FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

By agreeing to plead guilty to Jared Bridegan's ambush shooting death in Jacksonville Beach, 62-year-old Henry Arthur Tenon will be sentenced to at least 15 years in prison, according to the newly released plea agreement.

In accepting the March 16 guilty plea for second-degree murder with a weapon, the "state waives the sentencing guidelines, defendant agrees to testify truthfully against any co-defendants, state will drop counts 2, 3 and 4 at the time of the sentencing," the agreement reads.

[snip]

"Both parties acknowledge that the sentencing court will give weight to the defendant's life expectancy, his early and continuing cooperation in the prosecution of co-defendants and will hear all parties, including members of the victim's family in considering the appropriate sentence," the agreement reads.

A second-degree murder conviction can be punishable up to life in prison.

Tenon also will receive credit for time served since his Aug. 18 arrest on charges of possession of a weapon by a felon and driving with a suspended or revoked license on a third or subsequent conviction. That arrest report stated he had a shotgun in the trunk during a traffic stop. The Bridegan charges were added on Jan. 25 while he was still in jail awaiting trial.

State Attorney Melissa Nelson said Tenon confirmed he was the triggerman in the Feb. 16 attack on Bridegan, who had dropped off his twin children to his ex-wife whom he shared custody with. [snip]

Not sure IF this happening - and Duval County court site won't let me access it - maybe @PayrollNerd can help me? I shall go ahead & post this. I see that Fernandez is still in the Orange County jail site.

Tuesday, March 21st:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Jared Galen Bridegan (33), father of 4 ambushed & killed (shot 4 times), his 2-year-old daughter was just feet away in the back seat, Jacksonville Beach, Feb. 16, 2022. *Henry Arthur Tenon (61/now 62) arrested (1/25/23) & charged (1/26/23) & arraigned (2/13/23) with conspiracy to commit murder in the 1st degree, 2nd degree murder with a weapon, accessory to the fact to a capital felony & child abuse. Plead not guilty. Held without bond (murder) & $1.5M (other counts).
In Tenon's court file "on or between 1/4/22 & 2/16/22, in the county of Duval & the State of Florida, did agree, conspire, combine or confederate with other human beings to, unlawfully and from a premeditated design, effect the death of Bridegan."
Trial was set to begin on 7/19/23 was cancelled, Tenon plead guilty (3/16/23) to 2nd degree murder to a plea agreement.

Case & Court info from 2/16/22 thru 2/3/23 reference post #634 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...jacksonville-beach-16-feb-2022.616204/page-33

2/4/23 Update: Arraignment hearing on 2/16/23 was rescheduled to 2/13/23. 2/13/23 Update: Tenon's attorney, Matt Bodie, entered a not guilty plea on his behalf to charges of 2nd degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, accessory after the fact & child abuse for the Feb. 16, 2022, killing of Jared. Judge Roberto Arias adjourned the case to 3/21/23 for a status conference hearing & set a trial date of 7/19/23.
2/27/23 Update: The Attorney's Office filed & was granted a second request to seal Tenon’s arrest warrant affidavit for an additional 30 days, since the first deadline was approaching. Spokesman David Chapman said "The decision to seek such protection was based on a compelling governmental interest to keep this information confidential."
3/16/23 Update: State attorney Melissa Nelson said Tenon plead guilty to 2nd degree murder in court Thursday & agreed to testify in Mario's case. The "State waived the sentencing guidelines, defendant agrees to testify truthfully against any co-defendants, State will drop counts 2, 3 & 4 at the time of the sentencing," the agreement reads.
*Mario Enrique Fernandez Saldana (34) – In Orange County Jail. Had initial appearance on 3/17/23. Will be transferred to Duval County to face charges.

That is Henry Tenon's case ID. I thought you were looking for info on Mario??

Henry's schedule, some dates are cancelled.
View attachment 410250

Yes I was looking for Tenon's case - sorry! I see that Fernandez is still in Orange county jail - so have to wait for him to be extradited.
And thanks for the info on Tenon.

@PayrollNerd - I tried again to access Duval County, but it is not working for me.

Fernandez is no longer in the Orange County jail - so he might have been transferred now. maybe a first court date?

TIA! :)

I found him at the Duval County jail website under Mario Fernandez.

ETA: Never mind, it may not even be him and it was for a 2/16/23 arrest.

I found him at the Duval County jail website under Mario Fernandez.

ETA: Never mind, it may not even be him and it was for a 2/16/23 arrest.

Full name is Mario Enrique Fernandez Saladana. Wonder if that is a typo - as he was arrested on 3/16/23...
And thanks for checking!

edited to add: DOB 4/28/88

From the jail site - no court date on there yet.

Case# 2023170620 STATE 782.04(1)(A) Description : MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Bond : N/A Fine : N/A Purge : N/A
Date Entered : 03/22/2023 11:50 AM Charge Type : LF
Jurisdiction : JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF'S OFFICE Charge Status : N/A Sentence Date : N/A
Charge Comments : N/A

STATE 777.04(2) Description :SOLICITATION TO COMMIT A CAPITAL FELONY
Date Entered : 03/22/2023 11:50 AM Charge Type : F1
Jurisdiction : JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF'S OFFICE Charge Status : N/A Sentence Date : N/A

STATE 782.04(1)(A) Description : CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
Date Entered : 03/22/2023 11:50 AM Charge Type : F1

000.000 Description : RMS NO MATCH CHARGE
Date Entered : 03/22/2023 11:50 AM Charge Type : OTHER

link: https://inmatesearch.jaxsheriff.org/InmateSearch/InmateDetail/3747823

Thursday, March 23rd:
*First Appearance Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Jared Galen Bridegan (33), father of 4 ambushed & killed (shot 4 times), his 2-year-old daughter was just feet away in the back seat, Jacksonville Beach, Feb. 16, 2022.*Mario Enrique Fernandez Saldana (34) arrested (in Kissimmee, Orange County) & charged & indicted (3/16/23) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder, solicitation to commit a capital felony & child abuse. In Orange County jail waiting for transfer to Jacksonville in Duval County. Transferred to Duval County on 3/22/23.
Case & court info from 3/16/23 reference post #728 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...jacksonville-beach-16-feb-2022.616204/page-37

A Fourth Circuit Grand Jury returned the following indictments (3/16/23) against Fernandez Saldana: 1st degree murder: Punishable by death or mandatory sentence of life in prison; conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder: Punishable by up to 30 years in prison; solicitation to commit a capital felony: Punishable by up to 30 years in prison & child abuse: This charge stems from the fact that Bridegan’s then-2-year-old daughter Bexley was directly in harm’s way during the shooting.
3/17/23 Update: Initial appearance in Orange County court. He will be transferred to Duval County jail to face his charges. Saldana is represented by Jesse Dreicer. He said he is prepared to represent his client. Dreicer confirmed he was his attorney before the arrest & does not know when his client will be moved to Jacksonville.
3/22/23 Update: Fernandez was extradited from Orange County jail to Duval County jail. Will make first appearance in Duval County at 9am on 3/23/23.
*Henry Arthur Tenon (61/now 62) – Plead guilty (3/17/23) to 2nd degree murder & will testify against Saldana. Status hearing on 6/7/23 & sentencing hearing on 6/14/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10