing online comments to determine if any of them are actionable.

Florida ex-wife of slain Microsoft executive hires criminal defense lawyer
June 14, 2022

SBM

The ex-wife of a Microsoft executive mysteriously shot dead in front of his 2-year-old daughter in north Florida has hired a criminal defense lawyer — as new details have emerged about the pair’s acrimonious split,... [snip] The shocking murder remains unsolved, and the Jacksonville Beach Police Department has not publicly named a suspect.

But G.-F. and her husband, M. F., are now represented by high-powered criminal defense attorney Henry Coxe III. Coxe, the former president of the Florida Bar, "specializes in serious federal and state criminal matters," according to his bio on the Bedell Firm website. Under the heading "Area of Practice," the bio lists only "criminal defense."

Coxe told Fox News Digital that he was retained by the couple "for the purpose of seeing if steps could be taken to protect her young twins from any publicity surrounding this tragic event." He continued, "As for any other reason for the family to have or need counsel, whether it be myself or anyone else, there is none."

# more at link
hmmmm.....

This may be an ignorant question but why couldn't the answer to this case be that Bridegan was simply the victim of an attempted carjacking? Wrong place at the wrong time. And after the perpetrator(s) shot him, they saw the child in the back seat, then freaked out and fled. Is that plausible?

This may be an ignorant question but why couldn't the answer to this case be that Bridegan was simply the victim of an attempted carjacking? Wrong place at the wrong time. And after the perpetrator(s) shot him, they saw the child in the back seat, then freaked out and fled. Is that plausible?
I think it's a plausible question for us to ask but when you follow websleuths you see too many times that there is usually a link and a good motive.

Statistically I don't know how many people wake up one day and go out and kill a random?

Depending how much planning is done too it can be quite easily covered up and be very hard to prove or never be proven.

I guess this is why there are so many unsolved homicides.

Smart perpetrators can distance themselves from the crime, particularly if they have lots of $, lots of help and/or get lucky.

Not an ignorant question at all given that Jacksonville is big and has a lot of tourism. It just seems unlikely in this case.

Not an ignorant question at all given that Jacksonville is big and has a lot of tourism. It just seems unlikely in this case.

I would agree. The location seems unlikely for a carjacking. I might be mistaken but it seems just outside of a subdivision and pretty removed from any outside traffic.

Wouldn't it actually be an ideal spot for a carjacker? Trees blocking that section of the road. No cameras pointing toward the spot. It was a cold-blooded murder, so it makes sense that the killer would be careful and methodical in picking out a spot.

And if the tire was used as a trap, it makes it seem even more like an un-targeted carjacking/robbery to me. Because how would they know that Jared specifically would stop for the tire? If the tire was truly their ploy, then they most likely placed it in the road and then waited for whomever would stop their car to get out and move the tire, shoot them, and drive off with their car.

Counting on him stopping for the tire just leaves too much to chance. I can't picture this killer calling Jared's ex and saying "Well, bad news. He didn't stop for the tire. By now he's on A1A, so there's no way we'll catch him!"

Wouldn't it actually be an ideal spot for a carjacker? Trees blocking that section of the road. No cameras pointing toward the spot. It was a cold-blooded murder, so it makes sense that the killer would be careful and methodical in picking out a spot.

And if the tire was used as a trap, it makes it seem even more like an un-targeted carjacking/robbery to me. Because how would they know that Jared specifically would stop for the tire? If the tire was truly their ploy, then they most likely placed it in the road and then waited for whomever would stop their car to get out and move the tire, shoot them, and drive off with their car.

Counting on him stopping for the tire just leaves too much to chance. I can't picture this killer calling Jared's ex and saying "Well, bad news. He didn't stop for the tire. By now he's on A1A, so there's no way we'll catch him!"
He had to stop for the tire because the road he was on split into two one-way lanes separated by a middle section with vegetation. The road was thus very small with vegetation on both sides and no way to drive around a tire left in the middle. As far as we know, nobody reported the tire in the road before Jared was shot. So, it was placed in a perfectly secluded spot along his regular route home from dropping off the kids at the ex-wife’s, less than 5 minutes away from her house, seemingly perfectly timed for his arrival at that spot.

The other key piece that points away from a random shooting in my opinion is the following: the road he was on is right by a freeway on ramp. If you killed a man, the best way out would be to hop on the freeway. Did the killer do that? Might not have. The police released footage of a truck seen in the area the night Jared was murdered. You can see in the surveillance tapes that one of the truck’s wheels is either a spare or different from the other three wheels. The truck’s wheel type matches the wheel left in the road where Jared was shot. Gray Hughes on YouTube has a good video where he pieced together WHERE the surveillance cameras that caught this truck on video are at. And by happenstance this truck was videoed driving along streets in a route that could have led from the crime scene in a loop back up around and at the ex’s house again.

Add to that the circumstances surrounding constant court filings in family court over 6 years and allegedly not allowing Jared’s twins to attend his funeral, and there is a lot for people to speculate on.

There are several ironies:
1. The tire in the middle of a divided roadway at the exact moment the victim was designated to be driving there.
2. The twins had just been dropped off from a parental visitation and they were not present during the incident.
3. The longstanding dispute/animosity between the victim and his previous spouse, especially considering the most recent court ruling about the breathing machine. That decision allowed the victim to retain the machine.
4. The location was a lightly traveled road that had no surveillance.

<modsnip: Discuss the case, not other members>

The tire being in the middle of the road, even with it being a divided roadway, still just leaves too much to chance. Even if the tire was used as a ploy and placed directly in the middle of the road, most vehicles could still weave around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Discuss the case, not other members>

The tire being in the middle of the road, even with it being a divided roadway, still just leaves too much to chance. Even if the tire was used as a ploy and placed directly in the middle of the road, most vehicles could still weave around it.
It isn't necessarily that he could not weave around a tire in the middle of the road, though I am not convinced that he could. It is more a thought that someone who knows him well would know that, with nightfall coming quickly, he was the kind of guy that would stop to get out and move the tire so someone else wouldn't hit it or have an accident trying to avoid it.

That road is not a major thoroughfare. It is lightly traveled, and especially at that time of evening. Leaving a tire in the middle of the road may leave too much to chance, if only one person is involved, but if there are two, it could be far easier to know when to expect him to show up at the designated spot.

Finally, speculation does not equate to facts, but with few facts, speculation is what we are left with. And speculation CAN become facts, and often does. Those of us who have been on this site for many years can tell you that, despite what you may think, Occam's Razor does not always apply. If it did, most of these cases would be resolved within a very short period of time. While wild speculation is not appreciated, I have seldom ever seen wild speculation on any thread I have followed in the decade plus that I have been here. Speculation is how we arrive at facts. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member