FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
drumstick said:
LaMer,

Thank you so much for the info and thank you for tracking me down to read it!;)

I understand that the OPD searched the woods behind the Mosiac complex.

My question was mainly about reports of the dog tracking into the woods but like you I have not found any news reports of it.
An interesting observation was made that the dog tracked back to the condo
along the highway on the cement sidewalk and after arriving on the condo grounds took a back way in that would not be know by anyone except those living and working in that complex. When I read reports of the dog tracking into the woods (which are incorrect) I wanted to know why.

Thank you for your help! You're a great poster!
Did the dogs track right past the same security cam that was used to get the pic of the POI?

Posts copied from info and support thread!

fl_sun
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2006

NO one knows!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one knows. It is believed that she is being held 100ft away from her condo possibly in a storage locker.
sleuthin4fun
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_sun
No one knows. It is believed that she is being held 100ft away from her condo possibly in a storage locker.

Did I miss something???
Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Beyond Belief
Registered User Join Date: May 2005

I don't know that you missed something. That type of rumor which the one I heard was that she was being held in an unoccupied condo somewhere in Orlando.
fl_sun

Profiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A profiler (highly educated) believes this and that she is alive. I have been corresponding with the profile to a great extent and I am convinced.

I know, no one wants to think Jennifer is alive, but in reality, this type of abduction simply does not happen in Orlando. We have crimes of abductions relating to domestic relations cases, boyfriend/girlfriend situations. And any time someone is abducted and killed (which is rare) is if it is drug related (or the person has drug associations i.e.: family members etc.)... Unless Jennifer has a family member or friend in the drug world, this is a possible scenario, but it isn't because it isn't the case.

The last abduction was a woman working at a Circle K store at or after 1am and to date, no one has found her or her abductor in 1990.

AND

The person of interest IS critical to the investigation which is why the Kesse family and police are still asking for information on the POI. Personally, I think they've got their eye on someone, but they need the POI.

...I am a mature post graduate MA Criminology student, MSc Imaging sabbatical student, and conversion course student for MSc Psychology. I work on missing people as both a psychic detective and a geological profiler that is multidiscipline...

Unfortunately I cannot disclose this person's identity yet, but the profiler has posted anonymously on http://flfiesta.com/forum
littlemisslegal

Quote:
A profiler (highly educated) believes this and that she is alive. I have been corresponding with the profile to a great extent and I am convinced.

I know, no one wants to think Jennifer is alive, but in reality, this type of abduction simply does not happen in Orlando. We have crimes of abductions relating to domestic relations cases, boyfriend/girlfriend situations. And any time someone is abducted and killed (which is rare) is if it is drug related (or the person has drug associations i.e.: family members etc.)... Unless Jennifer has a family member or friend in the drug world, this is a possible scenario, but it isn't because it isn't the case.

The last abduction was a woman working at a Circle K store at or after 1am and to date, no one has found her or her abductor in 1990.

AND

The person of interest IS critical to the investigation which is why the Kesse family and police are still asking for information on the POI. Personally, I think they've got their eye on someone, but they need the POI.

...I am a mature post graduate MA Criminology student, MSc Imaging sabbatical student, and conversion course student for MSc Psychology. I work on missing people as both a psychic detective and a geological profiler that is multidiscipline...

Unfortunately I cannot disclose this person's identity yet, but the profiler has posted anonymously on http://flfiesta.com/forum

I am puzzled why you said no one wants to think she is alive ! why would you say that ? many hope she will be found alive and thinking she may be is called a hope for a miracle.i certainly do not want to think she is dead .
fl_sun

I am puzzled too

I am puzzled too, but every person I have actually talked to in person doesn't believe she is alive.
littlemisslegal

Quote:
I am puzzled too, but every person I have actually talked to in person doesn't believe she is alive.

the time missing as months go by makes one feel less hopeful i imagine. i questioned why you posted no one wants to think she is alive. it sounded as if you felt most did not want her to have a chance at being alive. i do not think you meant it that way so i was puzzled by how you worded your thoughts. we all wish a happy ending i would hope , we do not know how this will end, but fear not good. it is terrible this happens to so many girls.
#448 Today, 09:58 AM
fl_sun

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisslegal
the time missing as months go by makes one feel less hopeful i imagine. i questioned why you posted no one wants to think she is alive. it sounded as if you felt most did not want her to have a chance at being alive. i do not think you meant it that way so i was puzzled by how you worded your thoughts. we all wish a happy ending i would hope , we do not know how this will end, but fear not good. it is terrible this happens to so many girls.

