FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't necessarily that he could not weave around a tire in the middle of the road, though I am not convinced that he could. It is more a thought that someone who knows him well would know that, with nightfall coming quickly, he was the kind of guy that would stop to get out and move the tire so someone else wouldn't hit it or have an accident trying to avoid it.

That road is not a major thoroughfare. It is lightly traveled, and especially at that time of evening. Leaving a tire in the middle of the road may leave too much to chance, if only one person is involved, but if there are two, it could be far easier to know when to expect him to show up at the designated spot.

Finally, speculation does not equate to facts, but with few facts, speculation is what we are left with. And speculation CAN become facts, and often does. Those of us who have been on this site for many years can tell you that, despite what you may think, Occam's Razor does not always apply. If it did, most of these cases would be resolved within a very short period of time. While wild speculation is not appreciated, I have seldom ever seen wild speculation on any thread I have followed in the decade plus that I have been here. Speculation is how we arrive at facts. JMO

Very good thoughts. I agree with what you're saying.

Very good thoughts. I agree with what you're saying.

I know I too often preface comments with “I wonder” or “I’m curious to know” and I think that ideas can seem outlandish at times but I guess it’s all a part of discussions. I think if I were a victim or relative I’d be thankful for every comment, crazy notion, and speculation that I could get. Anything we can do to keep the pot stirred is good for these cases I hope.

I’ve also been on threads where I am pretty sure the person of interest is actually online here trying to discourage sleuths from brainstorming…not that that’s the case here, but you never really know.
And I think in some cases the supporters of the poi or accused one disrupt threads or throw outlandish ideas into a thread that is moving along nicely. Thank goodness for private conversations, jmo.

It isn't necessarily that he could not weave around a tire in the middle of the road, though I am not convinced that he could. It is more a thought that someone who knows him well would know that, with nightfall coming quickly, he was the kind of guy that would stop to get out and move the tire so someone else wouldn't hit it or have an accident trying to avoid it.

That road is not a major thoroughfare. It is lightly traveled, and especially at that time of evening. Leaving a tire in the middle of the road may leave too much to chance, if only one person is involved, but if there are two, it could be far easier to know when to expect him to show up at the designated spot.

Finally, speculation does not equate to facts, but with few facts, speculation is what we are left with. And speculation CAN become facts, and often does. Those of us who have been on this site for many years can tell you that, despite what you may think, Occam's Razor does not always apply. If it did, most of these cases would be resolved within a very short period of time. While wild speculation is not appreciated, I have seldom ever seen wild speculation on any thread I have followed in the decade plus that I have been here. Speculation is how we arrive at facts. JMO

Speculation is how we arrive at facts. JMO

never saw wild speculation here? well, you're missing out!

But also, speculation leads to facts? how so?

never saw wild speculation here? well, you're missing out!

But also, speculation leads to facts? how so?
Perhaps I did not say it well enough, but I was not implying that mere speculation can be made fact, but that speculation often turns out to be fact, though perhaps unknown at the time. Also, perhaps your idea of wild speculation and mine are not the same. I don't agree with every idea I see here, but I have seldom ever seen completely baseless speculation, pertaining to a case. Mods do a good job of not letting threads go off the rails, so maybe completely whack ideas get deleted before I see them. JMO

And I think in some cases the supporters of the poi or accused one disrupt threads or throw outlandish ideas into a thread that is moving along nicely. Thank goodness for private conversations, jmo.
I agree 100%.

In some cases something seems very obvious and a person wants to ignore this and push an alternative theory.

It's then that I wonder if the person writing the comments is involved in the particular crime or knows the person that was?

Going a step further I also wonder if curiosity gets the better of perpetrators that they have to read what people are saying about it. Also if LE is able to monitor if a suspect/POI is following a case and commenting about it on forums such as this?

I agree 100%.

In some cases something seems very obvious and a person wants to ignore this and push an alternative theory.

It's then that I wonder if the person writing the comments is involved in the particular crime or knows the person that was?

Going a step further I also wonder if curiosity gets the better of perpetrators that they have to read what people are saying about it. Also if LE is able to monitor if a suspect/POI is following a case and commenting about it on forums such as this?

I don’t think they commented but the people charged in the James Faith murder from Dallas followed our WS thread and mentioned it in text messages to each other.

I'm very curious about the crime scene in this case. If there were no shoe prints or other disturbances in the blood at the scene, then it's unlikely it was an attempted carjacking. The articles related to this incident state that Jared was found next to the open door of his car. Some have speculated that perhaps this was a carjacking and once the shooter saw there was a child in the car, they ran. But that scenario would require the shooter to step over the victim's body in an attempt to enter the vehicle and would have created a disturbance of forensic evidence at the scene.

I do believe this was a targeted hit and investigators are on a path to find the truth.

Article gives new details about Shanna''s comments in 2015, where she asked staffers at the tattoo business if they knew anyone who could, "shut him up."

Florida ex-wife of slain Microsoft exec allegedly wanted to 'shut him up,' tattoo staffer
So it wasn't just the kids and custody...

Snippets:
Jared Bridegan was a devout member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormon church. He married his first wife in a 2010 fairytale wedding at the Salt Lake Temple in Utah. But Gardner-Fernandez, who’s from a prominent and wealthy Mormon family, stopped going to church, then allegedly had an affair — triggering the acrimonious divorce.
[...]

She frequently stopped by the parlor just to hang out and often vented about her soon-to-be ex-husband, complaining that he was "trying to take all of her money," the employee recalled.

Her parents financially supported the couple before the divorce — including a monthly stipend of $8,500 a month, according to court papers.

Snip
The Florida ex-wife of slain Microsoft executive Jared Bridegan was shattered by her former husband's murder.....

"I fell to the floor because I was devastated," Shanna Gardner-Fernandez,......

In the clip, the interviewer asked, "Did you have anything to do with Jared's murder?" then the teaser faded out. Gardner-Fernandez's answer won't be revealed until the segment airs Thursday at 5 p.m.

Police have not publicly named a suspect in Bridegan's murder.

Snip
The Florida ex-wife of slain Microsoft executive Jared Bridegan was shattered by her former husband's murder.....

"I fell to the floor because I was devastated," Shanna Gardner-Fernandez,......

In the clip, the interviewer asked, "Did you have anything to do with Jared's murder?" then the teaser faded out. Gardner-Fernandez's answer won't be revealed until the segment airs Thursday at 5 p.m.

Police have not publicly named a suspect in Bridegan's murder.

While what her answer is wont exactly be a network cliffhanger I wonder why she is saying anything and what this new lawyer thinks of it.

So it wasn't just the kids and custody...

Snippets:
Jared Bridegan was a devout member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormon church. He married his first wife in a 2010 fairytale wedding at the Salt Lake Temple in Utah. But Gardner-Fernandez, who’s from a prominent and wealthy Mormon family, stopped going to church, then allegedly had an affair — triggering the acrimonious divorce.
[...]

She frequently stopped by the parlor just to hang out and often vented about her soon-to-be ex-husband, complaining that he was "trying to take all of her money," the employee recalled.

Her parents financially supported the couple before the divorce — including a monthly stipend of $8,500 a month, according to court papers.
honestly at this point it prob was just the kids and custody. in the years since the initial split, he remarried and got a well paying job.

“Gardner-Fernandez, 35, who had been engaged in near constant litigation over custody of their twins since their 2015 split, remains a suspect in his murder, a law-enforcement source told Fox News Digital.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44