FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big believer in $ rewards for information, but...I'd be tempted to bump
up the amount significantly from $15,000 to at least $50,000. Someone out there must know something and maybe with a bigger payout, someone would be willing to say something.

I started with this case in 2006. 16 years ago. We had high hopes this would be solved in those early days.
Now here we are 16 years later and how far has this investigation advanced since day one. This case isn't just cold it's absolutely freezing. I can't for the life of me see how this can be solved. I wished it was otherwise
I've mentioned this many times but how many unsolved cases are there with video footage of the perpetrator?

Jennifer's boyfriend Rob is as I understand it the one person who has been cleared and I both believe and respect that.

It is interesting though that I noticed as I re-watched some TV shows on Jennifer that it said Rob had been interviewed up to 12 times whereas her old boyfriend according to some accounts both jealous of her trip with Rob (and with whom Jennifer was still in contact with I believe?) and who was drinking across the street the night she went missing or the evening before only a few times. Seems odd. What were they after with Rob? Is there anyone in his milieu they were interested in or were they hoping Rob had some insight into friends in Jen's life including of course the old boyfriend? Early on it seems it would be pretty clearly that Rob had been some distance away, phone records would show that. When they summoned Rob to be there when they opened J's trunk what were they thinking at that point? Since they knew that he could not have done it?

Asking because I have always been interested in the proximity of the St. Croix trip to the event.

I would still like to know as well

1. what is the status, I mean reliability of the story from a woman who says Jennifer was trying to rent a different apartment and seemed preoccupied and worried about something outside? I have said this before but this woman checked her files AFTER she realized Jennifer had gone missing so it is either a very reliable story or she is outright lying for attention. Which is it? Shouldn't those files have been extant and we should know for sure by now?

2. Both Jen's parents say she was in a great mood when she talked to them the night she went missing or the evening before. There is the odd description of the phone call with Rob which appears to have been far to sort to get into the angst ridden "insecure" on her part according to Rob, disagreement.

There are lots of other things I would like to know but these two should be easily knowable if the right people would just tell us.

Last edited:
I started with this case in 2006. 16 years ago. We had high hopes this would be solved in those early days.
Now here we are 16 years later and how far has this investigation advanced since day one. This case isn't just cold it's absolutely freezing. I can't for the life of me see how this can be solved. I wished it was otherwise
I've mentioned this many times but how many unsolved cases are there with video footage of the perpetrator?
Two that come to mind are Missy Bevers and Scott Rattigan.

Jennifer's boyfriend Rob is as I understand it the one person who has been cleared and I both believe and respect that.

It is interesting though that I noticed as I re-watched some TV shows on Jennifer that it said Rob had been interviewed up to 12 times whereas her old boyfriend according to some accounts both jealous of her trip with Rob (and with whom Jennifer was still in contact with I believe?) and who was drinking across the street the night she went missing or the evening before only a few times. Seems odd. What were they after with Rob? Is there anyone in his milieu they were interested in or were they hoping Rob had some insight into friends in Jen's life including of course the old boyfriend? Early on it seems it would be pretty clearly that Rob had been some distance away, phone records would show that. When they summoned Rob to be there when they opened J's trunk what were they thinking at that point? Since they knew that he could not have done it?

Asking because I have always been interested in the proximity of the St. Croix trip to the event.

1. what is the status, I mean reliability of the story from a woman who says Jennifer was trying to rent a different apartment and seemed preoccupied and worried about something outside? I have said this before but this woman checked her files AFTER she realized Jennifer had gone missing so it is either a very reliable story or she is outright lying for attention. Which is it? Shouldn't those files have been extant and we should know for sure by now?

2. Both Jen's parents say she was in a great mood when she talked to them the night she went missing or the evening before. There is the odd description of the phone call with Rob which appears to have been far to sort to get into the angst ridden "insecure" on her part according to Rob, disagreement.

There are lots of other things I would like to know but these two should be easily knowable if the right people would just tell us.