Yes, but in Jennifer's case, I really think she is being held aganst her will. I really do. Prayers went out all over the world for the release of Jill Carolle in Iraq and see, she is free to go home! Maybe we have factions here in America, we just don't know. Most abductions and murders etc. are drug related or lifestyle related and I know Jennifer does not fall into any of those categories.
Mygirlsadie
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2005

Unfortunately I don't think she is being held against her will at all. I believe she is no longer with us. I hope and pray though that they find her so her parents can put her to rest and have a place to go 'visit' their daughter. The odds of her being held against her will just arent good.

Quote:
Yes, but in Jennifer's case, I really think she is being held aganst her will. I really do. Prayers went out all over the world for the release of Jill Carolle in Iraq and see, she is free to go home! Maybe we have factions here in America, we just don't know. Most abductions and murders etc. are drug related or lifestyle related and I know Jennifer does not fall into any of those categories.

WKMG - 4 pm est

Filmed interview - Drew said they are desperate.

New Reward of $10,000 strictly from the Kesse parents - offered to anyone with information about the "POI" in the picture that leads to Jennifer.

Kesses DO NOT want to prosecute - you may remain anonymous - this reward has nothing to do with Crimeline or their $15,000. reward for arrest & prosecution of the perpetrator.

Joyce & Drew just want their daughter back - and for that person who "knows" something to please call them.

Kesses Direct Cell Phone - 407 - 722 - 2162

13th Juror

Good morning Websleuthers :)

Yesterday afternoon (March 30), our thoughtful Mod, Animal04216, started a brand new "Info & Support thread" - "Jennifer Kesse - Part 2" for us.

As she noted .. this new Info & Support thread for Jennifer" in the 'Missing Forum' is *not* for case discussion (theories, rumors, any controversial opinions or those of other posters on a totally separate forum).

This new "Part 2 thread" is our place to post "information" regarding this baffling case of Jenn's disappearance as well as messages of "Support" for Jennifer, Joyce, Drew, Logan & Rob - and, of course, the many friends of Ms. Kesse who are also grieving her devastating absence.

I hope we will all be mindful that Jenn's family & numerous caring friends do read here at Websleuths.

We all 'want and wish for' only the most positive outcome for Jenn & her family - regardless of what many fear .. may have occured.

Continued Prayers for Jenn and Blessings to all ...

13th Juror

The dog did not track the POI's path. It tracked out to the turn in from the highway and followed the sidewalk back to the Mosiac but came in a back way, not the front entrance.

There is so much misinformation on forum boards and in the press that it is very difficult to sift through the fiction and find the actual facts.

I posted this on "Info & Support" - but, with further consideration, I decided it might also be appropriate as food for thought on the Discussion thread.

Friday night, March 31st, Greta featured a segment on Jennifer's disappearance.

Greta began by saying that the Kesse parents are asking for 'help' and willing to pay for it. Jenn was last seen on Monday, Jan. 23rd. Her car was recovered on Thursday, Jan. 26th in a condo complex parking lot a mile from her home.

Greta continued - Police believe that the "person of interest" caught on a surveillance camera at the 'Huntington On The Green" parking lot may know something about her disappearance. Now, Jennifer's parents are offering $10,000. of their own money for information leading to this "POI".

Greta: "We asked Orlando Police Sargeant Barbara Jones about these images."

Sgt. Jones said they had some technical people out there in the parking lot taking some measurements. She said they did not want to limit viewers by saying that the POI is a certain height or weight because they want people to really look at the images and give 'tips' as to what they see. Doing the technical measurements, it was noted that there may be some infrared crossover and clothing may be lighter or darker than shown in the images. Although the clothing looks to be white or light colored - it may very well be dark clothing. They just don't know.

Jones continued that the "hair" in the image (if it is the hair!) that it's very "different" looking. Said the OPD has canvassed the area hair salons and unisex stylers because it's very possible that this POI goes to a particular stylist on a regular basis - and that the stylist could be familiar with the cut and the person in the image. They're hoping to generate some leads on that front.

Greta turned to Drew & Joyce, who were in a remote location in Orlando, for the updated interview.

Asked if there was any good news or update on the search for their daughter - Drew (looking & sounding extremely tired) replied, no that they were still on the same course but still very positive in nature - and honestly still waiting for 'the call'. He said, "We need to get someone to have the guts to speak up and get some information and that's why we came out with this $10,000. reward."

Joyce was asked about picture enhancement and if this is the best one we can get from the FBI to analyze. She responded that - yes, to her understanding, it is the best they can do - due to the poor quality of the camera used.

