FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Discussion in 'Jennifer Kesse' started by Harmony 2, May 9, 2017.

1. Markybug

Markybug Well-Known Member

Re the car bonnet, if the poi was not involved directly but merely moving the car he wouldn’t think to wipe the bonnet down as he hadn’t touched it ?

TedMac and Truth Prevails like this.

2. Truth Prevails

Truth Prevails Well-Known Member

Or, he thought about it but the timing was an issue, or he realized taking Jennifer's vehicle to a car wash would open up multiply opportunities for someone to see and remember the vehicle and the driver; maybe even creating an opportunity to be caught on a good, or better, quality surveillance video. In other words, it wasn't worth the risk, maybe.

ktgirl and geojeffrey like this.
  3. Georgia8

Georgia8 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link to those earlier discussions - the stuff about the lie detector is quite strange, I imagine if you were asked to do a lie detector years after the event AND you were inclined to protect the victim's reputation even in your mind you might realize you felt inclined to lie to the FBI (obviously a terrible idea) even though nobody wanted to solve the crime more than you.

Does anyone who knew the case much longer ago than me (just a few months ago) know why her Dad was at leaning towards the trafficking theory? Just blind hope that she was alive or due to some reasoning or if not evidence, knowledge? And I think he is less inclined to believe that now? As I understand it he believes she is not alive his wife still has some hope. So why the change? Just the passage of time too many years or, again, through some reasoning or knowledge if not evidence exactly?

ktgirl, flgrl017 and marable like this.
  4. seib_seib

seib_seib Active Member

Sorry to hijack with a random question...I'm a longtime lurker and just newly posting...

Do we know when her flight got in from her vacation? If she only had one flight, or had a connection?

I'm curious because I know St. Croix's small airport well, I've spent probably a quarter of my life there since I was born - it can be an EXHAUSTING place to fly out of and can make for a long day of travel (going to the theory of her being tired after returning). The airport signage recommends you get there THREE HOURS prior to your flight because it can be such a ***show.

However, if she took one direct flight from there to Miami (I don't believe any flights out of there go directly to Orlando, but I could be wrong) it actually wouldn't be that tiresome (IMO) that's always the easy leg of my trips.

I actually returned from St. Croix a couple of weeks ago and it was the first time I ever sat there and thought about Jennifer being there shortly before her life was completely altered, possibly taken. I hope so badly that this is solved someday.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    windrower, ktgirl, katsrfun and 3 others like this.
  5. flgrl017

flgrl017 Well-Known Member

I agree with you about the poly.
    As far as the trafficking theory, I think it’s wishful thinking. I’ve never saw anything that could lead to that. From watching the 48 hour episode their theories are all over the place IMHO.

6. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Agreed. I also don't see Jennifer as a high risk victim at all. It's a myth that victims of sex trafficking are abducted from parking lots and grocery stores, as an example. My own Sheriff's office released an education statement several years ago because of these rumors and residents being afraid. It was all social media rumors that took hold. IMO

ETA: what they did say to watch out for, are these posters that pop up on busy intersections that say "work from home, earn $30 per hour" with a phone number. Those are often ploys. Right out in the open, hoping for someone that can be groomed and enticed with money, an apartment, etc. IMO

windrower, ktgirl, BrittyB7 and 4 others like this.
  7. flgrl017

flgrl017 Well-Known Member

She drove to Rob’s place in south Florida and they flew from there. I’m not sure what airport they flew out of. It was either Ft Lauderdale or Miami. They flew back from St Croix on Sunday. On Monday she drove directly from Rob’s to work. Last known contact was with Rob Monday night at 9:57 pm (cell phone). Her phone was pinging after she got off the phone with Rob until about 10:40 when it went dead.

windrower, Karennn7, ktgirl and 2 others like this.
  8. Valiant

Valiant Well-Known Member

My thoughts:
    1) He/she was time constrained and had to get back to the area of her apartment on a schedule that didn't make a car wash practical - especially if they weren't real familiar with the area.
    2) You can wipe the inside of a car and remain inconspicuous. You park a car and get out and wipe down much of the exterior and you draw attention.
    Just my thoughts.

ktgirl, BrittyB7, alliebama and 3 others like this.
  9. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Well-Known Member

10. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Disappearance of Jennifer Kesse examined on 48 Hours on ID

June 13, 2021

48 Hours on ID is in Orlando, Florida, to investigate the abduction and presumed murder of Jennifer Kesse, who disappeared without a trace while making her way to work in 2006.

The 24-year-old has been missing for 15 years after vanishing one morning while heading out to work. She is assumed to be dead, but a body has not been recovered, and nobody has been charged with her murder.

11. tortconsulting

tortconsulting New Member

Most Florida cars do NOT have front license plates as they are not required

Marysmith likes this.
  12. tortconsulting

This does NOT mak any sense unless the struggle occurred somewhere other than the middle of her apartment parking lot at 7AM where many people are going to out and about for work.

marable and flgrl017 like this.
  13. tortconsulting

Markybug likes this.
  14. tortconsulting

How did FBI come up with the estimated height for the person in the video? Hairstyle not necessarily trendy, but to me leans female

15. tortconsulting

I agree with a lot of your points. What info is there on the 'damp' towel. How damp? and where was the towel? I hang my towels up when I shower at night, in the morning they are usually try, but If I leave a damp towel on the floor it will most likely still be damp the next day. Also, you are right, not enough time to do all this on scene, or next door and leave no trace. Though sunrise was at 7:16 on the morning of January 24, 2006 (per online almanac) it is an active hour with people out and about, going to work, working out etc. so it seems more likely that whatever happened to her, happened the night before. Where was her car leading up to the video where it was dropped off at Huntington Apartments?

16. tortconsulting

I agree with a lot of your points. What info is there on the 'damp' towel. How damp? and where was the towel? I hang my towels up when I shower at night, in the morning they are usually try, but If I leave a damp towel on the floor it will most likely still be damp the next day. Also, you are right, not enough time to do all this on scene, or next door and leave no trace. Though sunrise was at 7:16 on the morning of January 24, 2006 (per online almanac) it is an active hour with people out and about, going to work, working out etc. so it seems more likely that whatever happened to her, happened the night before. Where was her car leading up to the video where it was dropped off at Huntington Apartments?
    I agree, seems taller.

Marysmith likes this.
  17. tortconsulting

I agree, I think taller.

18. tortconsulting

What is the cell phone evidence?

19. fr brown

fr brown Well-Known Member

They're not required where I live either, but most cars have them. In fact, a cop told me that if she sees a car without a front license plate, she considers that suspicious.

20. SimplyCass

SimplyCass Well-Known Member

In thread #6, someone did a shower experiment (unsure how closely it matched the conditions at the condo to see how quickly a towel would dry. FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #6

FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11
    ^ in that thread, Drew Kesse said that Jennifer showered in the morning, not at night (unless she was going out for a formal occasion). He's not a verified insider (since he was concerned about his safety); I haven't been able to quickly locate a MSM source where he says that.

Georgia8 likes this.