BBM...I am not sure they (LE) had cleared Rob at this point. They wanted him to open the trunk because they wanted to observe his reaction if Jenn's body was in the trunk. As far as why Rob was closely scrutinized at the beginning of the investigation...Most investigators start on the inside (with those closest to the victim) and work their way out. Since he was her fiancé and the two had been together the previous day, they began with him.

The Delphi murders...they even have a sound clip of "Bridge Guy" and no closer to solving it.

This video footage of this POI is...for lack of a better word...just awful. There is no agreement on even the most basic info - like height, weight, even whether it's a man or a woman.

My thoughts on the update:
1. I thought the agreement was for the files to be redacted.
2. Were there no notes since 2010 -or- were there no notes from just the lead detective? I know there was movement on the case since then regarding searches. How could their not be any documentation on those?
3. It doesn’t surprise me that le isn’t taking orders from private citizens. The Kesse’s attorney should have explained this to them before they proceeded with their lawsuit.

(RSBM) From how I understand it, the agreement was part of the settlement of the Kesse's lawsuit. I hope that the agreement has specific terms and ways to get the information if OPD isn't cooperating or following through.

BBM...I am not sure they (LE) had cleared Rob at this point. They wanted him to open the trunk because they wanted to observe his reaction if Jenn's body was in the trunk. As far as why Rob was closely scrutinized at the beginning of the investigation...Most investigators start on the inside (with those closest to the victim) and work their way out. Since he was her fiancé and the two had been together the previous day, they began with him.

"if Jenn's body was in the trunk."
Can't be that. The odor would be pretty strong if she was.

My thoughts on the update:
1. I thought the agreement was for the files to be redacted.
2. Were there no notes since 2010 -or- were there no notes from just the lead detective? I know there was movement on the case since then regarding searches. How could their not be any documentation on those?
3. It doesn’t surprise me that le isn’t taking orders from private citizens. The Kesse’s attorney should have explained this to them before they proceeded with their lawsuit.

I agree with all these points, flgrl. I would say regarding 2010, that OPD turned the case over to FBI about that time. FBI refused to accept it. I have posted quotes from each on this. It was literally a case no one wanted for many years. There's lots of room for finger pointing for the reason, and just as many denials, but these are well known facts by all, including the Kesses.

Her friend she spoke to for a long time Monday evening said she was in a weird/funky mood. I’ve never heard her elaborate why she thought that.

My wishlist on easily answered questions is:
1. What was in the brown purse? (As a female the answer to this would be tell me a lot)
2. What did Jennifer have for lunch Monday? (As far as I know we’ve never been able to pinpoint what she ate for supper. I’d love to know if she had a big lunch that Monday.)
3. When was the last time Jennifer’s and Travis’s phone had any communication with the towers? Was there anything past 10:40 pm Monday night?
4. What flip flops did Jennifer have on when she left work Monday?

The Delphi murders...they even have a sound clip of "Bridge Guy" and no closer to solving it.

This video footage of this POI is...for lack of a better word...just awful. There is no agreement on even the most basic info - like height, weight, even whether it's a man or a woman.

(RSBM) From how I understand it, the agreement was part of the settlement of the Kesse's lawsuit. I hope that the agreement has specific terms and ways to get the information if OPD isn't cooperating or following through.

I’ve been reviewing stories from the media thread. The opd was supposed to make redactions and hand the files over to the Kesse’s so their private investigator could go over them. The Kesse’s were saying the had the files a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the link, grandma. What in the heck do you guys think this means?
"Attempts to hire a private investigator, said Drew, have been thwarted, but the family says they refuse to give up hope and will continuing their fight."

This is rabbit hole territory. He's talked for years about the progress his investigators have made. Last January, for example, in previous grandma link.
Yes it is rabbit hole territory. They have private investigators. I’m confused.

I agree with all these points, flgrl. I would say regarding 2010, that OPD turned the case over to FBI about that time. FBI refused to accept it. I have posted quotes from each on this. It was literally a case no one wanted for many years. There's lots of room for finger pointing for the reason, and just as many denials, but these are well known facts by all, including the Kesses.
I think there would at least have to be something on the International Drive/World Center Drive search in 2012. There were over 100 officers used. That one had to be expensive
Also the Lake Fischer search in 2019.

