GUILTY FL - Jennifer Fulford, 56, Winter Park, 27 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

WATCH: Convicted Murderer Scott Nelson's Outburst in Court

Here is the article associated with the video, which details some of the testimony prior to the outburst:
Admitted Murderer Has Outburst in Court, Insists He’s Not Racist (WATCH)
12:23 pm, July 3rd, 2019
Convicted murderer Scott Nelson had an outburst in an Orange County, Florida court Wednesday after testimony showed that he had “problems” with Muslim inmates while in prison.

“I’m not a racist,” said Nelson, an admitted killer.

[...]
Roy Gravette, a federal prison expert, testified Wednesday about the defendant’s time in federal prison, saying that Nelson “had problems with the Muslim inmates” while doing a food service job. Guess who had an issue with this account.

“Jesus Christ,” said Nelson. This outburst progressed to him insisting that he wasn’t racist. The judge sent the jury out of the room, and chided the defendant. Nelson seemed to back down, and promised it wouldn’t happen again.
[...]

This article provides more context:
‘I’m not a racist’: Killer Scott Nelson’s outburst during murder trial draws rebuke from judge
JUL 03, 2019 | 12:54 PM
A judge warned Scott Edward Nelson he could be removed from his own murder trial after the convicted killer interrupted a prosecutor, who was asking a witness about Nelson’s use of racial slurs.

“I’m not a racist,” Nelson interjected.

[...]
Nelson’s outburst on Wednesday happened as Assistant State Attorney Kenneth Nunnelley questioned Tim Gravette, a retired associate warden from the Federal Bureau of Prisons who was asked by Nelson’s attorneys to look over his prison records. Nelson spent about 25 years in prison, and his attorneys have said most of that time was in solitary confinement.

Nunnelley asked Gravette about records showing Nelson’s use of racial slurs while incarcerated.

Gravette said Nelson “couldn’t keep his mouth shut” and had somehow offended “everyone but the Hispanics,” including a white gang and group of African American Muslims. Nelson spent about 95 percent of his time in a special housing unit, partially because he was bullied for cooperating with law enforcement and testifying against his cellmate, according to the testimony.

When Nunnelley asked Gravette whether Nelson had “adverse effects” from his time in special housing, Nelson said, “He’s out of control.”
[...]

After SN outburst in court the other day.

Do you think he will testify in the penalty phase?

I think he will want to, unless his lawyers can seriously talk him out of it. I think he will do it anyway. imo

After SN outburst in court the other day.

Do you think he will testify in the penalty phase?

I think he will want to, unless his lawyers can seriously talk him out of it. I think he will do it anyway. imo
I think he will insist on testifying. He can't help himself.

Monday, July 8th:
*Penalty Phase continues (Day 4) (@ 9am ET) - FL - Jennifer Lynn Fulford (56) (missing Sept. 27, 2017, Winter Park; found Sept. 30, 2017) - *Scott Edward Nelson (53) arrested & charged (10/1/17) & indicted (12/12/17) with 1st degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, assault & battery, (1st degree) car jacking with deadly weapon, (1st degree) robbery with firearm & (3rd degree) tampering with a witness. Plead not guilty. No bond on all counts. DP case.
Trial started 6/10/19 with Jury selection & ended on 6/21/19. Trial started 6/24 & ended on 6/27/19. 12 jurors & 3 alternates. 7/1/19: 1 juror excused, 2 alternates left.
Verdict after about 3 hours of deliberations on 6/28/19: GUILTY of First-degree murder with a weapon. GUILTY on all other counts. Penalty phase begins Monday morning, 7/1.

Jury selection from 6/10-21 & Trial info from 6/24/19 to 6/28/19 (Day 1-5) & Penalty Phase 7/1/19 (Day 1) reference post #571 here:
GUILTY - FL - Jennifer Fulford, 56, Winter Park, 27 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

7/2/19 Penalty Phase (Day 2): Defense witness: James Nelson (Nelson's older brother). Tense moment in the courtroom as state keeps objecting to parts of James Nelson's testimony about childhood. Scott Nelson says, "Shut up" to a prosecutor, then tells the judge, "I object to all these interruptions." We're on a break now. Defense witnesses continued: Clifford Benson (Nelson's childhood friend). Thomas Broderick (Nelson's cousin). Dr. Robert Ouaou, Neuropsychologist. Mark Rubino, Neurologist. Penalty phase continues on 7/3.

7/3/19 Penalty Phase (Day 3): Defense witness: Roy (Tim) Gravette, Federal prison expert (formerly an associate warden with the Federal Bureau of Prisons). Another out burst from Nelson. Nelson, to the judge, referring to Nunnelley: “He’s bastardizing the process of this trial.” To his lawyer: “He’s called me a racist. Mistrial. Now!” The judge strongly rebuked Nelson for his outburst and then allowed Nelson's lawyer to speak with him privately. Nelson & his attorneys are in a side room so he can calm down. The judge repeatedly asked Nelson to stop talking. Nelson asked for a mistrial and then asked when he could testify. Nelson is getting visibily agitated & starting to speak out in court again. The judge just called a brief recess so Nelson can calm down. Nelson is upset about the multiple objections & began to say he wasn't a racist. Court is resuming. Judge White asks Nelson if he has any issues. Nelson: “No, I don’t have any issues at all sir. I’d just like to proceed. I was just getting into my feelings, I guess, and I’d like to move on.” Defense witness: Joseph Picotte, with the Orlando Union Rescue Mission (a homeless shelter). The jury's been sent home until the defense calls its next witness on Monday, 7/8.

LIVE link today:
Watch Live: Scott Nelson Penalty Phase in Murder of Nanny Jennifer Fulford
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. ET. Court is expected Monday, July 1 to Wednesday, July 3, followed by a break across the holiday weekend. It will likely finish up on Monday, July 8.

I'm away from my computer until mid-day, so I won't be posting tweets.
Nelson will probably testify today, so I'll have to watch the re-play of that.
:rolleyes:

Anything happening? They've been in court for at least 2 hours.... :(

Court TV‏Verified account @CourtTV
"My opinion is that his ability to regulate his behavior at the time of the events leading up to the offense . . . is impacted by his history of head trauma." Defense mental health expert who evaluated #ScottNelson takes the stand in the Nanny Abduction and Murder Trial.

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork
#ScottNelson - Nelson to judge, "I would like to testify."

D-9v386U8AExZIk.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#ScottNelson - When the judge asked Nelson if he was satisfied with the witnesses called by his attorneys he starts listing people he wished would have been called. The judge calls for lunch recess and tells Nelson to discuss with attor

#ScottNelson - The judge will not allow Nelson to allocute. He is now asking Nelson about testifying. Nelson to judge, "pound for pound I am probably the most honest inmate that has ever been in here" Watch Live: https://lawandcrime.com/

#ScottNelson - Nelson tells the judge he wants to testify but doesn't want to be "badgered" by the prosecutor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back