FL - Jennifer Johnson, 31, abducted & murdered, Tampa, 15 Nov 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by capoly, Nov 21, 2008.

1. capoly

capoly New Member

Tampa Police spokeswoman Laura McElroy confirmed that Johnson made the 911 call after being forced into the trunk of her car.

The 911 call was relayed to the Plant City Police Department.

Neither police department is saying yet what happened from there, due to the pending investigation.

The 911 recording is not being released, but police have described it as "terrifying."

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=6&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

2. Loading...

3. JaneInOz

JaneInOz Former Member

4. BeavisMom62

BeavisMom62 No, Butthead is NOT here!!

That poor woman! Does it say how she was murdered?

5. Carla Lashelle

Carla Lashelle New Member

Well this is another botched 911 call from Florida, right after the Denise Amber Lee tragedy. They haven't said what happend to this woman per se. She was found "partially nude" in a vacant house one county over from Tampa/Hillsborough County. I think her boyfrind is everyones prime suspect. There are a lot of domestic murders like that here, sadly.

6. OkGrace

OkGrace New Member

I think it read that they are investigating, so far if I recall correctly.

I hope not.

7. capoly

capoly New Member

As Carla wrote....another botched 911 call....but is it due to LE alone or is it also an issue with the cell phones.

I recall there being an issue with cell 911 calls and where they connected to. Where I live the cell 911 calls were (may still be) going to State Police than redirected to local areas.

Is that how Florida works?

8. Carla Lashelle

Carla Lashelle New Member

here i THINK its sort of like a middle man. and at least in some cases they dont forward the calls to the cops. we had a case where 911 hung up on someone 2.

9. earthacademy

earthacademy Inactive

In Denise Amber Lee's case they totally dropped the ball between 2 counties not sending out the bolo {be on the look out alert} and Jane Kawolski {the woman who saw Denise fighting for her life} called 9-1-1 , was on the line for over 9 minutes! describing streets, etc, etc,,,, and they still dropped the ball.... actually forgot about her calling. she had to call back the next day to ask what was going on. they probably hoped that would have been swept under the rug. there were so many missed opportunities in this case it is sickening. four 9-1-1 calls.:mad:

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From November 2011:

http://www.tbo.com/plant-city/man-who-killed-girlfriend-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-325923