Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Last edited by a moderator:
Websleuths is a victim friendly forum…..

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. ……That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

REFERENCING OUTSIDE SOURCES - "LINKS"

Quoting an outside source is allowed when the content is intended to substantiate a post. An example would be a snipped portion of a mainstream media (MSM) news article. While Websleuths does not prohibit quotes from sources outside of WS, we reserve the right to remove the quote and link if the source is deemed inappropriate.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

mod note: Most blogs are not considered appropriate sources. There are some exceptions. Contact a moderator if you have a question about information coming from a particular blog. Rumor and misinformation coming from unapproved blogs will be removed unless the information can be substantiated with an MSM or LE link. Do not assume that posts with information from a blog have been left standing because they are acceptable. Moderators are very busy with active cases on the board and may not have seen particular posts with that information.

I notice that Jennifer's car had no front license plate. From my (limited) experience, it's common for a person who steals cars to remove the front plate (with the idea that if he backs the car into a parking space, it makes it harder for the police to check the status of the car). But I don't know if Jennifer's car had a front plate originally. Maybe not.

The poi had thirty seconds to wipe down the car and apparently did a pretty good job.

From the program I watched, the dog appears to have trailed the suspect back to Jennifer's complex and to a hedge and a fence. Possibly a bicycle had been chained there? The dog would have been scented, I think, off the driver's seat of the car. Where's that seat now? Is it possible there's still trace DNA from his pants, shirt, etc.?

Anyway, random thoughts. Maybe I'd look for a then-teenaged male with a history of stealing cars.

Not all states require a front and rear tag. I believe FL is one that does not require both plates. I live in AL and we only have rear plates. I was in FL last week and didn't notice front plates.

Not all states require a front and rear tag. I believe FL is one that does not require both plates. I live in AL and we only have rear plates. I was in FL last week and didn't notice front plates.

Of course. If you are lacking a front plate when your state requires it, you'll be pulled over. My state doesn't require a front plate, but most cars have them. My post assumed that Florida didn't require a front plate at the time; whether Jennifer had one, I don't know. If she did, he must have taken it off.

Car thieves here will remove the front plate and back into a parking space to delay detection. They have favorite motels for dumping cars. I know this because of a ride-along I did with a police officer, and a personal experience of having a car stolen.

It's a long shot, but the poi looks like he might be a teenager. Maybe he's wearing a school uniform.

Last edited:
Of course. If you are lacking a front plate when your state requires it, you'll be pulled over. My state doesn't require a front plate, but most cars have them. My post assumed that Florida didn't require a front plate at the time; whether Jennifer had one, I don't know. If she did, he must have taken it off.

Car thieves here will remove the front plate and back into a parking space to delay detection. They have favorite motels for dumping cars. I know this because of a ride-along I did with a police officer, and a personal experience of having a car stolen.

It's a long shot, but the poi looks like he might be a teenager. Maybe he's wearing a school uniform.

I should add that it wasn't really the lack of a front plate that made me think "car thief." It was the quick, self-assured wipe-down. The possibility that the poi was a (private?) school student with a reputation for, or documented history of, car theft is more towards the possible than the likely, but it seems like it at least has the virtue of being checkable.

I notice that Jennifer's car had no front license plate. From my (limited) experience, it's common for a person who steals cars to remove the front plate (with the idea that if he backs the car into a parking space, it makes it harder for the police to check the status of the car). But I don't know if Jennifer's car had a front plate originally. Maybe not.
There are no front license plates in Florida for normal plates.

On Thursday, her parents attended a court hearing in a lawsuit the family has filed against over their missing daughter's case. Drew and Joyce Kesse are suing the City of Orlando, Orlando Police, and the Police Chief. They say that police have repeatedly denied them access to their missing daughter's case files.

Thursday's hearing was to determine whether or not a detective hired by the family can go over those files with the judge. The family says that if that happens, they want to be in the courtroom or have their attorneys in there.

The judge in the case says it would take almost five-and-a-half years to read through the entire case. Still, she is allowing the lawsuit to proceed.

Family of missing Jennifer Kesse in court for lawsuit hearing

Judge receives Jennifer Kesse investigative documents from Orlando police

I am stealing a page from fr brown's book and hopefully not getting myself in trouble with my first post. :) I am taking a fresh look at this case after putting it down several years ago and working on a couple others. If all discussion threads are closed here has discussion shifted elsewhere? I checked jenniferkesse.com and registration on that forum is closed. For professional reasons I cannot utilize social media or I would join the fray on Facebook so I am hoping that is not the only remaining online discussion on Jennifer's case that is still active. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

The Kesse family is currently suing Orlando police to gain access to the case files. There may be some new news if they are successful.

The Kesse family is currently suing Orlando police to gain access to the case files. There may be some new news if they are successful.
A couple of the accounts I read on this stated that this process may take years. Hopefully not, but given our legal system it wouldn't surprise me.

Has the ping map ever been made public or is LE still the only entity with access to that information? Most of the part I am stuck on with this case centers around the data that is (or isn't) contained in the ping map.

The Kesse's have now taken over Jennifer's casefile.

The OPD is not investigating anymore.

Here is some new information:

The police only interviewed English speaking workers, the Spanish workers were never interviewed.

This is from wtsp.com

The Kesse's have now taken over Jennifer's casefile.

The OPD is not investigating anymore.

Here is some new information:

The police only interviewed English speaking workers, the Spanish workers were never interviewed.

This is from wtsp.com
Wow, if true, that is a major mistake, and I am glad the Kesses are trying to get the case files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy