FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia brought up a good point about if a struggle happened on the hood, why didn’t he clean it too?
I think this idea was put in the Kesse’s heads when they got the police files. It’s mentioned in those screenshot pages from the news article. The police saw this, and I assume they tested it. There wasn’t any mention of these marks by them until they received those files.
BBM Yes, they never mentioned the marks.

However, if you pause the "Jennifer Kesse - Person of Interest" surveillance video on YouTube around the 26-second mark, the struggle markings on the hood are evident. The same image is also shown in the Greta Van Susteren special, done way back in 2014.

Also, there are old articles discussing how Jennifer's family couldn't stand to look at her car and that was some of their explanation as to why they so quickly got rid of it once LE released it.

I don't think it was new "news", imo.

I’ve considered a forced entry or someone she knew coming to her door. I think that since her contacts are missing and she appears to have gotten ready that she had plans. Plus her phone started to move right after the call with Rob.
BBM That's what has been said for years. However, if the ping study is "no good", how do we know that?

We don't know where Jennifer was when she placed that call to Rob from her cell phone.

She could have been already out--at the mall, or anywhere.

BBM Yes, they never mentioned the marks.

However, if you pause the "Jennifer Kesse - Person of Interest" surveillance video on YouTube around the 26-second mark, the struggle markings on the hood are evident. The same image is also shown in the Greta Van Susteren special, done way back in 2014.

Also, there are old articles discussing how Jennifer's family couldn't stand to look at her car and that was some of their explanation as to why they so quickly got rid of it once LE released it.

I don't think it was new "news", imo.
I noticed that you could see them in older media too. To me that just shows the power of suggestion. Up until that news segment I don’t recall them being discussed by online sleuths.

I wonder if they knew about them before, then why they mentioned them so many years later.

BBM That's what has been said for years. However, if the ping study is "no good", how do we know that?

We don't know where Jennifer was when she placed that call to Rob from her cell phone.

She could have been already out--at the mall, or anywhere.
I think the ping study is the best evidence they have except for the surveillance video.
I definitely think it’s possible she could have been sitting in her car already when she made that short call to Rob. Didn’t her phone not work that great in her apartment. I’ve noticed it’s sometimes hard to get signals on my phone in large buildings like that.

I think the ping study is the best evidence they have except for the surveillance video.
I definitely think it’s possible she could have been sitting in her car already when she made that short call to Rob. Didn’t her phone not work that great in her apartment. I’ve noticed it’s sometimes hard to get signals on my phone in large buildings like that.
If I am not mistaken she used her land line phone when she spoke with Rob Monday night ...I had always thought J used her cell phone for the call but I think it was Joyce who stated J used her land line phone ...

If I am not mistaken she used her land line phone when she spoke with Rob Monday night ...I had always thought J used her cell phone for the call but I think it was Joyce who stated J used her land line phone ...
She may have but the police report says it came from her cell.

Attachments

• 408CCFAC-DF26-4472-BE2C-9FA3DE948231.jpeg
    408CCFAC-DF26-4472-BE2C-9FA3DE948231.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 19
Well, how did Jennifer know it wasn't important?

Because she knew who it was knocking and wanted to avoid them.

Otherwise, why not just open the door to see who it is, or shout out 'who is it'?

If someone knocks on my door, and I'm not expecting anyone, I'll try to find out who it is and what they want.

The only time I won't do that is if I'm avoiding someone and know it's that particular person at the door, then I won't answer.

MOO.

Completely agree.

The door thing always bothered me. I haven't read a ton about this case but it's very important to know who was knocking at the door. Like you said, if someone is knocking you always check unless you were purposely ignoring someone. It's been stated so many times, almost to the point of annoyance, how "careful" J was. If she was careful, then one would imagine she would check the door or alert her dad (on the phone) in a frightened manner. That has always bothered me and my first thought was "maybe it was a man she was seeing and she didn't want anyone to know."

I know people can get very defensive over victims, which I understand, but from the moment I read about this (7 years ago?) I thought she was possibly involved with another man. Not that my evidence is great, but just piecing things together. As mentioned in my earlier post, it just "seems" that way from the things I have read. Once again, none of it is to cast judgment on her or victim blame.

I noticed that you could see them in older media too. To me that just shows the power of suggestion. Up until that news segment I don’t recall them being discussed by online sleuths.

I wonder if they knew about them before, then why they mentioned them so many years later.
One of my guesses--to give the media something to print and draw the public's attention.

Yes, I agree with you about the ping study. I assume you are aware that Mr. Kesse has said he had "officials" look at it and it was deemed as "no good". Something to be ignored.

And, yes, again. It's been stated and restated for years that Jennifer's cell phone got very poor reception in her condo.

Completely agree.

The door thing always bothered me. I haven't read a ton about this case but it's very important to know who was knocking at the door. Like you said, if someone is knocking you always check unless you were purposely ignoring someone. It's been stated so many times, almost to the point of annoyance, how "careful" J was. If she was careful, then one would imagine she would check the door or alert her dad (on the phone) in a frightened manner. That has always bothered me and my first thought was "maybe it was a man she was seeing and she didn't want anyone to know."

I know people can get very defensive over victims, which I understand, but from the moment I read about this (7 years ago?) I thought she was possibly involved with another man. Not that my evidence is great, but just piecing things together. As mentioned in my earlier post, it just "seems" that way from the things I have read. Once again, none of it is to cast judgment on her or victim blame.
Yes, I agree with y’all about the door knock totally. It would be alarming for a single woman living alone to get a door knock at that time - as I’ve been in her shoes and had to call 911 at one time for the same as there was a very deranged (on drugs I found out later) man on the other side.

Yes, I agree with you about the ping study. I assume you are aware that Mr. Kesse has said he had "officials" look at it and it was deemed as "no good". Something to be ignored.

And, yes, again. It's been stated and restated for years that Jennifer's cell phone got very poor reception in her condo.
Yes, I saw what he wrote one q&a, and I’m very concerned about it to be honest. The cell phone data can not be dismissed because it doesn’t fit a certain narrative.

Yes, I agree with y’all about the door knock totally. It would be alarming for a single woman living alone to get a door knock at that time - as I’ve been in her shoes and had to call 911 at one time for the same as there was a very deranged (on drugs I found out later) man on the other side.
I wound at least expect her to look through the peep hole even if she didn’t converse with the person or let them in.

It is well known three things solve crimes:

Physical evidence
Witnesses
Confessions

As far as is known any one of these three key elements have been missing since day one.

I wonder how Mr Kesse and his helpers are progressing with the mountain of case files they got from the OPD?
If there has been a 'wow' moment would we have heard about it?

Would Jennifer keep an additional relationship or relationships secret from that best friend of hers? People usually confide in their best friend.

This is an interesting point. There is a lot we don't know.
I for one don't remember anyone ( whether a friend or a relative of Jennifer's) posting anything on any forum regarding Jennier's disappearance.

Would Jennifer keep an additional relationship or relationships secret from that best friend of hers? People usually confide in their best friend.
Maybe one she wasn’t 100% sure of or proud of? I hope this doesn’t come across as blaming the victim. I have done this! And I know others have too. Jennifer was a good person and it is a true nightmare that there are no answers about what happened to her.

Perhaps if she was meeting someone she thought it was as friends and the guy had another idea?

This is an interesting point. There is a lot we don't know.
I for one don't remember anyone ( whether a friend or a relative of Jennifer's) posting anything on any forum regarding Jennier's disappearance.
I read through this entire forum recently. At one point, there was someone that posted often that seemed to know the family (ucfalum or something similar). Her dad also has a account and has posted a few times (beginning of thread #11).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member