Greta asked whether or not the police were able to determine if the picture taken of the POI was captured at or about the same time that Jenn's car was parked there on Thursday. Was it perhaps coincidental - or is there a real liklihood that this is connected to their daughter's car?

Drew responded. Wording his reply carefully - he said, "We believe .. uh, we have actually been told that the picture was taken 'at the same time' that the car was dropped off. And the feeling is that the POI was walking in the parking lot or maybe that the car crossed this person's path while it came into the parking lot. And that's why this person is so crucial to us and really why we've come out with the reward. Another reason we came out with the reward is - it's a very tough neighborhood and we're learning over the 9 and a half weeks that people are not going to talk to the police there .. and they feel that 'Crimeline' .. a percentage of them feel that 'Crimeline' is associated with the police - so, we want to give them another avenue that is not police associated .. which is why we came out with this."

Greta said she was fixated on one thing in particular - that very early in the investigation the police brought dogs over to their daughter's car at Huntington. The dogs went from Jenn's car back - oddly, to their daughter's apartment complex at Mosaic. Greta said it suggested to her the liklihood that someone knows something who either works at the Mosaic complex or is living at the complex.

Greta stated that she knew it was a huge complex and asked Joyce if the police had combed through and questioned everyone who both works there & lives there.

Joyce said - yes, they had been told that OPD had done so. Also that all of the vacant units have been searched more than once. Have they searched every unit? No, because obviously Mosaic residents have the right to their privacy.

Drew mentioned that throughout the construction industry and within a few industries there are illegals working. Greta interrupted and asked if anyone failed to turn up for work that particular day - suggesting they nabbed Jennifer and 2 days later returned her car and went back to work. Any spotty employment records for anyone?

Joyce said - not that they've been told. Drew said that since Mosaic was a "conversion" from rentals over to ownership condos that new owners could have had sub-contractors of their own in the complex - workers not related to Mosaic. Greta said something to the effect that if she were handling the investigation - and, of course, that no one had asked her - "everyone" would be questioned.

Joyce said, "Just to clarify also - even though the car was not found until Thursday - it was actually brought to that complex the day of her abduction. The 'Huntington On The Green' complex where the car was ultimately found.

Just my personal observation - for what it's worth .. in this 3/31 interview, Drew & Joyce just looked exhausted and totally worn out. And who could blame them! What a hideous ordeal they are living! I don't know what 'well' they are pulling their strength & courage from - but, my heart certainly goes out to both of them. Like another poster said a while back .. I wish I could wave a magic wand and dispell this nightmare from all of their lives.

That last bit of information from Joyce Kesse was news to me. Until now - I wasn't aware that Jenn's car was driven to 'Huntington' on the same day she was abducted then driven away at some point and returned again on Thursday when the surveillance camera captured the image of the POI.

13th Juror

I was always under the impression the car was there from tuesday noon. did mrs. kesse say the car had been used after that time period?

From the news that's been reported, Jennifer's car was seen at the Huntington On The Green complex on that Wednesday by a resident. That same resident called the police on Thursday after realizing it was the car everyone was looking for. I haven't read any reports that the car was known to have been parked there on Tuesday. Mrs. Kesse's statement about knowing the car was parked in that parking space on Tuesday at about the same time the POI was recorded on video tape was new information and a surprise to many watching Greta's show.
Evidently the POI is more important than we were led to believe in the beginning. I hope everything humanly possible is being done to find this person.

Pictures of the parking lot which I believe were on Fox's on the record site showed a mail truck parked in the area of where Jennifers car was found. Mail trucks usually park in "same area" location every day. I would think the mail carrier had noticed it.

Have they investigated all the workmen that were at the complex? Wasn't Jennifer worried about them?

Yes to the second question. Highly unlikely for the first one. Nobody knows because LE have said little about this case for weeks.

I don't see how anyone could identify the person in that video. Even the FBI couldn't do anything with that picture the quality was so bad. I don't why they bothered to even have that camera. If you can't see the person who did whatever then the camera is worthless.

I think it could very easily be one of the workman at Jennifer's condo complex. There are the regular workers that probably work there everyday and then there are other workers that are contracted in by the regular workers. The owner of a company that does construction hires lots of people for different things. There are contractors and subcontractors. People in and out and here and there.