I think there would at least have to be something on the International Drive/World Center Drive search in 2012. There were over 100 officers used. That one had to be expensive
Also the Lake Fischer search in 2019.

I may be naive, but I can't see the logistics of a search as being documentation of the investigation. The only thing relevant would be what initiated the search. And I expect OPD would not divulge that information. Technically they probably consider everyone a possible suspect except where logistically impossible (Rob the boyfriend) and treat everyone as such.

Also they probably locked the file when they said they gave it to FBI and what was fought over in court was information prior to that. I doubt that they consider information on actions after that something they are required to turn over unless the court decision explicitly said all future investigation is subject to disclosure, which I doubt would be said.

I have no insight or facts though. Just my guess on what's going on.

i watched the surveillance video again today after not having watched it in quite awhile. my very first gut reaction is that it is a female. From my experience, men by and large don't typically walk on their toes like that, though i'm not saying it's impossible. I believe officials also put the person's height at like 5'3 - 5'5 if i'm not mistaken? again just generalizing but that fits more with average height of a female, although some men of certain ethnicities like east Asian and Latinx can be shorter than the average male height of European and African descent men.

i watched the surveillance video again today after not having watched it in quite awhile. my very first gut reaction is that it is a female. From my experience, men by and large don't typically walk on their toes like that, though i'm not saying it's impossible. I believe officials also put the person's height at like 5'3 - 5'5 if i'm not mistaken? again just generalizing but that fits more with average height of a female, although some men of certain ethnicities like east Asian and Latinx can be shorter than the average male height of European and African descent men.

For a different perspective, google "Analysis of POI head" to see a thread I wrote last year. Lots of picture comparisons. Basically you can clearly see the back of the head is a male haircut. I believe also it is clear that the top is that of a helmet. I was going to continue this with a comparison in sillouette of POI head and various helmets and never got around to it. Maybe talking about it will motivate me enough to do it.

My apologies in advance to non-US/Canada. The spambots are ferocious if I don't block them off.

For a different perspective, google "Analysis of POI head" to see a thread I wrote last year. Lots of picture comparisons. Basically you can clearly see the back of the head is a male haircut. I believe also it is clear that the top is that of a helmet. I was going to continue this with a comparison in sillouette of POI head and various helmets and never got around to it. Maybe talking about it will motivate me enough to do it.

My apologies in advance to non-US/Canada. The spambots are ferocious if I don't block them off.

I'm going to try again I didn't get much traction last time lol. The second image that RD so superbly worked on and blew up : I think it clearly shows an African American or at least 'black 'male. I don't see a helmet. I see African American hair and am maybe imagining there are even wisps of hair coming off the head. There is a bun of course. I think he is wearing hip hoppy clothing and Timberland boots, not the thick sole at the toe type something like the Kendrick style. Google Milan teens wearing Timberland boots, an article on hip hop style and Timberland and see the guy on the right since his toe is off the ground. You have to scroll down to see that image - I have been looking through e-bay so far it is tough to get a sense of evolving models and styles. The third image IF that is a face and I don't think it is, then I see a young white male. In that image that RD blew up, the second one inside one of the latches I see...a face. Which obviously isn't there.

Of course another possibility is Caribbean Hispanic with black ancestry e.g. Dominican.

The third image bothers me because of all the rippling. There is a LOT of reflection if that is what it is it sort of invades the car practically. Why?

He has a sweatshirt that is not belly length exactly but hangs out and not to the waist. Way back I linked to example of that circa 2006. Oversized clothes at various times have been very popular in hip hop style I can't really find anything on shoes but some of the more hiking boots I see famous rappers from way back wearing look enormous to me. Hence the fact they seem way too big for anyone that height. The attractive part of this would be of course that nobody is looking for a POI the way I see them.

Earlier RD explained why the person cannot be 'black' but I didn't really understand it. We don't as far as I know know the colour of anything recently it was discussed if it is even day or night.

RD can you explain that again for me, for us.

I don't see a military walk I see a kind of forceful body leaning forward urgent controlled walking style that to me is just obviously typical of a certain kind of black guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members