The person who took Jennifer parked her car at the other complex on the same day that she went missing according to Jennifer's parents. That person could have been gone for an hour or less. He could have dumped her car and then made his way back to the condo complex using the back way so he wasn't seen. Those workers could easily be gone for an hour without anyone catching on. It makes total sense to me anyway. He could easily have taken Jennifer to his place...tied her up and taped her mouth..and there she would have remained until he got back from work.

Bobbisangel wrote:

He could easily have taken Jennifer to his place...tied her up and taped her mouth..and there she would have remained until he got back from work.

I hadn't thought of that possibility and I have not seen it suggested anywhere either.
That scenario is a definite option.

Bobbisangel said:
I don't see how anyone could identify the person in that video. Even the FBI couldn't do anything with that picture the quality was so bad. I don't why they bothered to even have that camera. If you can't see the person who did whatever then the camera is worthless. . .
I agree that the image is awful but I try to remember that it is most likely there to get pics of anyone that does not belong inside the gate and was probably never supposed to get pics of someone walking past outside the gated area after having witnessed or committed a crime elsewhere.

In looking over the image of the POI again I see what could be either a tattoo or a minor wound on one arm above the watch. I won't get too fancy with blowing it up as I would likely get images that were nothing but that looked like something due to distortion.

I won't try to read in anything about the color of clothing since I long ago learned that some digital cameras can take a pic of a black shirt and have it come out as white on the stored image.

Edited to add: The mark might also be a stain, as if he/she had brushed up against a newly painted surface and if so hair from the arm might be stuck to whatever newly painted surface was brushed against or leaned on. I wonder if any workmen complained of having to redo or retouch anything they had painted that day because it got smudged?

The shirt was interesting. When shading the shirt area was the most difficult. All areas around it accepted the darker shade easily and turned dark, but not the shirt. Just areas on the white where there is probably writting. Leading me to believe it is a white shirt. Possible the expensive athletic type t shirt thats not cotton, but some type of polyester blend.

drumstick said:
From the news that's been reported, Jennifer's car was seen at the Huntington On The Green complex on that Wednesday by a resident. That same resident called the police on Thursday after realizing it was the car everyone was looking for. I haven't read any reports that the car was known to have been parked there on Tuesday. Mrs. Kesse's statement about knowing the car was parked in that parking space on Tuesday at about the same time the POI was recorded on video tape was new information and a surprise to many watching Greta's show.
Evidently the POI is more important than we were led to believe in the beginning. I hope everything humanly possible is being done to find this person.

Drumstick, there were media reports in the past which the only conclusion to make was exactly that, since the poi's picture was caught around the time of when when Jenn's car was dropped of at HOTG because LE thought Jenn's car had been caught on other surveilance cameras in the area, around the same time- at least I surmised that along with some other posters. Althought this was the first time Mrs. Kesse had specifically stated it.

That was the reason for the interest of the poi, Jenn's car had been picked up on surveilance about the same time in the area of HOTG---at least LE thought it might be Jenn's car, as the time on the surveilance camera viewed the poi.

Snippets from media reports:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Police are now releasing a timeline as to when they think Jennifer's car came through the South John Young Parkway corridor and detectives are scouring the store surveillance tapes hoping one of the cameras captured something to narrow the timeline.

Jennifer's car is still the best clue police have. A woman, who didn't want to be identified, but lives in the Huntington on the Green apartments where Jennifer's car was found last Thursday morning, remembers seeing the car a whole day earlier, Wednesday morning. She nearly hit it, in the lot.

"My kids were making noise in the car and I almost backed into it," she said. "I didn't notice that car before and, when I noticed it, I knew it wasn't somebody staying around here."

Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen the Chevy Malibu anytime after 10pm Monday night, when Jennifer last spoke to her boyfriend, and Thursday morning at 8am, when the car was found.

Detectives think Jennifer herself, or someone else, was traveling on South John Young Parkway, between Texas and Americana and Conroy Road by the Mall of Millenia, during that time frame.

---------------------
The first break in the case came Thursday when Kesse's 2004 Chevrolet Malibu was found abandoned at the corner of Texas and Americana at the Huntington on the Green apartment complex. Neighbors said the vehicle had been parked in the lot for several days.
----------------------

The pictures show a man they're describing as a person of interest.

Police say the photos were taken in the area of Texas and Americana around noon on January 24th, which is the day Jennifer failed to show up for work.

Police aren't releasing much information about these images, but they say the man is a pedestrian who appears to be wearing dark colored shoes and a white top.

Despite the fuzziness of these pictures, investigators say they hope someone in the public can identify him
--------------------------------

Exactly two weeks after their daughter's car was found parked at the Huntington on the Green condos, Joyce and Drew Kesse wanted to see the complex for themselves.

"We know her car was here. Whether she was here with it or the car was dropped, I don't know. I guess that's part of all the mystery, too," Drew Kesse said Thursday.

Another mystery is the person of interest seen in surveillance video walking past the pool gate of the condos right around the time the car was left there. At first, police thought he was wearing light-colored clothing. But then crime scene investigators working with the surveillance camera noticed their own dark uniforms also appeared light.

"That kind of concerned them and they started looking a bit more at that camera," explained Sgt. Barbara Jones, Orlando Police Department.

Detectives aren't even sure if the person of interest is a man or a woman. They're asking the public to focus less on the person's clothes and more on the body style or hair style. Police even canvassed salons asking workers to pay attention.
-------------------------------------

Det. Glen Gause of the Orlando Police Department described the area where her car was recovered as a drug area. "It's not a nice part of town." Any and all evidence inside the car was sent for further analysis to crime labs operated by the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

The only tangible clue to date is surveillance video of the area where Jennifer's car was abandoned. A surveillance camera caught a glimpse of an individual walking in the area of her vehicle on the morning of her disappearance. Police want to talk to this "person of interest." Det. Gause and his partner, Detective Emmett Browning, believe this individual is a male wearing dark clothing. Because the video is from far away and through a chainlink fence, it has been difficult to identify the mysterious person. Police believe this "person of interest" may know something about Jennifer's disappearance.

------------------------------------
Police also want to talk with the person in surveillance photos, now saying the man or woman is between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-5. But the surveillance pictures were too fuzzy for the FBI to determine an approximate weight or shoe size. Detectives said the person of interest may have seen someone ditch Jennifer's car at the Huntington on the Green condos.
---------------------

Geez hope these snippets are allowed here.

Drumstick, am I reaching? What do you surmise?

There was a quickie film report on Local6 TV News at 4 pm filed by reporter, Louis Bolden, who has been covering the Kesse's plight to find their daughter.

Drew & Joyce Kesse appeared today before the Orlando City Commission to launch a new push to get 'someone' to come forward in this case.

They appealed to the commission to see that surveillance cameras were installed at all apartment & condominium complexes. They also discussed the "stop snitching" phenomenon (a street term) that has become commercial and basically condemns talking to authorities about criminal activities.

From the short TV clip ....

Drew: "We ask for you to please continue to support the police and the authorities until we get our daughter back."

Mayor Buddy Dyer responded with kind praising words for the Kesses and said that the city would rededicate resources from OPD to the case.

Edited to add:
It was a very short report (1-2 minutes) at the end of the 4 pm newscast. Don't know if it will be on the WKMG website later today.

13th Juror

WKMG Local 6 TV Newscast - 6 pm

There was a bit more about the Kesse's plight and appearance before Orlando City Commission meeting on Monday. Bless their hearts - Drew & Joyce are single-handedly keeping Jennifer's abduction story 'alive' in the media!

Louis Bolden reported that the Kesse family has become well versed on 'a code of secrecy' that's becoming more prevalent on the streets in certain Orlando communities. After ten weeks into the investigation, they've introduced this concept to the Orlando City Council.

In a film clip - the Kesses introduced the council to a disturbing new culture of secrecy on the streets. "Stop Snitch'n" As I posted earlier - it condemns talking to police about criminals & criminal activity.

Sgt. Rich Ring, who is handling the Kesse case, said, "If people stop talking to police about criminal activity - what you'll basically have is anarchy."

Bolden: Law enforcement officers say the mentality could stand in the way of crimes being solved. The Kesses believe the mentality may be standing in the way of their daughter being found.

Because the Kesses believe so strongly that 'someone knows' and are afraid to talk to police or Crimeline - they are now working with an attorney to find alternative methods for people to provide information. Bolden said there would be more news on that subject later in the week.

13th Juror

At the end of the repeated Kesse segment on the WKMG TV Newscast at 11 PM last night - there was something additional added.

Reporter Louis Bolden showed several photographs of the Kesses light bronze colored SUV. A company called Luis Signs created a tasteful 'moving billboard' on 3 sides of the Kesse's automobile. The creation, donated to the Kesses by the Orlando company, is complete with a full window sized picture of Jennifer's smiling face .. the reward offered, phone numbers and all pertinent information for contact.

We can only hope that the right person or people will eventually "do the right thing" and make the call that will put an end to this family's horrific nightmare.

Continued prayers for Jennifer, Drew, Joyce, Logan and Rob ...

13th Juror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member